Best band around

coach35

I'm gonna agree with Longview and Queen City. Queen City has been the best 2A for the past four years. Longview has a standing Sweepstakes streak of over 50 years (is it 54?) and I don't see them slowing down any time soon.

60, looking for 61.

Hands down Whitehouse and Hallsville, always on top of their regions and always making state, Hallsville has one if not the most tradition rich Band in East Texas. Crowds are always pleased at Halftime. Not to mention they have the biggest band ive seen even through 5A...

Mount Pleasant is more intertaining IMO they play the same stuff week after week but its different from everyone elses play.

Not to mention.....numbers don't really matter.....

Hands down for Sabine High School!!!!!

:thumbdown:

• 1 month later...
The best bands in all of East Texas are Lindale, Longview, Canton, and Nacogdoches (In no particular order). Queen City and New Boston are also outstanding programs, but they lack the size of the first four. The band at North Lamar in Paris is also very good.

I wasnt impressed with North Lamar in Paris @ the State contest. Not sure exactly how they made 3rd place. They may put on a good show, but the marching wasnt anything to write home about. Port Isabelle (Military) has got to be one of the most striking, show stoppers I seen for a long long time. I was blown away by the sound and the marching. I would have had Port Isabelle in North Lamar's place. Princeton 2nd place was deserved. This band has been to state every year since I can remember. I was proud of this band. They wore new uniforms and they wore it proudly. Way to go Princeton. Argyle placed 1st and I dont get it....They're a very good band, but they didnt WOW me. It wasnt a 1st place show. Wills Point had a great show. They if anybody should have place way higher than the others in front of there 7th place. Canton was the band that I was sure would place in the top 3, but didnt. All I have to say is to the bands that made it to state, thank you. You all made me glad to be there.

When it comes to military marching in 2A level

Union Grove is king.

Union Grove got second to New Boston at NAMMB, which is supposed to be the premiere military marching contest. However, I do understand that New Boston goes back and forth between 2A and 3A, so the argument can be made.

I wasnt impressed with North Lamar in Paris @ the State contest. Not sure exactly how they made 3rd place. They may put on a good show, but the marching wasnt anything to write home about. Port Isabelle (Military) has got to be one of the most striking, show stoppers I seen for a long long time. I was blown away by the sound and the marching. I would have had Port Isabelle in North Lamar's place. Princeton 2nd place was deserved. This band has been to state every year since I can remember. I was proud of this band. They wore new uniforms and they wore it proudly. Way to go Princeton. Argyle placed 1st and I dont get it....They're a very good band, but they didnt WOW me. It wasnt a 1st place show. Wills Point had a great show. They if anybody should have place way higher than the others in front of there 7th place. Canton was the band that I was sure would place in the top 3, but didnt. All I have to say is to the bands that made it to state, thank you. You all made me glad to be there.

At least be a little more informed before you post something like this. This years contest was very competitive from what I heard. I've seen most of those bands at some point this year. First of all Arygle deserved that first place, and according to all the judges they were unanimously the best band there. Their show and playing ability was just above everyone elses. Also North Lamar placed SECOND and Princeton was third, and also Port Isabel is NOT military. Before you try start degrading other bands success at least post with the right info.

At least be a little more informed before you post something like this. This years contest was very competitive from what I heard. I've seen most of those bands at some point this year. First of all Arygle deserved that first place, and according to all the judges they were unanimously the best band there. Their show and playing ability was just above everyone elses. Also North Lamar placed SECOND and Princeton was third, and also Port Isabel is NOT military. Before you try start degrading other bands success at least post with the right info.

:thumbsup:

Never was in band myself, but for the last 6 years, I have been on the sideline as a "parent roadie".

Going to many contest over these last few years, I can state that I "personally" like the non state year more fun and looser shows over the "drama events" for state. They are just more entertaining to me. ( Isn't that what it is really about?)

Never was in band myself, but for the last 6 years, I have been on the sideline as a "parent roadie".

Going to many contest over these last few years, I can state that I "personally" like the non state year more fun and looser shows over the "drama events" for state. They are just more entertaining to me. ( Isn't that what it is really about?)

Depends on the BD. It SHOULD be about the kids learning to love music for a lifetime. Many students put their horn down after HS and never play again. Sad... :no:

Union Grove got second to New Boston at NAMMB, which is supposed to be the premiere military marching contest. However, I do understand that New Boston goes back and forth between 2A and 3A, so the argument can be made.

Since they ARE 2A, there is no real argument. This year, New Boston was the best 2A according to NAMMB.

New Boston came a long way since the beginning of the season, I know it was early in the year when I saw them, but they shined it up well.

Evidently, Argyle was the unanimous choice in 3A overall, as all judges had them in first.

2 years as 2A and 2 times as 3A champs, can't be luck.

I did know that, just posted wrong. As far as the Arygle statement, that's my opinion and Im sticking to it. Arygle wasnt the best band @ state. As far as PI being military, I might be wrong, but there was another military band besides Brownsboro and thats the band that I was talking about. Does anyone know which band that was? And as far as degrading, IM NOT DEGRADING ANY BAND. All the bands that made it to state and all the others that marched in any of the contest trying to go to state all deserve our respect. We just sat in the stands and make opinions.

• 4 weeks later...
I did know that, just posted wrong. As far as the Arygle statement, that's my opinion and Im sticking to it. Arygle wasnt the best band @ state. As far as PI being military, I might be wrong, but there was another military band besides Brownsboro and thats the band that I was talking about. Does anyone know which band that was? And as far as degrading, IM NOT DEGRADING ANY BAND. All the bands that made it to state and all the others that marched in any of the contest trying to go to state all deserve our respect. We just sat in the stands and make opinions.

The other military band at state was Hardin-Jefferson..

I commend you on your opinion, but if you think that band that got 1-1-1-1-1 from all 5 judges wasn't the best band there then something is wrong...and also there was a 15 point spread between 1st and 2nd

Im sorry China Springs...i ALWAYS get those 2 bands messed up

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Determining the "best band around" is highly speculative.

However, on Saturday, October 8, 2011, the best bands of the 25 bands that participated at the Northeast Texas Marching Festival in Mt. Pleasant were as follows:

1st Place - Atlanta

2nd Place - Queen City

3rd Place - Sulphur Springs

Determining the "best band around" is highly speculative.

However, on Saturday, October 8, 2011, the best bands of the 25 bands that participated at the Northeast Texas Marching Festival in Mt. Pleasant were as follows:

1st Place - Atlanta

2nd Place - Queen City

3rd Place - Sulphur Springs

Looking forward to Halftime the next two weeks, PG hosts Atlanta, and then Travel to North Lamar.

The Three bands from Region 2that went to state in 3A were from District 15 3A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...