Will America Ever Support a U.S President Ever Again?

bushlieg

I was just recalling the days in which America seemed like it had more of a unity. It seemed like we were in it with the same cause. WWII was a war that "all" for the most part agreed with. People loved FDR. It seemed like every one loved Reagan. Clinton got it bad, Bush got it worse. It looks like Obama's going to take it on the chin as well. Did backing your president end after Nixon? WHAT HAPPENED TO BACKING YOUR PRESIDENT? WHEN DID THAT END? WHERE DID AMERICA GO?

I was just recalling the days in which America seemed like it had more of a unity. It seemed like we were in it with the same cause. WWII was a war that "all" for the most part agreed with. People loved FDR. It seemed like every one loved Reagan. Clinton got it bad, Bush got it worse. It looks like Obama's going to take it on the chin as well. Did backing your president end after Nixon? WHAT HAPPENED TO BACKING YOUR PRESIDENT? WHEN DID THAT END? WHERE DID AMERICA GO?

That was before the media started trying to run the country. :thumbdown:

I've supported every President that has been elected in my lifetime, util BHO. I was going to give him a chance. BHO did not ease into the Office of the President. I don't like the changes that he is making, therefore I refuse to support him. He came in gung ho, and sometimes a rush to change things results in sloppiness. I don't think that he thought any of his changes through.

I never voted for Clinton, but I didn't jump on him until his second administration. Back in 1996, we didn't have websites to voice our displeasure. That's why you're hearing more of it. The people are speaking their minds. I like this better than going down to the General Store, the local pub, the town square, or the hotel lobby. However, I say the same things on this forum that I do in public.

Has America always supported every President ? Not in the least. Since President Washington there have always be detractors for each President. To say that America supported every President 100 % or even 80 % is a pipe dream.

I think the disillusionment in America and her leaders set its course during the Vietnam War. People realized that they had a voice and began to use it. Of course, the media provided the outlet with pictures and sound. Good or bad ~ truth, lies, or simply speculation ~ seems we've seen and heard it all.

Guest imyahuckleberry
November 22, 1963. The day the music died.

Just a notch ahead of "Peanut" and "let's hide the cigar".

Gee, if you had said that on the last President, goat boy, you might have a little credibility. Maybe you should wait until this one is run out of office. The next one is liable to have as much adverse press as the last one.

Obama will be disgraced, and the press corps will be *bleeep*!

Gee, if you had said that on the last President, goat boy, you might have a little credibility. Maybe you should wait until this one is run out of office. The next one is liable to have as much adverse press as the last one.

Obama will be disgraced, and the press corps will be *bleeep*!

Make sure you read the fine print, when you quote somebody. This isnt a Support Obama topic. Its a general thought. I even put Bush on there for you. Perhaps your response (speaking without thinking) is the majorities. I think that answers the entire question all together. I hope thats a credible response.

Sincerely,

Goat Boy

I've supported every President that has been elected in my lifetime, util BHO. I was going to give him a chance. BHO did not ease into the Office of the President. I don't like the changes that he is making, therefore I refuse to support him. He came in gung ho, and sometimes a rush to change things results in sloppiness. I don't think that he thought any of his changes through.

I never voted for Clinton, but I didn't jump on him until his second administration. Back in 1996, we didn't have websites to voice our displeasure. That's why you're hearing more of it. The people are speaking their minds. I like this better than going down to the General Store, the local pub, the town square, or the hotel lobby. However, I say the same things on this forum that I do in public.

Has America always supported every President ? Not in the least. Since President Washington there have always be detractors for each President. To say that America supported every President 100 % or even 80 % is a pipe dream.

So your telling me the approval of the US presidents have not been on the steady decline? I never heard anyone say anything bad about FDR. Ever. You can Google George W Bush, Bill Clinton, and Barak Obama and the first thing you will see is a negative response.

Make sure you read the fine print, when you quote somebody. This isnt a Support Obama topic. Its a general thought. I even put Bush on there for you. Perhaps your response (speaking without thinking) is the majorities. I think that answers the entire question all together. I hope thats a credible response.

Sincerely,

Goat Boy

non-Goat boy,

I apologize for calling you Goat boy. It's obvious that you aren't who I thought you were, you have made at least two posts in a row using appropriate capitalization and punctuation, and you haven't spelled anything in an intentionally cutsie way. But the first post of this topic would at least make the goat lover proud. And to think, you did it your first few posts on SDC!

I'm not a particular fan of George W. Bush. But I am always impressed when someone points out that we aren't acting like Americans when we berate the President, especially when the pattern has been consistent through at least the last six Presidents, the ones that have served since I have been paying attention.

So, lets call anyone who criticizes the Obama un-American. After all, if we'll just shut up, he might be able to nationalize the entire country. And that would be cool, huh?

Gummint jobs for everyone! Stamp out the evil corporations! "Che!", "Che!"

The pattern of demonization may very well extend all the way back to the first few Presidents. I can't seem to remember that far back. But I do know there was a vocal minority against FDR until coersion by the NRA (that's National Recovery Administration) and finally patriotism during war kept them quiet. After FDR died, a majority of Americans recognized the problem with a cult of personality, and passed the 22nd Amendment.

non-Goat boy,

I apologize for calling you Goat boy. It's obvious that you aren't who I thought you were, you have made at least two posts in a row using appropriate capitalization and punctuation, and you haven't spelled anything in an intentionally cutsie way. But the first post of this topic would at least make the goat lover proud. And to think, you did it your first few posts on SDC!

I'm not a particular fan of George W. Bush. But I am always impressed when someone points out that we aren't acting like Americans when we berate the President, especially when the pattern has been consistent through at least the last six Presidents, the ones that have served since I have been paying attention.

So, lets call anyone who criticizes the Obama un-American. After all, if we'll just shut up, he might be able to nationalize the entire country. And that would be cool, huh?

Gummint jobs for everyone! Stamp out the evil corporations! "Che!", "Che!"

The pattern of demonization may very well extend all the way back to the first few Presidents. I can't seem to remember that far back. But I do know there was a vocal minority against FDR until coersion by the NRA (that's National Recovery Administration) and finally patriotism during war kept them quiet. After FDR died, a majority of Americans recognized the problem with a cult of personality, and passed the 22nd Amendment.

So basically, I wouldnt have been right either way. I hope when I become a salty vet I will say something that makes a little sense. You know your stuff applebutter, I'll give you that. Your a sure Hall of Famer. Silly me for starting a thread no one would want to comment on. Rookie mistake.

So basically, I wouldnt have been right either way. I hope when I become a salty vet I will say something that makes a little sense. You know your stuff applebutter, I'll give you that. Your a sure Hall of Famer. Silly me for starting a thread no one would want to comment on. Rookie mistake.

Thats the good rookie.

Bless his heart.

On second thought:

The answer to your question is yes. America will support another US President. With the conditions of one of the following two cases.

Case 1

1) It's a Democrat.

2) We're at war.

3) The war is not of our choosing, and not caused by his (or her) reckless disregard for security.

Or

Case 2

1) It's a Republican.

2) The country is recovering from the effects of a Carteresque president, complete with malaise and the giving away of US interests.

Case 2 could happen sooner than you think. The press will go along with the first case, but not the second.

So your telling me the approval of the US presidents have not been on the steady decline? I never heard anyone say anything bad about FDR. Ever. You can Google George W Bush, Bill Clinton, and Barak Obama and the first thing you will see is a negative response.

You must not have been around in the 70's and 80's. FDR was the worst President that this country has ever had. Who do you think has placed us in this conundrum of bad economic policies ? It wasn't any Republican. It was the socialization of America that was started by FDR. The Democratic Party has only desired to take those policies and build a stronger Federal Government.

As many have stated, it's our information age. I tried to point out the places that people used to discuss politics. The medium has changed. Now you will hear every viewpoint from various people. I don't think that's wrong. I think it's a positive movement for people to be heard.

I would rather that people read books, than simply Google for information, especially when it comes to history. You will find books that support various historical figures. You will also find books that give a different slant on each individual that you research.

If you haven't heard about any opposition to FDR, you are sadly mistaken. http://david-sullivan.blogspot.com/2007/09...d-new-deal.html

It was a joke Delap lol, I only knew because of an obscure reference one of my government professors made in a lecture one time about it lol

Jackass...:whome:

Who'd you have for Government? (I can think of a few teachers in my college career that knew obscure/interesting things like that).

Guest imyahuckleberry
"Peanut"?

Jimmy Carter and his family were like the "Clampetts" of the show "The Beverly Hillbilly's".

I think there's hope for him being replaced as the worst president of all time now that "Keep the Change" is in office.