14 4A Baseball 2010

Congratulations to all of the playoff teams this year! Can't wait until next year. Can anyone give me feedback as to what teams have coming back next year as far as returning varsity players? Who is going to field young teams and who is going to be experienced? What about some players to watch? Looking forward to some feedback!

Kilgore will be a young team after graduating 11 seniors this Thursday. They will be returning 4-5 juniors, and the one sophomore who got moved up this year after our starting shortstop got hurt. So, I look for about 5 sophomores, 2-4 freshman, and 2-3 juniors to be put on varsity for next year who should get pretty good game time. That would be 2-3 seniors, 5 juniors, and 2-4 sophomores.

Of course just because this is what I think will or should happen doesn't mean anything! The coach DOES have the final say! :thumbsup:

According to the program, Lindale is only graduating 2 starters. I heard Copeland's scoping went better than expected and he will be able to pitch next year. That should help a ton. If they get a good coach and he has a good off-season program they should be able to legitimately contend.

my bad

As for your footnote quote..."success is never final, but failure can be."

I couldn't disagree with you more!..."Fall down seven times... get up eight" you are only a failure if you dont stand back up and and try even harder the next time.

If I were you I would remove that quote. I know that you and yours are trying to stand back up right now. This failure is not final.

I couldn't disagree with you more!..."Fall down seven times... get up eight" you are only a failure if you dont stand back up and and try even harder the next time.

If I were you I would remove that quote. I know that you and yours are trying to stand back up right now. This failure is not final.

failure "can" be.......nothing about is.....

the point of the quote is to keep working your tail off to reach that success...to not be content with second place. i think parcells said it after he won a SB with the giants (the next pre-season)

oh well....enough about Hallsville* they aren't in 14-4A

WH will lose 3 all the time starters and only one of them occasionally pitched (maybe twice as a closer in dist) lost 2 more that sometimes started pending on who was pitcher. They should have another good season next year.

Henderson has Jenkins returning. So that in itself will make them a force to deal with.

I'd saw those two will finish 1 and 2. Too early to predict the order (because if I did I would just pick WH as a homer)

Henderson and Whitehouse are both going to be very good again next year. Henderson returns all 3 pitchers they used in district: Tyrell Jenkins (also played RF), Kobie Lee, and Eric Grace (also started at 1B), plus 3B Dustin Thomas. Whitehouse also returns Matt Durst, Caleb Haney, and Conner Cashion to the mound. If Henderson hits, they'll win the district, if not, it'll be close again like this year.

the point of the quote is to keep working your tail off to reach that success...to not be content with second place. i think parcells said it after he won a SB with the giants (the next pre-season)

And to do whatever it takes to not get second place!?

Henderson and Whitehouse are both going to be very good again next year. Henderson returns all 3 pitchers they used in district: Tyrell Jenkins (also played RF), Kobie Lee, and Eric Grace (also started at 1B), plus 3B Dustin Thomas. Whitehouse also returns Matt Durst, Caleb Haney, and Conner Cashion to the mound. If Henderson hits, they'll win the district, if not, it'll be close again like this year.

Your right Henderson is going to have all the great pitching back, plus the 1st & 3rd baseman but they are really going to miss Matt Free/SS, Blake Chambless/LF, Daniel Prior/RF;1st, Cramer Hurt/2nd base,Jim Gossett/DH, and Parker Hale/C. That was quite a SR. bunch of boys that loved the game and each other.

Your right Henderson is going to have all the great pitching back, plus the 1st & 3rd baseman but they are really going to miss Matt Free/SS, Blake Chambless/LF, Daniel Prior/RF;1st, Cramer Hurt/2nd base,Jim Gossett/DH, and Parker Hale/C. That was quite a SR. bunch of boys that loved the game and each other.

Thats a lineup in itself! Some great baseball players named there, that will definitely be missed and create some big shoes to fill for those underclassmen coming up. Having the pitching return will be HUGE.

nice with the personal attacks...gotta love it!

You have to realize that the Hallsville* scandal this year isn't going to just disappear. Most likely the only people that thought UIL made the correct decision were the folks from Hallsville*. We have to abide by the decision but we don't have to like it. It will be remembered for years to come.

Why do I get the feeling that all these people throwing stones are simply living in glass houses?

Look at EVERY program and I can promise UIL violations.

For example, did you know there is a cap to how many hours per week a team can practice? Now, how many teams do you think violate this rule? That's what I thought, probably all of them.

Grades? Come on now.

Off season work rules? Like they never existed.

I could care less about Hallsville, but all this * talk is sour grapes at best.

I just dont understand it at this point, "justice" has been served (as announced/handed down by the UIL) -- its not a ground breaking decision. it doesnt open up loopholes in the situation, all it does is follow previous precident created by the UIL of reviewing these cases on a case-by-case basis and going from there lol

You have to realize that the Hallsville* scandal this year isn't going to just disappear. Most likely the only people that thought UIL made the correct decision were the folks from Hallsville*. We have to abide by the decision but we don't have to like it. It will be remembered for years to come.

so i get blasted for the quote in my signature? -- talk about nit picking... (also with the use of the * ... really? be more mature about an issue than that, you dont strike me as someone that is still in school, so why act like it? do you put a * on every situation you disagree with?)

why will it be "remembered for years to come" -- was it a groundbreaking decision? no. (has happened before) -- was it the first time it has happened in baseball? no (forney) -- did it open up a lot more wiggle room for schools? no (same rule appeal w/ SA Burbank was denied)

at least some/most people stopped comparing it to the Dallas Carter '88 football team...if people want a situation, in this sport, to compare Hallsville to use Forney from a few years ago...

the result was the result, the player was punished. the team was not. contrary to what most ppl on SDC seem to believe it is over (unless someone sues the UIL? which i doubt will happen, especially after Longview's Coach Bowman came on here and said the goal was never forfiture)...it may keep being talked about on places like SDC, but the ruling is not going to be reversed anytime in the near future...

its going to get brought up on places like this, and it will lead to people who think the ruling was correct blasting back at those who disagree (specifically longview fans b/c of the unique situation they are/were in regarding this situation) -- it starts and will continue a vicious circle which will not end anytime soon...

if people have a huge problem with it, they should bring it up to their lawyer, the UIL, District Committte or their AD/Super and have them bring it up with any of those previous 3 entities...lol

the end result is the end result.

Here is the comparison. OJ Simpson. They cheated and got away with it. Everyone, including Hallsville people know they played season with 2 inelgible players and continue to play with one. They knew from day one. Played the system and got away with it. All other schools may now recruit and play ignorant. UIL has opened a can of worms.

I will choose to use the Hallsville* to represent this years Hallsville* baseball team only. It is not the first time SDC users have used an *. My team has been listed with an * on here before also. In my opinion, the * shows that Hallsville did not go about thier season in the way that every other team did. It was with inelligible player(s). Whether or not UIL allowed them to continue does not matter to me. Fact is they played with a player and maybe player(s) that they had no business using. Other teams in the exact same circumstance have accepted their penalties and moved on. Hallsville chose to spend well spent money and hire a lawyer to fight it. To me it tells everyone else that has accepted the District committees decision that you should hire a lawyer and fight. UIL has set a precedent that they will have to deal with from now on. Hallsville* would have had a very good team without the player in question. It is a disservice to the kids that worked hard and lost their starting position to a illegal move in. You can yell that no one knew and the UIL may have believe the story, but I don't. The parent in question told people all season long he moved for athletic gain. Anyone with ears heard it. You can blame Longview all you want, but there is NO WAY that everyone associated with Hallsville* baseball did not know what was going on.

Now, if you don't like what we are saying on the 14 4A thread move back to your own, if not deal with it. :bangin:

I will choose to use the Hallsville* to represent this years Hallsville* baseball team only. It is not the first time SDC users have used an *. My team has been listed with an * on here before also. In my opinion, the * shows that Hallsville did not go about thier season in the way that every other team did. It was with inelligible player(s). Whether or not UIL allowed them to continue does not matter to me. Fact is they played with a player and maybe player(s) that they had no business using. Other teams in the exact same circumstance have accepted their penalties and moved on. Hallsville chose to spend well spent money and hire a lawyer to fight it. To me it tells everyone else that has accepted the District committees decision that you should hire a lawyer and fight. UIL has set a precedent that they will have to deal with from now on. Hallsville* would have had a very good team without the player in question. It is a disservice to the kids that worked hard and lost their starting position to a illegal move in. You can yell that no one knew and the UIL may have believe the story, but I don't. The parent in question told people all season long he moved for athletic gain. Anyone with ears heard it. You can blame Longview all you want, but there is NO WAY that everyone associated with Hallsville* baseball did not know what was going on.

Now, if you don't like what we are saying on the 14 4A thread move back to your own, if not deal with it.

I would like to see an example of a team that was in the same situation and accepted the penalty...did Forney a few years ago? Did Beckville not appeal it recently?

the UIL has in fact not at all set a precedent in any way, shape or form -- you ignore all the other factors in this issue and in past issues. the forney situation recently was much like this one with the same result. the situation heard the same day as the hallsville case by the UIL (SA Burbank) was challenged on the same rule and had the exact opposite result.

basically you say that no matter what anyone says, even the highest authority (in this case, the UIL) you are going to ignore it based on your personal feelings. so if you think its ok to kill someone, then laws be damned you are going to kill them and its an ok thing to do...now this is a little extreme, but this is what your arguement boils down to. or if you need the money to feed your family, forget the laws, its ok for you to rob a bank...

"To me it tells everyone else that has accepted the District committees decision that you should hire a lawyer and fight."

actually, if you do think you have followed the rules and are in the right thats exactly what you should do, and are allowed to do under our current system. again with murder example, if you are accused of killing someone, and lose your case even though you didnt kill the person you should just accept it?

finally, you completely ignore the actual point in this case and why hallsville was "cleared" in the end. no, it was not because they hired a lawyer and scammed the UIL. it was because they fulfilled their responsibilities under UIL rules and did everything that they were supposed to under those rules. whats next? do you want them to attach GPS bracelets to the students ankles so they know where they are 24/7? come on.

again: this was not a groundbreaking decision. it was not the first time this ruling ever happened. it was not the first time this ruling has happened, within the sport of baseball, in the last 10 years even (see here: http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/06099...060999048.shtml ) -- nor will it be the last time it is brought up to the UIL and nor will it be the last time that the UIL rules in favor of the rule. these things are done on a *CASE BY CASE* basis...look at SA Burbank vs Hallsville on the same day and two different rulings...

Here is the comparison. OJ Simpson. They cheated and got away with it. Everyone, including Hallsville people know they played season with 2 inelgible players and continue to play with one. They knew from day one. Played the system and got away with it. All other schools may now recruit and play ignorant. UIL has opened a can of worms.

if this was such a cut and dried issue, dont you think that longview would have pushed the stringer case on to the state to have him ruled as ineligible? what about anyone else who knew about this issue, wouldnt they have pushed it to the state UIL?

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS RULING HAS HAPPENED in baseball specifically look at forney in 99 (seen link above) -- so what is so difficult to understand that this is not groundbreaking or does it open a "can of worms"

so i get blasted for the quote in my signature? -- talk about nit picking... (also with the use of the * ... really? be more mature about an issue than that, you dont strike me as someone that is still in school, so why act like it? do you put a * on every situation you disagree with?)

why will it be "remembered for years to come" -- was it a groundbreaking decision? no. (has happened before) -- was it the first time it has happened in baseball? no (forney) -- did it open up a lot more wiggle room for schools? no (same rule appeal w/ SA Burbank was denied)

at least some/most people stopped comparing it to the Dallas Carter '88 football team...if people want a situation, in this sport, to compare Hallsville to use Forney from a few years ago...

the result was the result, the player was punished. the team was not. contrary to what most ppl on SDC seem to believe it is over (unless someone sues the UIL? which i doubt will happen, especially after Longview's Coach Bowman came on here and said the goal was never forfiture)...it may keep being talked about on places like SDC, but the ruling is not going to be reversed anytime in the near future...

its going to get brought up on places like this, and it will lead to people who think the ruling was correct blasting back at those who disagree (specifically longview fans b/c of the unique situation they are/were in regarding this situation) -- it starts and will continue a vicious circle which will not end anytime soon...

if people have a huge problem with it, they should bring it up to their lawyer, the UIL, District Committte or their AD/Super and have them bring it up with any of those previous 3 entities...lol

the end result is the end result.

Someone might need to take responsibility for the asterisk *. Havent seen anyone step up to the plate yet.