Eli Manning or Tony Romo....Who's better?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Cowboys fan, I am not a Jerry Jones fan or a fan of lazy soft O-lineman, pre madaonna TE or a 2cd rate WR who does not know his role.

Really we only had one soft O-lineman as you put it. He happened to be the backup to Kosier. While he was sub. for Kosier is when things began to fall apart. The reason for it was a cascade effect that just broke down our line. Flozelle is still one of the best out there. Sure he makes mistakes occasionally. But very few people got to the QB from his side. I don't know of any TE like you describe. We have a very good back-up in Bennett. Bennett plays at a high level with few mistakes. The team depends on one of the best TE's in Jason Witten. Now where did you come up with your comment about receiver? Everything I've seen shows that we have receivers that are trying to improve the team they are on. Their role will be ever changing because the offense will be changing.

There is no way Crayton can be classified as some one who always drops clutch throws. He has shown he can catch #### when needed in tight quarters. EVERY receiver drops perfect passes. You can't name one that doesn't.

Jason Garrett has done exceptionally well with his scheme. Yes there were breakdowns and periods of problems. You have that with all Offensive Coordinators. It's constantly changing. He has many more games where the defense had no clue how to stop him. Or was that Tony Romo they couldn't stop. I forgot he's not that good so it must have been just the coaching. Oops it can't be that because he's predictable. We must have played sorry teams during those games. Point is you guys will find fault with any scenario on why they win the games they do and never give credit where it's due.

I forgot .... the glasses are off now.

Eli is better then Romo, Romo chokes Eli sometimes does, but who has the ring.

ELI 1

romo 0

thats why we signed brad johnson right westrusk :thumbsup:

Johnson 1

Eli 1

Payton 1

point is...tony romo's career is not over...not even close. dallas had a very down year because of injuries and issues in the locker room

and i dislike jason garrett and wade phillips very much. i love coaches to show emotion...but not like wade...he jumps up and down like a little fat girl. and garrett is so predictable. i would catch myself during games saying "we should run this right now, but garrett will call ____." thats pretty bad when I, ME, MYSELF can sit there and see what is gonna happen.

Flozelle is still one of the best out there. Sure he makes mistakes occasionally. But very few people got to the QB from his side.

IMO Adams is the MOST OVERPAID player on the Cowboys Roster

check out this statistical evidence, courtesy of Stats, Inc.

*Adams is tied for 20th in the league for most sacks allowed with six. That includes all players, not just tackles.

*He's tied for sixth in the league for most holding penalties with three.

*He's tied for second in the league for most false starts with six.

*The Cowboys rank 21st in the league in average yards running behind left tackle (3.48 per carry).

Jason Garrett has done exceptionally well with his scheme. Yes there were breakdowns and periods of problems. You have that with all Offensive Coordinators. It's constantly changing. He has many more games where the defense had no clue how to stop him.

Stars think Cowboys' offensive woes start with Jason Garrett's scheme

7:50 PM Sun, Dec 28, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

T.O.'s frustration with Jason Garrett's offense is old news that gets rehashed on a weekly basis. But you can't just dismiss T.O.'s concerns because of his history of battling coaches.

Especially since Tony Romo agrees that the league has caught up with a lot of what Garrett calls.

Romo didn't call out Garrett by name after the loss to the Eagles. But the Cowboys' two highest-profile playmakers made it clear that Garrett should shoulder a large share of the blame for the Cowboys' offensive woes.

"They exposed us," Romo said. "It's something that we do fundamentally offensively. So give them credit. Give [Eagles defensive coordinator] Jim Johnson credit."

Stars think Cowboys' offensive woes start with Jason Garrett's scheme

7:50 PM Sun, Dec 28, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

T.O.'s frustration with Jason Garrett's offense is old news that gets rehashed on a weekly basis. But you can't just dismiss T.O.'s concerns because of his history of battling coaches.

Especially since Tony Romo agrees that the league has caught up with a lot of what Garrett calls.

Romo didn't call out Garrett by name after the loss to the Eagles. But the Cowboys' two highest-profile playmakers made it clear that Garrett should shoulder a large share of the blame for the Cowboys' offensive woes.

"They exposed us," Romo said. "It's something that we do fundamentally offensively. So give them credit. Give [Eagles defensive coordinator] Jim Johnson credit."

I believe I did bring up there were times of bad. It is normal with any coordinator. He must have done something right to get all those records that has been building for what 50 years? My logic is solid.

IMO Adams is the MOST OVERPAID player on the Cowboys Roster

check out this statistical evidence, courtesy of Stats, Inc.

*Adams is tied for 20th in the league for most sacks allowed with six. That includes all players, not just tackles.

*He's tied for sixth in the league for most holding penalties with three.

*He's tied for second in the league for most false starts with six.

*The Cowboys rank 21st in the league in average yards running behind left tackle (3.48 per carry).

His penalties has always been a problem, no argument there. But his pass protection is still not much of an issue. With other injuries that were documented in the offensive line it's no wonder that he give up more than normal. Later in the season his injuries absolutely effected his play. Although he couldn't sit out to heal because we were depleted on the line. That is why we had such a bad year. He is still one of the most effective OT's out there.

The question for you Eli fans is this: would you give him 100 million? That's the conundrum the Giants are facing at this point.

YES! Give him 100 million with 70 guaranteed. The New Yorkers would be nailing someone to a train track not long after this took place. :whome:

I'd give big $$$ to Eli Manning before I would to Tony "Butterfingers" Romo. Manning is a leader, Romo isn't. Romo chokes when it's time to produce under pressure.

Romo's laughing on the way to the bank. He's got his money and will have championship soon enough.

Big Money is no measure of success ... otherwise JJ and Al Davis would have several more Super Bowl trophies apiece. I just don't see the same drive or desire to win with Romo as with the successful Super Bowl QBs ... including Eli Manning. I don't think there is any question that Eli is the better QB ... unless of course you are blinded by the homer syndrome! LOL

Big Money is no measure of success ... otherwise JJ and Al Davis would have several more Super Bowl trophies apiece. I just don't see the same drive or desire to win with Romo as with the successful Super Bowl QBs ... including Eli Manning. I don't think there is any question that Eli is the better QB ... unless of course you are blinded by the homer syndrome! LOL

well his yards, touchdowns, competion percentage, ect don't agree with you. and remember he also played with TO...a guy who drops many passes a year. romo is better

Just keep your homer glasses on and keep believing that dude! LOL

Homerism aside, there hasn't been one deductive argument in this entire thread that possibly shines light on Eli being the better quarterback. His stats don't compare, he's been the cause of more losses to the tune of more turnovers in the playoffs than Romo, and his own team is balking at giving him 'elite' quarterback money.

The only argument in Eli's favor doesn't hold up to any inspection.

It's a bold prediction for any team to make. Considering some teams have never even been there. Dallas has all the weapons and tools to make this true. With what Dallas has on their team this would be a likely prediction even if you didn't know about football.

I think winning their division is a great accomplishment also. They've won the division recently against the toughest teams in the league. So yes they have shown they can.