20 1A new standings 4/11/09

TyCobb

Had the priviledge of getting to watch the game with Overton and Carlisle. I would like to say that Carlise is one heck of a team and deserve a high ranking. They can stroke the ball and have 2 pitchers that seem to throw 87-89. I wish I could have had a radar gun to know just how fast they were throwing. Overton is a very good ball club as well and had 3 freshmen on the field from the start and 4 from the 4th inning on. They are going to be very salty in years to come. They too can stroke the ball pretty well. I thought both teams played with a lot of class since it was suppose to be a rivalry game. Good character was revealed from both sides. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way. :thumbsup:

Stick

Had the priviledge of getting to watch the game with Overton and Carlisle. I would like to say that Carlise is one heck of a team and deserve a high ranking. They can stroke the ball and have 2 pitchers that seem to throw 87-89. I wish I could have had a radar gun to know just how fast they were throwing. Overton is a very good ball club as well and had 3 freshmen on the field from the start and 4 from the 4th inning on. They are going to be very salty in years to come. They too can stroke the ball pretty well. I thought both teams played with a lot of class since it was suppose to be a rivalry game. Good character was revealed from both sides. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way. :thumbsup:

Stick

couldn't agree with you more and i'm sure the guys are thankful of your appoval. good luck to both teams as the playoffs aproach and hope to see them both go deep.

anyone know if these records are correct?

I'm pretty sure that Waskom has 5 wins. Here are the standings the way I had them:

Carlisle 10-0

Overton 7-3

Hawkins 6-4 (tie break so far over Beckville)

Beckville 6-4

Waskom 5-5

Union Hill 4-6

Big Sandy 2-8

LC 0-10

Stick

Carlisle also has 6 freshmen on there team, and two of them start and one Dh's. so down the road, i think they both should still be doing real good.

Carlisle also has 6 freshmen on there team, and two of them start and one Dh's. so down the road, i think they both should still be doing real good.

This battle should continue for years and at a high level! From what i hear the eighth grade class at carlisle is something else. they have quite a few select ball players and some dixie championships in that class. so i don't see carlisle getting anything but stronger. both towns little league programs are starting to go crazy and the rivalry game have gotten a little more intense, even at the younger ages!

that can't do anything but make the towns even better at the high school level. everyone expects to win and bust thier butt to get it done. (on a side note-that is what was so hard to take about the game the other night. it felt like we didn't come to play. it was easier to take the 2-1 loss earlier this year.) to close, it sure does make for some awesome games for us baseball junkys. only problem is, they happen just twice a year!

This battle should continue for years and at a high level! From what i hear the eighth grade class at carlisle is something else. they have quite a few select ball players and some dixie championships in that class. so i don't see carlisle getting anything but stronger. both towns little league programs are starting to go crazy and the rivalry game have gotten a little more intense, even at the younger ages!

that can't do anything but make the towns even better at the high school level. everyone expects to win and bust thier butt to get it done. (on a side note-that is what was so hard to take about the game the other night. it felt like we didn't come to play. it was easier to take the 2-1 loss earlier this year.) to close, it sure does make for some awesome games for us baseball junkys. only problem is, they happen just twice a year!

This rivalry has been going on long before I started school (almost 30yrs ago) and will continue long after we are gone. Carlisle 8th grade class has some talent, they had a heck of a football team. I know of 5 off the top of my head that are fairly impressive on the diamond.

as far as the standings go, they look correct, i look for the 3rd spot to be settled in hawkins in the last game of the year, which is Beckville vs. Hawkins

i know overton better not slip up or we will be in the middle of that with beckville and hawkins. i will say, what ever 3 teams leave this district for the playoffs, we should be well represented! it's been a tuff district this year. carlisle is un defeated, but even they have had some tight starts to some games. seems like every team comes out swinging at the beginning of the district games(no matter thier record).

This rivalry has been going on long before I started school (almost 30yrs ago) and will continue long after we are gone. Carlisle 8th grade class has some talent, they had a heck of a football team. I know of 5 off the top of my head that are fairly impressive on the diamond.

the freshman group is very good for carlisle, but i would think some of them would never start in high school, because of the group that is coming up with Gunner and some of the 7th graders as well. isn't coach colley's son in that group as well?

the freshman group is very good for carlisle, but i would think some of them would never start in high school, because of the group that is coming up with Gunner and some of the 7th graders as well. isn't coach colley's son in that group as well?

The freshmen of this year have certainly contributed. So, who is it that you suggest shouldnt start next year?

The freshmen of this year have certainly contributed. So, who is it that you suggest shouldnt start next year?

the freshman that are on the bench may stay there, because the 8th grade are full of very good ball players. but the coaches will decide that next year. i'm not saying anything bad about the freshman that are starting. or for that matter, about the ones on the bench. i'm trying to say the 8th graders are very good and the competition level will be intense at carlisle next year. just like it will be at overton for the next couple of year. jmo!

the freshman that are on the bench may stay there, because the 8th grade are full of very good ball players. but the coaches will decide that next year. i'm not saying anything bad about the freshman that are starting. or for that matter, about the ones on the bench. i'm trying to say the 8th graders are very good and the competition level will be intense at carlisle next year. just like it will be at overton for the next couple of year. jmo!

Competition is a good thing, makes everyone give 100% for playing time. That's what I call a good problem.

Competition is a good thing, makes everyone give 100% for playing time. That's what I call a good problem.

COMPETITION DRIVES THE CREAM TO THE TOP! THAT'S WHY COLEMAN NEEDS TO BE MVP, CREAM RISES TO THE TOP! I DON'T SEE HIM LETING A LITTLE INJURY KEEP HIM OUT OF A GAME WHEN HE PLAYS A RIVAL TEAM.

What are the standings after 4/14?

Carlisle 11-0 carlisle over hawkins

Overton 8-3 overton over union hill

Hawkins 6-5

Beckville 7-4 i don't know, but i'm sure they won.

Waskom 6-5 waskom over big sandy

Union Hill 4-7

Big Sandy 2-9

LC 0-11

i think this is all correct.

Carlisle 11-0 carlisle over hawkins

Overton 8-3 overton over union hill

Hawkins 6-5

Beckville 7-4 i don't know, but i'm sure they won.

Waskom 6-5 waskom over big sandy

Union Hill 4-7

Big Sandy 2-9

LC 0-11

i think this is all correct.

three games left and carlisle has first taken care of. overton has lc, big sandy, and waskom left. who's left for hawkins and beckville and waskom?

who we have left-

overton-lc, big sandy, and waskom

big sandy-beckville, carlisle, and overton

carlisle-union hill, lc, and big sandy

beckville- hawkins, big sandy, and ?

hawkins- waskom, union hill, and beckville

who we have left-

overton-lc, big sandy, and waskom

big sandy-beckville, carlisle, and overton

carlisle-union hill, lc, and big sandy

beckville- hawkins, big sandy, and ?

hawkins- waskom, union hill, and beckville