Lindale head baseball job

hardball...ballboy21 is lawless the soccer coach so he will continue to defend his baseball coaching buddy. i hate when coaches get on here under other screen names and cause problems. he will continue because he loves to argue with kids on the soccer thread. good luck to you guys with the new coach.

hey toohott thanks for the heads up! Now I can consider the source and just ignore him!

hardball...ballboy21 is lawless the soccer coach so he will continue to defend his baseball coaching buddy. i hate when coaches get on here under other screen names and cause problems. he will continue because he loves to argue with kids on the soccer thread. good luck to you guys with the new coach.

this is not LAWLESS, he has nothing to do with this, besides being a great soccer coach, he is a friend of mine, and has transfered ballboy21 to me, dont be so quick to drop names unless they all come out

hardballjunkie:

just imagine a POSITIVE Lindale baseball program where the best players play, where a coach will REINFORCE a strong work ethic with praise and not find the negative to dwell on.

Imagine having weekly practice geared for that weeks competition.

Imagine an environment where there are no personal issues with players based on a coaches warped perspective of talent, or the coaches own personal like, or dislike of that player.

Imagine an environment that is basically fun, encouraging, and without all the drama.

I trust the school district to do there part by finding a true baseball coach and help make the baseball program one we can all be proud of.

I'm quite confident that the kids will respond to any coach that puts the best ball players on the field.

As for me--- I would love to see the best 9 or 10 batters in the line up at one time. Lindales team is loaded with hitters who were MIA this season, with a few exceptions.

Bottom line: the next season will require the kids to work harder and re-focus there efforts to support a new coach and hopefully have some fun.

It wasn't fun to watch or play the last two seasons. Surely EVERYONE can do better.

hardballjunkie:

just imagine a POSITIVE Lindale baseball program where the best players play, where a coach will REINFORCE a strong work ethic with praise and not find the negative to dwell on.

Imagine having weekly practice geared for that weeks competition.

Imagine an environment where there are no personal issues with players based on a coaches warped perspective of talent, or the coaches own personal like, or dislike of that player.

Imagine an environment that is basically fun, encouraging, and without all the drama.

I trust the school district to do there part by finding a true baseball coach and help make the baseball program one we can all be proud of.

I'm quite confident that the kids will respond to any coach that puts the best ball players on the field.

As for me--- I would love to see the best 9 or 10 batters in the line up at one time. Lindales team is loaded with hitters who were MIA this season, with a few exceptions.

Bottom line: the next season will require the kids to work harder and re-focus there efforts to support a new coach and hopefully have some fun.

It wasn't fun to watch or play the last two seasons. Surely EVERYONE can do better.

Wow, just wow. I wonder what team you were watching this year? I don't have a kid on the team, but I went to quite a few games this year. It appeared to me, from my knowledge of the kids on the team and from watching the team, that the best hitters were hitting. I am thinking that you had a child that was not played by Coach Simmons and that brought about your statement. I think, from having watched Lindale baseball for quite a few years, that this year talent was not quite as abundant as years past. That said, we still had a decent year. Not a good year, but not as bad as it could have been. They got a few good wins in and had some real ugly losses. It happens. You really cannot expect a school the size of Lindale to have a playoff team every year. We don't have the students to pull from.

Wow, just wow. I wonder what team you were watching this year? I don't have a kid on the team, but I went to quite a few games this year. It appeared to me, from my knowledge of the kids on the team and from watching the team, that the best hitters were hitting. I am thinking that you had a child that was not played by Coach Simmons and that brought about your statement. I think, from having watched Lindale baseball for quite a few years, that this year talent was not quite as abundant as years past. That said, we still had a decent year. Not a good year, but not as bad as it could have been. They got a few good wins in and had some real ugly losses. It happens. You really cannot expect a school the size of Lindale to have a playoff team every year. We don't have the students to pull from.

After reading this mess for awhile now, and having nothing to do with Lindale HS, I must comment:

I'm with you etos. Sounds like a bunch of wimpy know-it-alls who want a giant group hug at the end of every practice and game.

So many of those types don't understand that much of coaching IS negative. Making corrections and trying to teach skills contrary to what many athletes hear from their parents and friends at home is often a BIG hinderance to effective coaching. Parents and fans in the stands are athletic SUPPOTERS. How many of those Lindale folks actually tried to remain positive and supportive of the coach? I'm sure many did, but they are the quiet / non-obnoxious ones, and they don't get the attention.

I can't bring myself to even go to HS baseball games anymore due to the parents who are clearly not there to be supportive, but are there to yell at the umps and coaches. Its like that is their whole purpose in life! I'm sure these people are constantly negative behind the scenes as well. How are the players supposed to maintain a positive and supportive attitude towards the coach with all their negativity off the field? Hopefully, in the future, those folks will be supporters instead of participants. Thats the role in which they can do the most good for the program. Hopefully they'll learn that. Great job folks, you should be real proud!

Good luck Lindale crazies, and remember: Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it! And I hope you do!

Best of luck to the outgoing coach...sounds like its a blessing in disguise for you and your family.

After reading this mess for awhile now, and having nothing to do with Lindale HS, I must comment:

I'm with you etos. Sounds like a bunch of wimpy know-it-alls who want a giant group hug at the end of every practice and game.

So many of those types don't understand that much of coaching IS negative. Making corrections and trying to teach skills contrary to what many athletes hear from their parents and friends at home is often a BIG hinderance to effective coaching. Parents and fans in the stands are athletic SUPPOTERS. How many of those Lindale folks actually tried to remain positive and supportive of the coach? I'm sure many did, but they are the quiet / non-obnoxious ones, and they don't get the attention.

I can't bring myself to even go to HS baseball games anymore due to the parents who are clearly not there to be supportive, but are there to yell at the umps and coaches. Its like that is their whole purpose in life! I'm sure these people are constantly negative behind the scenes as well. How are the players supposed to maintain a positive and supportive attitude towards the coach with all their negativity off the field? Hopefully, in the future, those folks will be supporters instead of participants. Thats the role in which they can do the most good for the program. Hopefully they'll learn that. Great job folks, you should be real proud!

Good luck Lindale crazies, and remember: Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it! And I hope you do!

Best of luck to the outgoing coach...sounds like its a blessing in disguise for you and your family.

I started this thread by simply asking if anyone had heard who had applied. Another thread on this topic simply stated that Simmons had resigned. All I was looking for was anyone who had info on potential coaches and all that needed to be said on the other was "Good luck to all." That would have been great but the immediate replies were either digs at the parents and players or "poor coach SImmons got a raw deal." NOBODY ASKED FOR THAT! Every negative post was started by a Simmons supporter. You guys are the ones embarrassing Lindale baseball and making the community look bad. Every school and community has its issues and you guys chose to air ours to the world. Of course the parents will respond. SO it sounds to me like the wimpy know-it-alls who need a group hug are the Simmons supporters. Think about the school and the next years team and get over it. Everyone else is ready and has been ready to move on, so DROP IT. Back to my original question...Has anyone heard anything?

Hardball, don't be so obtuse. Often, threads go off on different tangents. I certainly stayed out of it for as long as I could stomach. Don't be so sensitive. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings or made comments you don't like.

As I stated, I have no horse in this race, but I do know what I'm reading, that parents are almost always the biggest problems to the coaching profession, and also that EVERY coach who is told he will not be renewed resigns before they are turned down at a board meeting. The stigma of a non-renewal for a teacher / coach is hard to get past. Especially when it is REQUIRED that applicants note the circumstances if they have ever been non-renewed on all ISD resumes. Makes it hard to move on and taints the application from the get go.

I really do hope everything works out for all parties...for the kids sake, but I stand by my take of this issue.

Peace

I don't what went on as far as Coach Simmons as a Baseball coach, but having been coached by him in Football I can honestly say he is an excellent coach who I hope stays on the staff at LHS. From what I understand he didnt recieve a fair shot at all.

He (Neal) wouldn't step down from being principal to coach baseball...... :thumbdown:

Post only if you can add to the thread (i.e. you know or hear of who might be inline for the job)