nacogdoches baseball coach leaves

nacdragon07

Coach Wiggins is a very good coach at soccer and baseball. Personally I believe he should of been promoted to head baseball coach before Sparks. No offense to Sparks but Nacogdoches needs to go back to the glory days of baseball in the 90's when Harris was coach and they were district contenders every year.

Coach Wiggins is a very good coach at soccer and baseball. Personally I believe he should of been promoted to head baseball coach before Sparks. No offense to Sparks but Nacogdoches needs to go back to the glory days of baseball in the 90's when Harris was coach and they were district contenders every year.

well sparks did get them back to the playoffs and went three rounds deep and won a district title last year and to be honest they were a few games away from making the playoffs in his first year i liked sparks but if the ball stays in wiggins's court then i think he will do a good job.

well sparks did get them back to the playoffs and went three rounds deep and won a district title last year and to be honest they were a few games away from making the playoffs in his first year i liked sparks but if the ball stays in wiggins's court then i think he will do a good job.

He got them back to the playoffs but they were 2 all-star teams that required little coaching. With players like Hill McAnnich Lock Lunsford and other very good players they coulda got into the playoffs without a coach.

He got them back to the playoffs but they were 2 all-star teams that required little coaching. With players like Hill McAnnich Lock Lunsford and other very good players they coulda got into the playoffs without a coach.

I'm a homer and I'm going to have to agree with this statement. Not going to talk bad about the Nac coach who did a decent job while he was here(excellent with the field), but there were so many players that had the talent, that they did not need much coaching. If there was maybe a better coach, there could have been a chance at going very deep.

Two years ago- got to playoffs, handed Highland Park a loss(I think one of the few losses they had) before being beat out in Tyler in 3.

Last year- got to playoffs, beat out by McKinney North in 3.

District championship this year.

Mixed feelings in Nac about him leaving. I know that even though not everyone liked him, they know he did put a winning attitude back in Nac about baseball. Very disappointing year this year though.

As of Wiggins, he played both baseball and soccer(along with football) and is a natural coach. When he coached JV a couple years back, they had a saying for him-"Fix it Wiggins".

I'm sure Coach Farshid isn't happy about this change.

it's just good to see a conversation about Nacogdoches that includes baseball. I miss the good old days when Nac had a very competitive team on a yearly basis.

yeah, it's too bad they allowed that furniture salesman downtown run Brent Harris out of the baseball job. They haven't done much in baseball since Harris started coaching golf. If they were smart, they'd try to get Harris to take the job back and tell clowns like the furniture man to keep his mouth shut.

yeah, it's too bad they allowed that furniture salesman downtown run Brent Harris out of the baseball job. They haven't done much in baseball since Harris started coaching golf. If they were smart, they'd try to get Harris to take the job back and tell clowns like the furniture man to keep his mouth shut.

Talk about having teams that did not require coaching...check Harris's roster and see how many went on to play ball.

Talk about having teams that did not require coaching...check Harris's roster and see how many went on to play ball.

Who do you think developed all those players that you say didn't need to be coached? I can tell you most anything you would want to know about Nacogdoches baseball from 1976 to 2002. The baseball team was rarelyi as successful as they were under Harris except when they went to State in the earlyi 80's with a team that Harris played on and helped get to Austin. Of cousre, they had a very strong pitcher named Mike Compton who pitched in the big games. Harris had broken his leg in the fall and never was the same pitcher again. Harris is the best baseball coach that Nacogdoches has had in 30 years.