18-AA, 7th & 8th Grade Teams

What are your 7th and 8th grade teams going to look like this year?

EF's 8th grade team should be really good. Like last year, just more of the same, and bigger and faster.

Everybody is excited to get started and pick up where they left off last year. We should be solid at most positions, just hope they have matured a little and can cut down on some of the mistakes. We look for the defense to be very aggressive. The offense should have a balanced attack of running and passing. Don't know what formations they are using yet.

Not sure what the 7th grade team will do yet.

Not sure about 18-AA but in 17-AA the Ore City 8th grade is looking very good even though they lost their starting RB from their 7th grade year. The current 7th grade should have some success, they have some good size and some speed.

Daingerfield's 8th grade should be very good also if the RB Ore City lost did, in fact, move to Daingerfield. They were a good team last year in 7th grade and will only be better with the possible addition of a very good RB.

Sabine 7th and 8th teams both have a phenomenal athlete in their respective backfields. The other surrounding positions and blocking will be the key. 7th line is reportedly small.

8th has some talent, but will need to get more physical than they were at the end of last season, after getting out to a great start.

• 2 weeks later...

Daingerfield's 8th grade should be very good also if the RB Ore City lost did, in fact, move to Daingerfield. They were a good team last year in 7th grade and will only be better with the possible addition of a very good RB.

Yes, rumor has held true.

We will have our first challenge tonight against Celina.

This is a great group of boys, and I wish them the best! Ore City will be "the game of the year" for this 8th grade!

E.F. vs Hooks Results

7th Grade 22 - 6, Hooks

8th Grade 44 - 0, E.F. - EF scores 4 defensive TD's on fumble recoveries and take aways. Offense only had about 3 offensive plays from scrimmage other than 2 point conversions, scored 2 TD's, made 4 of 6 extra points. 30 minute lightning delay in 2nd quarter.

Way to go Jackets!

Yes, rumor has held true.

We will have our first challenge tonight against Celina.

This is a great group of boys, and I wish them the best! Ore City will be "the game of the year" for this 8th grade!

Glad Cordarius is on a good team but I would really rather see him still in the Black and Gold. The D'field 8th grade team dominated Celina. Ore City 8th grade dominated Beckville. I hope both teams are undefeated when they meet this season, it should be an awesome game. Last year's game was really fun to watch... maybe less so for the D'field fans but it was a great game.

Glad Cordarius is on a good team but I would really rather see him still in the Black and Gold. The D'field 8th grade team dominated Celina. Ore City 8th grade dominated Beckville. I hope both teams are undefeated when they meet this season, it should be an awesome game. Last year's game was really fun to watch... maybe less so for the D'field fans but it was a great game.

I couldn't agree with you more!! That was truly a great game, that you don't get to see much of in Jr.High.

Glad to hear Ore City did so well.

Keep me posted throughout the season.

Can't wait for the rematch!

Was that the little back that used to play for Ore City in Pee Wee Ball? If so he was bad to the bone, even as a 6th grader, used to give us fits at EF. If it's the same kid that was a great addition for Dangerfield's future teams.

E.F. vs Hooks Results

7th Grade 22 - 6, Hooks

8th Grade 44 - 0, E.F. - EF scores 4 defensive TD's on fumble recoveries and take aways. Offense only had about 3 offensive plays from scrimmage other than 2 point conversions, scored 2 TD's, made 4 of 6 extra points. 30 minute lightning delay in 2nd quarter.

Way to go Jackets!

Sounds like a good ef team again played a good a game down in white oak excited about this year too

White Oak 8th grade won 24 to 6 over Rains only td White Oak gave up was on kick return defense looked pretty solid and offense has a fast fb that kid can fly

Sounds like a good ef team again played a good a game down in white oak excited about this year too

White Oak 8th grade won 24 to 6 over Rains only td White Oak gave up was on kick return defense looked pretty solid and offense has a fast fb that kid can fly

EF and WO will be a great game, as it was last year. They gave us probably the strongest challenge last year. My son saw 5 to 6 WO players he played against last year at the Jay Novacek camp this year and several of them were outstanding, seemed to be really focused on improving. I think anytime you have that many guys from a team participating in the summer camps it certainly helps your chances for a stronger team. Good luck to you Roughnecks, until we cross paths that is. lol

EF and WO will be a great game, as it was last year. They gave us probably the strongest challenge last year. My son saw 5 to 6 WO players he played against last year at the Jay Novacek camp this year and several of them were outstanding, seemed to be really focused on improving. I think anytime you have that many guys from a team participating in the summer camps it certainly helps your chances for a stronger team. Good luck to you Roughnecks, until we cross paths that is. lol

WO changes qb today he is a better athletic kid but not as smart as the other qb which is know playing wide reciver. We will see how it turns out this thrusday when we play Harmony

Cordarius is obviously where he needs to be......no sense in ANY kid being in a school that he hates. OC's 8th grade will indeed miss this young athlete, but they have plenty of talent to make up for him. If anyone saw last year's game between these two teams, it was VERY obvious that the young man mentioned above "laid down" and almost refused to play.

Folks, the 8th Grade EF Jackets are for real, they scored 30 points on Harleton in the first quarter. Went to 2nd team for most of the remaining three quarters. 1st team offense had 12 plays from line of scrimmage, scored 5 TD's. Harleton came back out at halftime against our 1st team defense looking like a different team with a faster game plan and marched down the field to the EF 3 yard line with a first and goal. Our defense held when they got an interception in the endzone on a 4th down pass by Harleton, ran the interception back to about the 45. Next play EF scored on a 55 yd. run by Tanner Davis. Clock ran the entire 2nd half, Final score 36 - 0.

Harleton, you guys showed some bright spots, especially in the 2nd half, keep your head up. Ya'll played a tough game when you put your mind to it. I don't know what their coach told them at halftime, but it worked.

Jackets you guys looked Great! Keep up the good work.

bigdav u r right... That EF 8th grade team is the real deal. Here in couple of years they will be making some deep playoff runs on the High School level.

Oh yea I forgot to mention they seem to love the contact....LOL

When they hear that opening whistle, it's like saying "sic em" to a bulldog!!! I haven't saw a group that take such sheer pleasure in hitting somebody in a long time, especially that young.

Ore City's 8th grade team played us last week in Van. Even though the score was lop-sided, I came away very impressed with their size and speed. I feel that if they had taken care of the ball better, then it would have been a totally different game. I know that as a coach, that their coaches will get that straightened out, and they will have a very successful season. I thought that #13 was absolutely amazing. I wish we could have kept it away from him on those kickoffs, but that was my fault. What happened to #3. He was in there for a while, and then we did not see him any more. I hope he is not hurt. Good luck this season out there in Ore City. Things look to be good over there this season.

Ore City's 8th grade team played us last week in Van. Even though the score was lop-sided, I came away very impressed with their size and speed. I feel that if they had taken care of the ball better, then it would have been a totally different game. I know that as a coach, that their coaches will get that straightened out, and they will have a very successful season. I thought that #13 was absolutely amazing. I wish we could have kept it away from him on those kickoffs, but that was my fault. What happened to #3. He was in there for a while, and then we did not see him any more. I hope he is not hurt. Good luck this season out there in Ore City. Things look to be good over there this season.

We played that OC team earlier and yes #13 is some of that fast!!!! Heard #3 took himself out of the game....refused to go back out. that would be one gone kid if I coached them. also heard not only is he "reinstated" but didn't have to run or anything. sounds like some coaches my kids would like to play for. :jawdrop:

E.F. 8th grade Jackets win 14 - 6 over Harmony, game called with 1:15 left in the 4th quarter due to lightning.

Close game, Harmony's defense came to play, putting pressure on the quarterback, and gang tackling. They were quick off the ball and would come to see you.

Jackets were able to do what has worked all year, just not as much of it. Mostly it was Harmony's defense bringing it. Had a couple of minor injuries that didn't help matters, hopefully they will be 100% next week.

Another victory Jackets, take it one game at the time, keep up the good work!

E.F. 8th grade Jackets win 14 - 6 over Harmony, game called with 1:15 left in the 4th quarter due to lightning.

Close game, Harmony's defense came to play, putting pressure on the quarterback, and gang tackling. They were quick off the ball and would come to see you.

Jackets were able to do what has worked all year, just not as much of it. Mostly it was Harmony's defense bringing it. Had a couple of minor injuries that didn't help matters, hopefully they will be 100% next week.

Another victory Jackets, take it one game at the time, keep up the good work!

I agree with you about the Harmony defense....they definitely came to play! They had size and speed! EF is loaded with talent though, and they did what they had to do to win.....despite the early injuries. My hat is off to the 8th grade Jackets!!!!....Those kids will definitely hit you....They are very physical on both sides of the ball!!!....I look forward to what should be a battle when they host White Oak this coming Thursday......Good Luck Jackets!!!!....Keep up the good work!!!! :notworthy:

I haven't been able to make it to a game, but I was told Harmony's 7th grade is pretty salty this year. Anyone from EF see the game?

Harmony's 7th grade was impressive....they have speed and size!..... I have only seen them the one time, when they played EF......Our 7th grade is very under-sized....maybe not the best test....but overall I think they are a very sound team!