A.D./Head Football Salaries

SmithCounty

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I's be gettin paid. In twenty years I might hit 50 thousand. Heavy on the might.

Seriously though, I think you would have to look at some of the more successful AD's at higher level schools. You would also have to take into consideration school vehicles and travel allowances. Is anyone staying in a school house like at Bowie?

It's everyone's business, the taxpayers pay their salary.

You're absolutely correct. It's public information and any citizen has the right to go to any public school they want and request to see a superintendent's contract, the school's budget, teacher salaries, etc.

My best guess would be Mike Owens at REL and Dereck Rush at JT, and probably Coach King at Longview.

Last I remember Owens and Rush make around $90K/year. A nice chunk of change.

Public Information Act. Anyone can request what the pay is of a school employee. I would just rather find out by way of the Smoaky.com high school sports forum. Anyone know who these coaches are?

Yeah, why bother requesting it from the school, we know the information would be much more accurate getting it from this forum.

You're absolutely correct. It's public information and any citizen has the right to go to any public school they want and request to see a superintendent's contract, the school's budget, teacher salaries, etc.

My best guess would be Mike Owens at REL and Dereck Rush at JT, and probably Coach King at Longview.

Last I remember Owens and Rush make around $90K/year. A nice chunk of change.

I think the last time this subject came up, the consensus was that it was John Outlaw in Lufkin.

It's everyone's business, the taxpayers pay their salary.

you might find out what the bottom dollar they make on paper

if it was so easy to get, it would already be out there

here is why it is not that easy

you won't know about their insurance, annuities, gas card, vehicle allowance, clothing, travel expenditures, cell phone, etc, money from camps, money from speaking at clinics, country club memberships, resturaunt discounts...

so start guessing you won't be as close as you think

Ive looked everywhere for this info., if its public information, nobody is talking! lol. Several stories bashing how much they make....but can't find a list anywhere. I did find the highest payed coach is in Highland Park. He makes $116,000 including housing allowance of $18,000. Nothing on East Texas...maybe someone else will have better luck.

After doing some checking, I have found out that there are at least 3 over 100k in East Texas. Lufkin, Carthage, and Gilmer. It was also posted on another forum that the Gilmer coach was around 115k and was offered 25k more to go to Coppell. Glad to see the Gilmer powers know how to hang on to a good coach when they got one. Those metroplex dollars would be hard to turn down.

After doing some checking, I have found out that there are at least 3 over 100k in East Texas. Lufkin, Carthage, and Gilmer. It was also posted on another forum that the Gilmer coach was around 115k and was offered 25k more to go to Coppell. Glad to see the Gilmer powers know how to hang on to a good coach when they got one. Those metroplex dollars would be hard to turn down.

Thanks SmithCounty, I could'nt find anything. About Gilmer, I've known Jeff Traylor for a long time. He puts God first, followed by his family and then his extended family...the kids he coaches. Just built a beautiful home on the lake, family is there + a great program that HE built. No suprise that he didnt go to Coppell. If it was me, I would'nt have done it either. No offense to Coppell, fine city and schools, but Coach Traylor is in the right place...... more to life than money. :thumbsup:

What do you make?

The last time I checked I made about 27.8 cents per hour!

I can believe that. Coaches aren't always given the credit they're due. (But by the same token, not all are worth $xxx,xxx)

I can believe that. Coaches aren't always given the credit they're due. (But by the same token, not all are worth $xxx,xxx)

If Carthage is truly one of only three teams in East Texas to be paying their head coach over $100K I'm perfectly okay with that. Scott Surratt is worth every penny! Thanks to Surratt we have our first state championship in football. The talent has always been there we just haven't had anyone who has known how to use it since Sleepy Reynolds and even at the end of Sleepy's run all he wanted to do was Kris Briggs right, Kris Briggs left, Kris Briggs off tackle. That worked a lot of the time, because Briggs was an awesome running back, but that's all Sleepy wanted to do.

Surratt has only lost 5 games in his two years at Carthage and none in district play. I think he's 20-5 at Carthage.

Another point I'd like to make and reason I like the fact Carthage is paying him so well is it may help us keep him in Carthage for a long time. Combine his handsome salary with a brand new football stadium and field house, which includes his and his assistant coach's offices and the thought that he can continue to build the Carthage program into a powerhouse and call it his own, I don't see why he would leave.

I understand one of these DFW schools may offer him an extra $20K/year or so to coach their team, but that may not and hopefully would not be enough to entice him to leave Carthage.

you might find out what the bottom dollar they make on paper

if it was so easy to get, it would already be out there

here is why it is not that easy

you won't know about their insurance, annuities, gas card, vehicle allowance, clothing, travel expenditures, cell phone, etc, money from camps, money from speaking at clinics, country club memberships, resturaunt discounts...

so start guessing you won't be as close as you think

good response, does uncle sam know about these perks?

INCOME became taxable in 1913.

WHAT IS MONEY, ANYWAYS? fleeting, such as DIVES. check the latin.

... and a hunderd thousand ain't much for the unenlightened.

good response, does uncle sam know about these perks?

INCOME became taxable in 1913.

WHAT IS MONEY, ANYWAYS? fleeting, such as DIVES. check the latin.

... and a hunderd thousand ain't much for the unenlightened.

Out of one side of your mouth, you praise obama while out of the other side you speak of "the unenlightened." You are a deceiver.

Fraud.