A Perfect Finish........

catchdeball

Overton plays Arp this weekend. Maybe Carlisle and Harleton can hook up!

Sure hope so, sitting idle would not be good at all. Harleton has one more district game Thursday, weather permitting. I have heard some people saying they would like to see Harleton play Spring Hill or Carlilse, hopefully J.L will be able to get something scheduled...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure hope so, sitting idle would not be good at all. Harleton has one more district game Thursday, weather permitting. I have heard some people saying they would like to see Harleton play Spring Hill or Carlilse, hopefully J.L will be able to get something scheduled...

i'm ready to see some more ball. let's get them a game some where! anyone heard anything about a game yet?

Carlisle will get a bye during the Bi-District week (week of May 4th) and in the area round the week after, will face the winner of Bowie and either North Hopkins and Wolf city.

have you heard anything about those teams? pitchers or such?

It doesn't matter what sport you play or what team you play for ... going undefeated is a hard thing to accomplish. That is especially true when you consider you have to play more than 20 games.

The fact that you have to come prepared to play every game (especially at the high school level) and be focused on that opponent and not over-looking anyone goes back to the coaching.

The players - no matter how they got to the school - have to be there everyday and work and practice and play, no matter who the opponent is.

To Carlisle ... congratulations on a wonderful regular-season feat. No do the same in the playoffs.

To all the bashers of their record ... back off because most-likely you've never been undefeated in any sport and wont be and are jealous of what they've done.

It doesn't matter what sport you play or what team you play for ... going undefeated is a hard thing to accomplish. That is especially true when you consider you have to play more than 20 games.

The fact that you have to come prepared to play every game (especially at the high school level) and be focused on that opponent and not over-looking anyone goes back to the coaching.

The players - no matter how they got to the school - have to be there everyday and work and practice and play, no matter who the opponent is.

To Carlisle ... congratulations on a wonderful regular-season feat. No do the same in the playoffs.

To all the bashers of their record ... back off because most-likely you've never been undefeated in any sport and wont be and are jealous of what they've done.

:notworthy: :notworthy: COULDN'T BE MORE CORRECT! :happy65: :happy65: :happy65:

If I am right the kid that went to whitehouse doesnt even play varsity ball. He was a two year starter for carlisle. Not taking anything away but there is a difference.

what he does in whitehouse is a whole other story. if you want my thoughts, whitehouse is insanely political school. so don't think there is a great difference because of that. other kid play in small schools and leave to play in big schools. then their are kids in big schools that leave to play in small schools. big school just have a larger poll to choose from and therefore a more consistant talent level. that doesn't mean 1a teams can't play with 3a. overton beat harmony this year, yet they're both in the playoffs. carlisle's two pitchers are as good and better than alot of the 3a and 4a kids i have seen this year. and might i add, my kids don't go to carlisle.

what he does in whitehouse is a whole other story. if you want my thoughts, whitehouse is insanely political school. so don't think there is a great difference because of that. other kid play in small schools and leave to play in big schools. then their are kids in big schools that leave to play in small schools. big school just have a larger poll to choose from and therefore a more consistant talent level. that doesn't mean 1a teams can't play with 3a. overton beat harmony this year, yet they're both in the playoffs. carlisle's two pitchers are as good and better than alot of the 3a and 4a kids i have seen this year. and might i add, my kids don't go to carlisle.

so you're kids must go to Whitehouse since you seem to know that it's "insanely political" there?

so you're kids must go to Whitehouse since you seem to know that it's "insanely political" there?

no, as a matter of fact, they don't. they don't have to for me to watch the games and practices and come to a opinion. jmo!

I have seen both teams play three times this year. I have no children in school, so my opinion is totally without bias. Carlisle is the best coached team I have seen in my five years in Texas. While Henderson may be the bigger school, I think Carlisle would beat them 9 out of ten times if they played. Position by position, they are a stronger team. IMOP

Okay thats pushing it. Seriously, Carlisle does have great baseball coaches and a few good players. But they couldnt beat Henderson. Especially 9 out of 10 times. Its nice to dream but not that much. Its one thing to back your school up but saying things like that makes you look ignorant. Carlisles pitchers are pretty good but they might make the fourth spot on the starting rotation on Hendersons varsity. There is a big difference between Henderson's number one and Carlisles number one. Thats junior college vs. D1. Congrats to Carlisle on their season but 9 out of 10 times, seriously dude, seriously.

Carlisle will get a bye during the Bi-District week (week of May 4th) and in the area round the week after, will face the winner of Bowie and either North Hopkins and Wolf city.

I think it will be North Hopkins or Cumby, Wolf Citys got that district wrapped up i believe

I am from henderson. I am proud of what they have accomplished this year. I also think that it is totally absurd for someone to come on here and say that Carlisle would beat henderson 9 of 10 times. That is something that will not , and should not ever even come up in conversation. Because, they will not, and should not ever play. Come on man, 4A vs 1A. Wow, not much of an argument there.....

I am from henderson. I am proud of what they have accomplished this year. I also think that it is totally absurd for someone to come on here and say that Carlisle would beat henderson 9 of 10 times. That is something that will not , and should not ever even come up in conversation. Because, they will not, and should not ever play. Come on man, 4A vs 1A. Wow, not much of an argument there.....

Well, this can be solved very easily. Both teams will need a warmup game before play resumes.....Play ball and shut up.

Well that will be a win-win for Carlisle because if they beat Henderson then the rankings are right and maybe even they should be ranked higher. If they lose to Henderson, well then they were suppose to..... 4A-1A thing. And in the same light, it would be a lose-lose situation for Henderson because if they win, then they should have. It is a 1A team they beat, and if they lose... oh gosh all mighty, then what ........ My previous post points out that this should not and would not even be up for discussion. Neither Coach Colley or Coach Simmons would even entertain such a stupid idea..... Let the divisions play within themselves ( thus the phrase---division ) and good luck to both in their respective divisions, and throughout the playoffs...

It is hard to imagine, but Carlisle did it.... Play 22 games 8 non-district games and 14 district games and finish regular season 22-0.... They have been ranked number one in the state for a number of weeks now, and with that finish it will last throughout the playoffs....

FANTASTIC!!!!

I dont know where some of the comments are coming from on this thread. It amazes and sadens me the lack of baseball knowledge and sensitivity that some people have.

Knowing that in baseball on any given night one team can beat another team...an undefeated season in baseball is GREAT at any level, any time. Congratulations to the Carlisle players, coaches and parents.

PS ~ You know Coach Baker was a very sucessful youth coach, acheiving State Championships and World Series trips, who wanted to get a teaching degree and make coaching his vocation. My point here is that I bet all of these Carlisle players had good fundamentals coaching in their respective youth leagues to help acheive this undefeated dream and that the only difference (other than experience) in Coach Rocky Baker now and when he coached earlier is, a sheep skin. There were likely many youth coaches and parents that are to be attributed a share of this teams success.

Keep your magnificant season going through the playoffs Indians. You are to be highly commended for your PERFECT SEASON.

Well that will be a win-win for Carlisle because if they beat Henderson then the rankings are right and maybe even they should be ranked higher. If they lose to Henderson, well then they were suppose to..... 4A-1A thing. And in the same light, it would be a lose-lose situation for Henderson because if they win, then they should have. It is a 1A team they beat, and if they lose... oh gosh all mighty, then what ........ My previous post points out that this should not and would not even be up for discussion. Neither Coach Colley or Coach Simmons would even entertain such a stupid idea..... Let the divisions play within themselves ( thus the phrase---division ) and good luck to both in their respective divisions, and throughout the playoffs...

I totally agree, but let's be honest, the only way to "prove" these opinions would be on the field. I think Henderson would be crazy to play a 1A team and because of the history of the Carlisle coaches and a few of the players in Henderson I don't think they'd want to do it either. I do believe that baseball gives the best chance for an upset, just because of the nature of the game. But game in and game out.....the higher classification will win and should.

I totally agree, but let's be honest, the only way to "prove" these opinions would be on the field. I think Henderson would be crazy to play a 1A team and because of the history of the Carlisle coaches and a few of the players in Henderson I don't think they'd want to do it either. I do believe that baseball gives the best chance for an upset, just because of the nature of the game. But game in and game out.....the higher classification will win and should.

The notion that the higher class team " will win and should win" is absurd. In this case I have watched the players from both teams play not only high school,but also select. Position by position, Carlisle has the stronger team. To assume because a school is bigger, that it will be better is absurd. There are a few 1-A pitchers around (Coleman from Carlisle, and Thompson from Cayuga) who would be the number one at most larger schools. If it comforts you to think of this simply by school size, go ahead, but it is a misguided assumption. B-NUT

The notion that the higher class team " will win and should win" is absurd. In this case I have watched the players from both teams play not only high school,but also select. Position by position, Carlisle has the stronger team. To assume because a school is bigger, that it will be better is absurd. There are a few 1-A pitchers around (Coleman from Carlisle, and Thompson from Cayuga) who would be the number one at most larger schools. If it comforts you to think of this simply by school size, go ahead, but it is a misguided assumption. B-NUT

So, position by position, you think Carlisle is better?

Pitcher: you honestly think Cannon Coleman (80-83 with a mediocre curve-D3 juco that consistently gets murdered by TJC) is better than Tyrell Jenkins (92+ on the gun with, according to MLB scouts, 3 "plus" pro pitches)? Or that Josh Simmons (freshman team as a soph at Henderson) is better than Eric Grace (85-86 and is undefeated on the year) or Weldon Davis (also a Panola signee), or that Cullen Stokes is better than Kobie Lee (0.88 ERA)

Catcher: Dillon Heim, Carlisle and Parker Hale, Henderson? Hale is hitting .467 in district at the 4A level, plus these two are cousins and I'm sure dillon knows he's not better

1st Base: Ben Wherry, Carlisle and Eric Grace, Henderson: Yes, Wherry can hit homeruns on a 275 foot field at Carlisle, wow! But Grace hits 400 foot shots, hits above .300, and can move

2nd Base: Clay Skelton, Carlisle and Cramer Hurt, Henderson: no contest, Hurt

Shortstop: Cannon and Matt Free, Henderson: Free hit .488 at the 4A level, enough said, yes, Coleman hits .600 against 1A pitching and yes Gunnar Thompson from Cayuga is good, but thats it

3rd Base: Cullen Stokes, Carlisle and Dustin Thomas, Henderson: dustin is the best defensive player the Lions have and Stokes didnt even make the team at Henderson

Outfield: All of the Lions outfielders (Blake Chambless, Jenkins, and Josh Francis) are hitting well above .300 against real pitching, and Chambless is among the tops in ET and tied for the team lead in HR with 3 while Jenkins is a true 5 tool player and could be the best all-around in ET tied for the team lead in HR and RBI with Jim Gossett and Blake Chambless

DH: Jim Gossett leads the Lions in BA and is tied for HR and RBI..i dont even know who DH's for Carlisle so idk, doubt he's better

So if anyone thinks Carlisle can really play with Henderson, suit them up one weekend and I'm sure Sonny would love to have them come play the Lions on a real field, rather than Carlisle's little league park. Not taking anything at all away from their undefeated season and they have great kids and coaches but they cannot hang with Henderson. BaseballNut, you aint got a clue man.

So, position by position, you think Carlisle is better?

Pitcher: you honestly think Cannon Coleman (80-83 with a mediocre curve-D3 juco that consistently gets murdered by TJC) is better than Tyrell Jenkins (92+ on the gun with, according to MLB scouts, 3 "plus" pro pitches)? Or that Josh Simmons (freshman team as a soph at Henderson) is better than Eric Grace (85-86 and is undefeated on the year) or Weldon Davis (also a Panola signee), or that Cullen Stokes is better than Kobie Lee (0.88 ERA)

Catcher: Dillon Heim, Carlisle and Parker Hale, Henderson? Hale is hitting .467 in district at the 4A level, plus these two are cousins and I'm sure dillon knows he's not better

1st Base: Ben Wherry, Carlisle and Eric Grace, Henderson: Yes, Wherry can hit homeruns on a 275 foot field at Carlisle, wow! But Grace hits 400 foot shots, hits above .300, and can move

2nd Base: Clay Skelton, Carlisle and Cramer Hurt, Henderson: no contest, Hurt

Shortstop: Cannon and Matt Free, Henderson: Free hit .488 at the 4A level, enough said, yes, Coleman hits .600 against 1A pitching and yes Gunnar Thompson from Cayuga is good, but thats it

3rd Base: Cullen Stokes, Carlisle and Dustin Thomas, Henderson: dustin is the best defensive player the Lions have and Stokes didnt even make the team at Henderson

Outfield: All of the Lions outfielders are hitting well above .300 against real pitching, and Blake Chambless is among the tops in ET

DH: Jim Gossett is leading the Lions in BA, HR, and RBI..i dont even know who DH's for Carlisle so idk, doubt he's better

So if anyone thinks Carlisle can really play with Henderson, suit them up one weekend and I'm sure Sonny would love to have them come play the Lions on a real field, rather than Carlisle's little league park. Not taking anything at all away from their undefeated season and they have great kids and coaches but they cannot hang with Henderson. BaseballNut, you aint got a clue man.

thats pretty bad downing Carlisle players and putting your henderson players up to levels like they are the best around. I'm pretty sure Carlisle will be going pretty far in the 1A playoffs, not sure I can say the same for Henderson in 4A. Have you even been to a Carlisle game this yr or are you just looking at stats in the paper? you've got no class in my book

thats pretty bad downing Carlisle players and putting your henderson players up to levels like they are the best around. I'm pretty sure Carlisle will be going pretty far in the 1A playoffs, not sure I can say the same for Henderson. Have you even been to a Carlisle game this yr or are you just looking at stats in the paper? you've got no class in my book

yes, I watched them play Overton both times. Have you seen Henderson? And no, they aren't the best around, just better imo then Carlisle. BaseballNut, other than Cannon and Josh, who plays select? Nothing I said bashed Carlisle, I based it on FACT.

yes, I watched them play Overton both times. Have you seen Henderson? And no, they aren't the best around, just better imo then Carlisle. BaseballNut, other than Cannon and Josh, who plays select? Nothing I said bashed Carlisle, I based it on FACT.

Well everybody has their opinions and I think Carlisle is the best 1A team in the state.

Actually there are many that dispute that (Carlisle being the best 1A team in the state)!! The same team that eliminated Carlisle last year will be a major hurdle this year. The Cards are much improved from last year and it seems that the Indains have also. Should be a great series, much like it was last year!!

All Carlisle has to worry about is beating anyone in Class A ... not 4A.

So this higher classification stuff needs to end. There is no chance Henderson and Carlisle will play. There is no need to.

Henderson needs to focus on beating Class 4A teams. Carlisle needs to focus on beating Class A teams, which they've already done quite a bit of.