RUSK AND SPRING HILL

hoops4life

Just heard the game has been moved from 7:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Still at UT Tyler. I gotta take SH, but it should be an awesome pitchers duel. These two team played back in March in a tournament in Longview. Rusk took that game 3-0. Im going with SH because both teams are really good, and i just think it difficult to beat SH twice.

A great field for two good East Texas Softball programs to play upon. Should be a large crowd there to see this game! Rusk showed a lot of heart and determination in imposing their will in those last two games on Saturday against Waco Robinson whose top 5 bats were the best I've seen since Evangel. Spring Hill also beat a strong Carthage team in a 3 game series so they too have plenty of determination and talent as well.

Gotta go with Rusk, since a win would make history for that softball program in advancing to Regional Semi-final game for the first time!

Barriers are made to be broken!

Both teams are as good as their Pitching performs. Both pitchers are great! As far as hitting I think they are both average at best. But in High School that is not bad. I give the edge to Spring Hill they just added a good player that was not there all year and if she has a decent game it could make the difference from the first meeting. Bottom line here though is which pitcher has the best game I really don,t see either team having a lot offense in this game. The team that put it play the most and puts pressure on the defense should come out ahead. This should be a great Game. Both are good teams. Good luck to both Teams. I also think the winner of this games has a good shot doing more later on. Would'nt have been great to see a 3 game series here. Then you would have had a true winner. The UIL really did a number on making this round a one gamer. We have great match ups all over the state this round. I really hate it for the kids since now one bad game or even one bad play could be the difference in the out come. Seems like to me UIL should have done the one game play off earllier when we still had some of the weaker teams in the playoffs.

First of all, congratulations to Spring Hill, good ball club coached by some pretty good coaches....

Secondly, congratulations to the Lady Eagles.... All of us in the stands enjoyed watching you ladies every time you took the field.... There will be MANY more wins for this team, and for the two seniors who played their last game tonight, both of you are amazing kids....

First of all, congratulations to Spring Hill, good ball club coached by some pretty good coaches....

Secondly, congratulations to the Lady Eagles.... All of us in the stands enjoyed watching you ladies every time you took the field.... There will be MANY more wins for this team, and for the two seniors who played their last game tonight, both of you are amazing kids....

I couldn't have said it better myself....Thanks Coaches and Players! I was honored to be able to support such an awesome team!

This was a very exciting game. Both teams put forth great performances. SH eeked out a victory by playing small ball and with team speed. Williams and Campbell (No. 2 and 3 hitters) can fly. If they get on base, it is tough to keep them from 3rd. When the game was 1-1, they got on back to back and both scored. I think that was the difference in the game. Both pitchers pitched outstanding games as expected. All around great game by both teams. Congratulations to the Lady Eagles on a great season. Good Luck to SH as they move on to face Splendora.

Enjoyed watching two top notch ET softball teams go toe to toe! Speed kills and I tip my hat to Spring Hill! If you keep playing with that aggressiveness you'll give any 3A team in region 3 all they want to handle! Good luck against I presume Splendora! I'd like to see ya'll win that one for East Texas!

Lady Eagles congratulations on a great year, Maci and Calah we'll miss ya'll and best of luck in life! Rusk returns 7 starters with good young talent on the way! Learn from your defeats and become stronger!

The softball complex at UT Tyler is a really nice field, my only complaint is hundreds of Rusk and Spring Hill fans had no seats and had to stand for the game. This facility deserves more seating/bleachers extending out from behind the plate toward each dugout. A great venue in the center of East Texas to host playoffs!

I have not seen Spring Hill play but by the runs they are scoring against two top notch teams and pitchers (Rusk and Carthage) they are certainly a team to consider. Of course, since they are still playing that is a rather dumb statement.

And their pitcher appears to be pretty darn good as well.

Splendora will be a very tough challenge. I know a few of the players from Splendora and they have some very good team and coach. My only question coming into this year was their pitching and I have read they two freshman who are carring the load with one that throws pretty hard.

Speed my be the deciding factor. Not sure Splendora's catcher can hold down a running team. We shall see.

If one game, Spring Hill 3 Splendora 2

If a series, Spring Hill in 3 games

And regarding the statment below:

"The softball complex at UT Tyler is a really nice field, my only complaint is hundreds of Rusk and Spring Hill fans had no seats and had to stand for the game. This facility deserves more seating/bleachers extending out from behind the plate toward each dugout. A great venue in the center of East Texas to host playoffs!"

That was my thought from the one time I was there. Nice covered bleacher for maybe 100 or 150. After that a few lawn chairs and then it is SRO.

Very nice park, but I agree with the lack of seating.... I mean I'm sure most playoff games are like this, but there were people EVERYWHERE.....

It really got crazy when the fans from Texas High and Forney got there waiting to play their game....

Agree...great game, great park, but way too few seats for playoffs games. There were as many SH and Rusk fans standings as there were sitting down.

Maybe with the success of the UT-Tyler softball program an expansion will come about!

Agree...great game, great park, but way too few seats for playoffs games. There were as many SH and Rusk fans standings as there were sitting down.

Maybe with the success of the UT-Tyler softball program an expansion will come about!

If you go to a UT-Tyler softball game you will see that there really isn't a need. They fill the stands but most people enjoy sitting on the hill or in lawn chairs. I agree it isn't enough seating for a play-off game, but I can't think of any field in this area that has enough seating for the type of crowd that we saw last night.

I think HS softball is growing in popularity in ET........attendance at the games last night is a testament to that! Even saw Channel 19 guy taping a segment for the 10:30 news. Tyler is starting a 18 over women fastpitch league this summer including several current and former college players. I understand over 70 players have already signed up. I agree maybe one day UT/Tyler will need to increase their seating. This is the quickest most exciting sport to watch. You got a lot of action and excitement for $5 last night!