Hargraves to resign at Bullard High School

Smoaky

Bullard will become dominant in football,

Bullard eventually becoming competitive in football is about as far as I will reach. They went 3-7 with Charlie Moore as QB. Baseball and basketball are light years ahead of the football program and even those programs cannot be considered dominant.

I do agree on the reason for the lack of transfers coming to Bullard. Tomlin and I always had running inside joke on what the town of Bullard needed to get them over the hump in basketball. It will never happen.

I don't blame Hargraves for leaving. Apparently he saw an opportunity come up and he seized it. I'm sure there is probably more to the story than just wanting to get into administration. Not many people leave a head basketball coaching position for an assistant principal job at an Elementary school unless they are really wanting to get out.

I had one play under Tomlin and I have 1 in the basketball program now. Any comparisons between Tomlin and Hargraves are unfair to both men. As far as the new coach, I have an extreme amount of confidence in the new Supt. I just want some continuity. I had 4 head baseball coaches in 4 years at Lee. I don't wish that kind of ordeal on my child.

I don't have a problem with him leaving, just he was working on his mid-management since the beginning of the school year, so he knew that he was going in the principal direction and should not have sold himself to the district and took the job. He was hired with our current superintendent on board, so it appears alot of people felt he was going to be here awhile in the community. I wish him luck and hope he finds a place he can stay awhile. Bullard is a great place and right now we just need people in there who like to work with and help kids. Our current Supt. & AD and coaches are continually doing that and we need to be behind them. Football last year had CM and this year there is alot of kids that will suprise with wins and Basketball has all the key kids coming back, only CM graduated and he wasn't the dominate player, so it will be another great year.

Bullard eventually becoming competitive in football is about as far as I will reach. They went 3-7 with Charlie Moore as QB. Baseball and basketball are light years ahead of the football program and even those programs cannot be considered dominant.

I do agree on the reason for the lack of transfers coming to Bullard. Tomlin and I always had running inside joke on what the town of Bullard needed to get them over the hump in basketball. It will never happen.

I don't blame Hargraves for leaving. Apparently he saw an opportunity come up and he seized it. I'm sure there is probably more to the story than just wanting to get into administration. Not many people leave a head basketball coaching position for an assistant principal job at an Elementary school unless they are really wanting to get out.

I had one play under Tomlin and I have 1 in the basketball program now. Any comparisons between Tomlin and Hargraves are unfair to both men. As far as the new coach, I have an extreme amount of confidence in the new Supt. I just want some continuity. I had 4 head baseball coaches in 4 years at Lee. I don't wish that kind of ordeal on my child.

mestang, you have got to be kidding.

with a region with tenaha, martin's mill, etc., it's an honor just to get to the regional tournament. state tournaments are few and far between.

and, i don't think its underachieving when you get your kids a week beofre the uil mandated 5 days off, then go off to a tournament and ft. worth and play your butt off. that's good athletes and good coaching.

and another thing. this is a great site that garners great discussion. but i wish, just once, somebody doesn't get on here and say something negative, like your backhanded comment on cayuga not reaching the state tournament. good grief. keep this on the discussion. i just posted that jenkins and the other greg would be great fits at bullard, plain and simple.

they have both won a ton of games. so, something has to be going right.

Just talked to Coach J and he agrees that his teams have underachieved. Like he said," when the goal is to win the ring and you don't you underachieved". His peers at TABC must not agree. He was chosen 1A Coach of The Year this year. The run at Cayuga in basketball is unreal in my mind. 3 straight reg tourn appearances. Lose your stud player to Knee and in the reg finals. Start Fr./3 Sophs/Sr two yrs ago go 28-3 vs tons of 3A teams and this region. 3 yrs ago was a dream run to reg. tourn for a group of kids that had not won but 20 games IN 3 yrs of HS and their SR. year they go 25-9 and reg tourn. Great run my friend. Great run. I have know Greg my whole life and nobody as more passion, intensity about the game the him. Cayuga is lucky.

i have seen both greg's that you guys speak of from cayuga and have coached against them...for one, jenkins has a heck of a team and had a heck of a run..1a coach of the year and very deserving of any award..saw him and his counterpart at the azalea all-star game coaching..the other greg and his squads have racked up a ton of wins the last two years in baseball and has a really young team, so not sure if he would entertain any offer right now either..but you never know with these two. but someone on here brought up bullard needing enthusiasm and what not, so its only fitting you mention these two names.

• 3 weeks later...
greg jenkins from cayuga would be a fantastic candidate for bullard. he has built a solid program, with deep, deep numbers thanks to his involvement with the kids at the lower levels. has taken his team to the regional tournament the last two years with sophs, and jr.s. he is just a proven winner with a lot of enthusiasm, and that's what bullard could use right now.

heard there was another bullard assistant job open as well. while they're at it, take both greg's from cayuga. greg jenkins and greg branch, the baseball coach. those two guys' enthusiam for their sports and their kids is second to none, and the kids absolutely love em.

Those two coaches have built power programs from less than scratch, I would not think they would leave now considering the talent that each have on their respective teams. A good coach rebuilds a program with the intent of winning a championship, and as of right now, they have the horses to possibly do that in their respective sport. Cayuga has become a 1a powerhouse due to the efforts of the AD (Allison) and his group of coaches. In a cople of years I would imagine they all will be able to cherry pick the jobs they want. I think Bullard has a long way to go to be able to attract coaching talent of that caliber. Just my opinion as an outsider (Paris)

Trust me, I hope Bullard keeps the real estate market the way it is. Look at what happened to Pine Tree when anyone and their dog could rent a house or apt., in that district. One of the reasons I moved my family to Bullard was it's like being in Mayberry. lol It's a great place to live and raise your family, let's keep it that way.