A Perfect Finish........

catchdeball

It is hard to imagine, but Carlisle did it.... Play 22 games 8 non-district games and 14 district games and finish regular season 22-0.... They have been ranked number one in the state for a number of weeks now, and with that finish it will last throughout the playoffs....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who Cares???? IT's 1A and most of your Henderson move - ins would be good courtesy runners in 4A.

you haven't ever seen them play, i guess. they might beat the henderson team! LOL! you can stick that 4a c=r=a=p in your ear. baseball is baseball, when it's played at a high level and with excellence and heart. don't get on hear and run your mouth about someone's accomplishments, when you have, obviously, never been a part of something special.

you haven't ever seen them play, i guess. they might beat the henderson team! LOL! you can stick that 4a c=r=a=p in your ear. baseball is baseball, when it's played at a high level and with excellence and heart. don't get on hear and run your mouth about someone's accomplishments, when you have, obviously, never been a part of something special.

Just one question. Do you call playing at Carlisle something special? Why did most of the team leave a big school to play at a small school? Playing time? Bench time? Just not something to brag about. HBBA satelite club.

Just one question. Do you call playing at Carlisle something special? Why did most of the team leave a big school to play at a small school? Playing time? Bench time? Just not something to brag about. HBBA satelite club.

let's be up front, i live in overton and my son plays there. the two teams are rivals. i know of a child that left carlisle this year and went to whitehouse. he played ball both places and he says there's not a lot of difference. just in 4a there are more people that can play, not that the level is completely different. and yes, anyone that has gone through a season undefeated has been a part of something special. but like i said before, you obviously never have!!!!!!!!

That's right Ty. Quality is quality. The only difference between good baseball at Henderson is there are a lot more Hallwalkers that talk #### about what they could do. Everyone DOES at a small school. Sure there are super star multisport athletes that come from Huge schools and dominate, but almost every kid in a small school is a multisport athlete. I played big town baseball and small town baseball. I choose to have my kids at a small school. Less BS and politics.

let's be up front, i live in overton and my son plays there. the two teams are rivals. i know of a child that left carlisle this year and went to whitehouse. he played ball both places and he says there's not a lot of difference. just in 4a there are more people that can play, not that the level is completely different. and yes, anyone that has gone through a season undefeated has been a part of something special. but like i said before, you obviously never have!!!!!!!!

So...Are you saying that the level of play is the same at a 1A and at a 4A? If so, I would have to disagree. I promise you any 1A team would get blown out by a 4A team with the caliber of athletes like Texas High. The level of play is way higher in 4A than 1A. Some 1A players could play in a 4A, it's just a 4A team has a talented player at just about every position on the field. IMO...Also congrats to Carlisle and good luck.

So...Are you saying that the level of play is the same at a 1A and at a 4A? If so, I would have to disagree. I promise you any 1A team would get blown out by a 4A team with the caliber of athletes like Texas High. The level of play is way higher in 4A than 1A. Some 1A players could play in a 4A, it's just a 4A team has a talented player at just about every position on the field. IMO...Also congrats to Carlisle and good luck.

This years 1A State champion in my opinion could beat alot of middle of the road 4A teams. They wouldnt be able to beat the elite teams in 4A but they could hang with alot of non playoff teams. It only takes nine and whos to say a good 1A team doesnt have nine that are top notch players. A 1A team with a couple quality pitchers could defenitely compete with your big 4Ateams.

Who Cares???? IT's 1A and most of your Henderson move - ins would be good courtesy runners in 4A.

I have seen both teams play three times this year. I have no children in school, so my opinion is totally without bias. Carlisle is the best coached team I have seen in my five years in Texas. While Henderson may be the bigger school, I think Carlisle would beat them 9 out of ten times if they played. Position by position, they are a stronger team. IMOP

Thanks for the support on that post Ty. Your right, obviously he has never came to a game. I am proud the guys finished undefeated, it is an accomplishment at any level. Hopefully we will ride that through the playoffs and to a state championship title. By the way how did the rest of our district finish up? Just curious

Thanks for the support on that post Ty. Your right, obviously he has never came to a game. I am proud the guys finished undefeated, it is an accomplishment at any level. Hopefully we will ride that through the playoffs and to a state championship title. By the way how did the rest of our district finish up? Just curious

whether it's 1A-5A the bottom line is Carlisle went 22-0..CONGRATULATIONS...you play the schedule and hope for the best. Our SH Panthers are 22-1 in 3A, and there are 4 teams I know of in AAA with one loss. No#1 Cuero lost to the #1 team in AA, and our Panthers lost to 3-mile-down-the-road rival White Oak so just becuase it's lower classification if you can pitch, you can pitch and win. Pitching is pitching, the only difference between big schools and small schools is the "pool" from which to pull from. Yes, majority of A schools couldn't compete with larger schools-they have maybe 1 way-above average pitcher per team and it drops from their. Carlisle, from what I understand has 2-3 above average high school pitchers and solid defense.....so quit comparing teams. It's like comparing the Florida Gators to Pittsburgh Steelers....different divisions. WAY TO GO CARLISLE

Sportsfan 247 obviously doesn't think about what he writes before he writes it - a sign of immaturity. I don't care if it's

a T-ball team all the way up to the pros, if a team is undefeated, it should be respected and celebrated!! Way to go Carlisle! You kids will talk about this for the rest of your lives! Don't let jealous people put a damper on your fun!

Hey Wes, Rocky and all, Congratulations: I can't say it enough! Your team deserves this!

You guys are in the right place at the right time. And Carlisle is simply the benefactor of great timing. I believe a higher power put you guys there, and I am proud of the Indians!!!

Our home is very proud of you, and hope you make it to Austin!

Keep fighting and we will see you at your play offs.

overton took second and beckville beat hawkins out friday night for third.

Henderson has alot to be proud of this year. The Lions are in and looking strong, the Indians with Coach Colley and Coach Baker both being from Henderson are rolling and Beckville head coach Bridges, also a ex-Henderson Standout has Beckville playing well, Coach Mansinger at Mount Enterprise is also rolling. Coach Tamplin has to be proud! Good luck to everyone!

Hey Wes, Rocky and all, Congratulations: I can't say it enough! Your team deserves this!

You guys are in the right place at the right time. And Carlisle is simply the benefactor of great timing. I believe a higher power put you guys there, and I am proud of the Indians!!!

Our home is very proud of you, and hope you make it to Austin!

Keep fighting and we will see you at your play offs.

:thumbsup:

Hey Silerman, Thanks a bunch, I haven't seen you in a while. Its good to hear that your still around. Thanks for your kind words and tell Nikolye Hello for me.

PS. Can I borrow yo cell phone?

Wesley