A Perfect Finish........

catchdeball

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my vote goes to carlisle for best 1a team in the state...solid pitching, solid hitting, solid defense and good coaching

Not bad for a team that plays in a cow pasture, seriously them field they play on has 4th and 5th graders play on it. So the homeruns that carlisle hits dont look as good as the ones that henderson sends over the tall wall on their 300+ field.

Not bad for a team that plays in a cow pasture, seriously them field they play on has 4th and 5th graders play on it. So the homeruns that carlisle hits dont look as good as the ones that henderson sends over the tall wall on their 300+ field.

And I cant type, "them" should be "the"

Like Skip Bertman used to say it is not always the 9 best that win games but the best 9 that win games. Both coaches are doing a great job but comparing position by position does not mean you have the best team. It is the team that plays together that will win the big games!

Just curious I read were kids from Henderson now play for Carlisle. How many transfered amd are new to the team.

Josh Simmons-Sr.

Dillon Heim-Jr.

Cullen Stokes- Sr.

It sounds like a bunch but it has been very few and for different reasons.

yes, I watched them play Overton both times. Have you seen Henderson? And no, they aren't the best around, just better imo then Carlisle. BaseballNut, other than Cannon and Josh, who plays select? Nothing I said bashed Carlisle, I based it on FACT.

With all due respect to your opinion, I will cast my lot with baseballnut. He is one of the best evaluators of talent that I have ever met. He is now retired, but used to make a living at it on a very high level. He may get mad at me for tooting his horn for him, but it is the truth. Carlisle is the best coached team in the area, bar none. I am in Paris and have no dog in this fight, but I would take Carlisle over Henderson in a 3 game series. The comparison made between the pitchers is not accurate, and I will just leave it at that. Not putting down anyone, just stating fact.

Josh Simmons-Sr.

Dillon Heim-Jr.

Cullen Stokes- Sr.

It sounds like a bunch but it has been very few and for different reasons.

DON'T FORGET WHERRY AND SKELTON. WHERRY HAS BEEN THERE A WHILE, BUT HE DID COME FROM HENDERSON. AND SKELTON'S DAD IS A COACH THERE, BUT HE IS FROM HENDERSON. GOOD LUCK IN THE PLAYOFFS! WE'LL BE CHEERING YOU GUYS ON.

With all due respect to your opinion, I will cast my lot with baseballnut. He is one of the best evaluators of talent that I have ever met. He is now retired, but used to make a living at it on a very high level. He may get mad at me for tooting his horn for him, but it is the truth. Carlisle is the best coached team in the area, bar none. I am in Paris and have no dog in this fight, but I would take Carlisle over Henderson in a 3 game series. The comparison made between the pitchers is not accurate, and I will just leave it at that. Not putting down anyone, just stating fact.

well it is a good thing that he is retired now b/c his high opinion of Carlisle compared to Henderson players is crazy. This entire team comparision is crazy. Carlisle is a great 1A team and Henderson is a great 4A team and the 2 shall never meet b/c there is no need for it. Just give them both props and play ball...when the ban is lifted that is.

So, position by position, you think Carlisle is better?

Pitcher: you honestly think Cannon Coleman (80-83 with a mediocre curve-D3 juco that consistently gets murdered by TJC) is better than Tyrell Jenkins (92+ on the gun with, according to MLB scouts, 3 "plus" pro pitches)? Or that Josh Simmons (freshman team as a soph at Henderson) is better than Eric Grace (85-86 and is undefeated on the year) or Weldon Davis (also a Panola signee), or that Cullen Stokes is better than Kobie Lee (0.88 ERA)

Catcher: Dillon Heim, Carlisle and Parker Hale, Henderson? Hale is hitting .467 in district at the 4A level, plus these two are cousins and I'm sure dillon knows he's not better

1st Base: Ben Wherry, Carlisle and Eric Grace, Henderson: Yes, Wherry can hit homeruns on a 275 foot field at Carlisle, wow! But Grace hits 400 foot shots, hits above .300, and can move

2nd Base: Clay Skelton, Carlisle and Cramer Hurt, Henderson: no contest, Hurt

Shortstop: Cannon and Matt Free, Henderson: Free hit .488 at the 4A level, enough said, yes, Coleman hits .600 against 1A pitching and yes Gunnar Thompson from Cayuga is good, but thats it

3rd Base: Cullen Stokes, Carlisle and Dustin Thomas, Henderson: dustin is the best defensive player the Lions have and Stokes didnt even make the team at Henderson

Outfield: All of the Lions outfielders (Blake Chambless, Jenkins, and Josh Francis) are hitting well above .300 against real pitching, and Chambless is among the tops in ET and tied for the team lead in HR with 3 while Jenkins is a true 5 tool player and could be the best all-around in ET tied for the team lead in HR and RBI with Jim Gossett and Blake Chambless

DH: Jim Gossett leads the Lions in BA and is tied for HR and RBI..i dont even know who DH's for Carlisle so idk, doubt he's better

So if anyone thinks Carlisle can really play with Henderson, suit them up one weekend and I'm sure Sonny would love to have them come play the Lions on a real field, rather than Carlisle's little league park. Not taking anything at all away from their undefeated season and they have great kids and coaches but they cannot hang with Henderson. BaseballNut, you aint got a clue man.

#1 CARLISLE'S LITTLE LEAGUE PARK, AS YOU PUT IT, IS 300+ IN ALL DIRECTIONS. AND THE SIGN THERE, WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL, SAID 332 IN CENTER. I DON'T KNOW HENDERSON'S FIELD LENGTHS AND DON'T CARE. YOU PUT CARLISLE DOWN AND YOU DO NEED TO GROW UP! NO ONE ON HERE IS FROM CARLISLE AND WE AREN'T TRYING TO PUT HENDERSON DOWN. THOSE ARE OUTSIDE OPINIONS. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM, TAKE IT UP WITH THEM. DON'T DOWN OUR KIDS! PERSONALLY, I FIND YOUR ARROGANCE, ABOUT 1A PITCHING, INSULTING. IS 4A BETTER, SURE. BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THE PITCHING CARLISLE FACED THIS YEAR WAS NOTHING. WE HAD A GOOD DISTRICT, WITH SOME GOOD PITCHING. NOW, WE DID HAVE A FEW TEAMS IN OUR DISTRICT THAT DIDN'T HAVE GREAT PITCHING, BUT IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BASEBALL, FACING 85 ONE DAY AND 70 THE NEXT WILL TEST A HITTERS PATIENCE. YOU NEED TO RESPECT THE GAME AT ALL LEVELS. IF IT IS PLAYED WELL, IT IS PLAYED WELL!!

Okay thats pushing it. Seriously, Carlisle does have great baseball coaches and a few good players. But they couldnt beat Henderson. Especially 9 out of 10 times. Its nice to dream but not that much. Its one thing to back your school up but saying things like that makes you look ignorant. Carlisles pitchers are pretty good but they might make the fourth spot on the starting rotation on Hendersons varsity. There is a big difference between Henderson's number one and Carlisles number one. Thats junior college vs. D1. Congrats to Carlisle on their season but 9 out of 10 times, seriously dude, seriously.

If you think the two starters at Carlisle would only make fourth rotation at Henderson you dont know Baseball. Simmons played and pitched summer ball for a team in Houston and Coleman pitched for a team out of Tyler for 2 years and throw severial no hitters. So you better rethink what you are saying. If you think it is junior collage vs D1 you better rethink!!

So, position by position, you think Carlisle is better?

Pitcher: you honestly think Cannon Coleman (80-83 with a mediocre curve-D3 juco that consistently gets murdered by TJC) is better than Tyrell Jenkins (92+ on the gun with, according to MLB scouts, 3 "plus" pro pitches)? Or that Josh Simmons (freshman team as a soph at Henderson) is better than Eric Grace (85-86 and is undefeated on the year) or Weldon Davis (also a Panola signee), or that Cullen Stokes is better than Kobie Lee (0.88 ERA)

Catcher: Dillon Heim, Carlisle and Parker Hale, Henderson? Hale is hitting .467 in district at the 4A level, plus these two are cousins and I'm sure dillon knows he's not better

1st Base: Ben Wherry, Carlisle and Eric Grace, Henderson: Yes, Wherry can hit homeruns on a 275 foot field at Carlisle, wow! But Grace hits 400 foot shots, hits above .300, and can move

2nd Base: Clay Skelton, Carlisle and Cramer Hurt, Henderson: no contest, Hurt

Shortstop: Cannon and Matt Free, Henderson: Free hit .488 at the 4A level, enough said, yes, Coleman hits .600 against 1A pitching and yes Gunnar Thompson from Cayuga is good, but thats it

3rd Base: Cullen Stokes, Carlisle and Dustin Thomas, Henderson: dustin is the best defensive player the Lions have and Stokes didnt even make the team at Henderson

Outfield: All of the Lions outfielders (Blake Chambless, Jenkins, and Josh Francis) are hitting well above .300 against real pitching, and Chambless is among the tops in ET and tied for the team lead in HR with 3 while Jenkins is a true 5 tool player and could be the best all-around in ET tied for the team lead in HR and RBI with Jim Gossett and Blake Chambless

DH: Jim Gossett leads the Lions in BA and is tied for HR and RBI..i dont even know who DH's for Carlisle so idk, doubt he's better

So if anyone thinks Carlisle can really play with Henderson, suit them up one weekend and I'm sure Sonny would love to have them come play the Lions on a real field, rather than Carlisle's little league park. Not taking anything at all away from their undefeated season and they have great kids and coaches but they cannot hang with Henderson. BaseballNut, you aint got a clue man.

( Do Tha Dew 99 ) Need to check your stats before you start compareing players. Coleman last 2 games

by the gun 88-90 fast ball. And i would like to see you stand in the box against his Mediocre- curve.

( Do Tha Dew 99 ) Need to check your stats before you start compareing players. Coleman last 2 games

by the gun 88-90 fast ball. And i would like to see you stand in the box against his Mediocre- curve.

Watch out shoeless joe. Dem Henderson people dont play dat. i definitely agree with the statement that was made about the best 9 team members versus the best 9 individual stats. That is a definite fact jack.thumbsup.gif

Watch out shoeless joe. Dem Henderson people dont play dat. i definitely agree with the statement that was made about the best 9 team members versus the best 9 individual stats. That is a definite fact jack.thumbsup.gif

? R U SPEAKN ENGLISH.

Easy on the 88-90 mph fastball stuff. No doubt Coleman is a good pitcher and has good stuff, but there is no way he throws 88-90, it is more like 82-84 and occasionally 85-86. If you have a gun that has him at that I sure would like to use it to make me feel better. I don't want anybody to think I am bashing him because I really like the young man and I think he plays the game the right way. Good luck to Carlisle the rest of the way and the undefeated regular season is 1 heck of an accomplishment. Congrats.

The only way it is a perfect finish is if you win the state championship undefeated....that WILL NOT happen for Carlisle Indians..they are not that good and haven't played anyone yet...cupcake schedule!

And just who do you represent ? just curious. and I think the perfect finish they are talking about is the regular season

And just who do you represent ? just curious. and I think the perfect finish they are talking about is the regular season

SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE GAME!! IT'S BASEBALL, A PERFECT REGULAR SEASON. ARE YOU HAPPY LOGANSPORT?

Its funny when Carlisle was at the bottom of the list in district and couldnt win a game in anything it was just fine. Now that they are stilling some of the lime light some people in the district and area cant stand it. Grow up and give credit where credit is due.

Its funny when Carlisle was at the bottom of the list in district and couldnt win a game in anything it was just fine. Now that they are stilling some of the lime light some people in the district and area cant stand it. Grow up and give credit where credit is due.

STILLING..??????????...I don't think you got a credit for spelling or grammar in school..the word is STEALING!!!!!!!!

I spent 12 years as the varsity asst. baseball coach at Tyler Lee. Not the JV coach. I know a little baseball. I also know talent. We had 4 baseball coaches @ Tyler Lee. I know I am known on here for basketball. Which is my primary calling in coaching. I have a point to make. :coolball:

With this said.

In regards to district 20 1-A. Carlisle did finish undefeated (that is hard to do in anything) and could have made the play-offs in several larger districts as well or maybe won them. Overton as well.

I never imaged how good of baseball was played in 1-A and 2-A (saw some teams).

From Carlisle, Overton, Hawkins, Beckville, Waskom and Union Hill. Some of the players for the various teams could make many 5-A and below programs in the state. They could be there best players, on some teams. I believe that several will be playing in college in the years to come.

So what if they moved from larger schools, if they did. 5-A's get players from smaller schools all the time. I know of one of Lee's best coming from Frankston. 6'5" 230 basketball player. As long as it legal, it is all good. For all classications.

If you want to rip me for this please leave your real name, when you reply. You have my name.

Coach Tobin L. Reid

The only limelight they are stealing is the Henderson Daily News...you would think it was the Carlisle Hearld as much as Carlisle is reported on in it. Not saying that they don't have things worthy of reporting about but come on...it is the Henderson Daily News...you would think that the main stories would be about Henderson High School sports...not only HHS but priority. I guess it needs to be called the Rusk County Daily News...and yes there is plenty to report about HHS sports.