Pine Tree ISD hires Bob Ledbetter's "Champion Search Firm."

Smoaky

Not necessarliy PT, but many school board members have their own agendas....I know this might be a shock to some people. Some could care less about athletics, some that is all they care about.

The politics will eventually take care of itself as the talent level increases at Pine Tree. Then the "politicians" will just be glad their child gets to dress out. There is some level of politics at most all High Schools. Whats that old saying? "the cream always rises to the top"

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of the assistant coaches will remain after the new guy comes in?

Some have already gotten jobs elsewhere. Some will stay I am sure, but many will move on. There are a lot of good coaches there, but you never know when a new guy comes in and cleans house. I can think of 3-4 that are taking other jobs that I have heard of.

Some have already gotten jobs elsewhere. Some will stay I am sure, but many will move on. There are a lot of good coaches there, but you never know when a new guy comes in and cleans house. I can think of 3-4 that are taking other jobs that I have heard of.

It's a little late in the year to "clean house". So I wouldn't be real worried about that. It seems to me like this process started very late, but I'm not the worlds fore most authority.

I think some of the people are leaving in case there is a house cleaning, but I agree, it is too late for a complete cleaning. Dominoes should start falling this week as far as names go. If interviews were Friday and Saturday, then there should be a 2nd round or something this week.

Guest Bear_Den
I think some of the people are leaving in case there is a house cleaning, but I agree, it is too late for a complete cleaning. Dominoes should start falling this week as far as names go. If interviews were Friday and Saturday, then there should be a 2nd round or something this week.

Pine Tree-TBA (Coaching Search should be finalized by May 11th)

Who are the finalists?

A pretty reliable source told me there was a meeting on Monday night, not sure if it was with the search committee or school board, but I'm sure the football coaching job was discussed at some level.

The search firm has given their recommendations to the committee, perhaps as many as three names, and now it's just a matter of time before announcing the finalist on May 11th.

Smoaky