Waskom vs EF

WETSU

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather conditions look to be in favor of Waskom... As far as the bricks comment i can say that neither of you hae seen these two teams play live. EF is not the EF that played in a state championship two years ago and Waskoms defense is the best its been since 05 when they went 7-3. This defense has the pontential to be better IMO. I do not in any way see this game being a blowout. Honestly both teams will play great defensive ball and with the field conditions like they more than likely will be i dont see either team scoring more than 24. WESTU's prediction... 14-8 Waskom! :happy65:

I think you could tie bricks to the EF players and they still win by 40.

After watching the jv game last nite I just cant see the blow out. On paper EFshould win butwe are talking about 16-17-18 year olds.The story want be about how bad EF beat Waskom,thats no story but if Waskom beats EF thats head lines.So who has all the pressure on them! :banghead:

Weather conditions look to be in favor of Waskom... As far as the bricks comment i can say that neither of you hae seen these two teams play live. EF is not the EF that played in a state championship two years ago and Waskoms defense is the best its been since 05 when they went 7-3. This defense has the pontential to be better IMO. I do not in any way see this game being a blowout. Honestly both teams will play great defensive ball and with the field conditions like they more than likely will be i dont see either team scoring more than 24. WESTU's prediction... 14-8 Waskom! :happy65:

WETSU, you should have done a better rain dance. No rain no win. We will take this luck and mark the W down................. Nobody scores 40 on Waskom..............your right it was 41. Final score 41-0 EF. The dogs were called off half way though the 3rd. Waskom had more yds off our penalties than their entire offense had. Wetsu, I'm a big HOMER myself but come on, when was the last time you predicted anything close.

Waskoms defense is better than troups and beides for two big plays troup played well on d. EF will not score 40. I dont think the will score 28... This will be a defense struggle... Mark my words smoaky nation

EEEEWWWWW .........yep you were right, EF did not score 40, they scored 41. I know it's easy to get on here and give your opinion after the game but I couldnt resist. I think the only prediction that you have gotten right is the score before the game 0-0. So on behalf of SMOAKY NATION I Stinger1 present you with the " MARK MY WORDS BUT DON'T TAKE MY ADVICE AWARD" :highfive:

P.S. Hey just for fun "Jimmy The Greek" give us next weeks predictions.

E.F. took this one by a lot but this game, as well as any other football game ever played in the history of the sport, could have been a lot of different barring a couple of plays. I'm not taking anything from their win a W is a W I'm just saying this game doesn't say what happens to Waskom in their Playoff pursuit. The Wildcats' defense gave E.F. a ton of problems in the first half...the DC down there has the "D" extremely fired up and playing well. They came out extremely flat in the third which I believe was due, a little, to the offense struggling to score. Look for Coach Lowe to go to work on Monday with that offense and make the necessary adjustments needed to put the ball in the endzone. They have a tough opponent next week in Maud but when the Wildcats get that offense clicking their district will have an opponent "not to take lightly" in the Waskom Wildcats. This team could make a great run. DO NOT get discouraged Wildcats, learn lessons from every game you play in and we could be talking about your week 11 matchup in a few weeks. Good Luck.

E.F. took this one by a lot but this game, as well as any other football game ever played in the history of the sport, could have been a lot of different barring a couple of plays. I'm not taking anything from their win a W is a W I'm just saying this game doesn't say what happens to Waskom in their Playoff pursuit. The Wildcats' defense gave E.F. a ton of problems in the first half...the DC down there has the "D" extremely fired up and playing well. They came out extremely flat in the third which I believe was due, a little, to the offense struggling to score. Look for Coach Lowe to go to work on Monday with that offense and make the necessary adjustments needed to put the ball in the endzone. They have a tough opponent next week in Maud but when the Wildcats get that offense clicking their district will have an opponent "not to take lightly" in the Waskom Wildcats. This team could make a great run. DO NOT get discouraged Wildcats, learn lessons from every game you play in and we could be talking about your week 11 matchup in a few weeks. Good Luck.

We must have seen two different games. What couple of plays are you talking about. Are you referring to the paper cup game behind the stands or the beat down we normal folks witnessed?

MNM Article

Jackets dominate Waskom

By Jack Redmon, Elysian Fields correspondent

Saturday, September 05, 2009

WASKOM — Elysian Fields rolled past rival Waskom, 41-0, in a non-district affair Friday at Wildcat Stadium.

The Yellow Jackets (2-0) offense churned out 483 total yards in the win, led by Jed Crisp's nine receptions for 153 yards and three touchdowns. Senior running back Tyrell McKee also added 163 rushing yards and three touchdowns on nine carries.

Elysian Fields quarterbacks Austin Delk and Brandon Goyne combined to complete 14 of 24 passes for 265 yards.

The Wildcats (0-2), meanwhile, finished 0-for-13 through the air with 179 team rushing yards.

Waskom fumbled the opening kick and it was quickly pounced on by EF's Dave Carroll. The Jackets quickly capitalized when Delk found Crisp for a 31-yard touchdown strike with 11:28 left in the first.

Elysian Fields' Jayme Ferro then recovered a Waskom fumble on the ensuing drive and McKee later capped that with a touchdown. Santos Duran added his second extra point to extend the lead to 14-0.

After going back and forth most of the second, EF finally struck again after forcing a turnover on downs, taking over at its own 47-yard line. McKee later finished the five-play drive with his second score of the night to move the lead to 21-0.

McKee then added his third score on a 28-yard run on the first play from scrimmage in the third.

The Yellow Jackets followed that up by stopping the Wildcats on six plays, setting up a Delk-to-Crisp 51-yard scoring strike to up the lead to 34-0.

Elysian Fields' ensuing possession saw it take over from its own 15-yard line, setting up a six-play drive that was finished off with a 17-yard scoring reception by Crisp from Goyne to finish the scoring.

The Jackets' Alex Macklin, Carroll, Dwayne Adams and Rodney Sutton each had six or more tackles.

Elysian Fields will open its home season Friday against Hooks at Yellow Jacket Stadium, which now features a newly-added digital scoreboard and FieldTurf.

EF 28 Waskom 0

Waskoms offense is totally dependant on running, passing game is suspect. Not much time to pass, at least that was the case in the first game. Waskom needs to hang on to the ball in order to let their defense control the game. If Waskom is to have a chance they need to control the ball and run the clock and don't give EF offense the oppertunity to score often. EF had some big plays against Troup. I have been wrong before because one game doesn't tell all, but two games might be a indicator of the season to come.

I got the 0 right. After watching the game I believe I have a good indicator of things to come. :cripple:

I will give my view of the game and it is not a good view from the Waskom stand point. EF defense is much better than their offense, Waskom doesn't have a offense as proof by two straight shut outs. EF did call off the dogs in the late 3rd and 4th quarter it could have been worse. I knew that the offense was bad but was thinking the defense would shut down the EF passing game. EF passing was good and they actually had some big dropped passes that helped Waskom. Waskom was cramping up most of the night and I would say it was the weather conditions but EF didn't suffer from the same afflection. EF has a couple of big running backs that carried the load even heard one of them was a freshman. Seems like our secondary try to stay away from those guys when they got through the first line of scrimage. I will end this very negative review with a positive note. The field look great :rolleyes:

It took me until saturday morning to process this game... What i saw completly shocked me and i will eat all the crow smoaky nation will give me. I saw a flat waskom team get beat by a fired up ef team. i saw a waskom defense play very solid for about a quater and a half. I saw a ef defense that was fast and ready to play. BUT THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT FACTORS... Waskom is in the WORST conditioning shape ive seen them in years. They hae always had small numbers but this season they have 40 something players. MAny players only play one way so no reason to be that gased all game. Secondly i saw them come out so flat in the third quater i think the jv squad could have played better. And i blame some of that on coaching not getting them fired up. Thats why this game was 41-0 and not maybe 28-0. Waskoms defense could play with ef when they wanted to... They gave up 3 tds in the first 5 min of the 3rd quarter that if they werent so flat might not have happened.

All in all i agree with Eyes of east texas... This game does not impact their future and they have the potential to be a solid contender in their district. But its gonna take extreme conditioning changes at practice and a revamped offensive playbook. Most importantly the coaching staff will have to be more fired up. The ef coaches were and look at the passsion their boys had...

Congrats ef and after playing yall grove harleton and winona i believe yall should not have a problem getting into the playoffs.

It took me until saturday morning to process this game... What i saw completly shocked me and i will eat all the crow smoaky nation will give me. I saw a flat waskom team get beat by a fired up ef team. i saw a waskom defense play very solid for about a quater and a half. I saw a ef defense that was fast and ready to play. BUT THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT FACTORS... Waskom is in the WORST conditioning shape ive seen them in years. They hae always had small numbers but this season they have 40 something players. MAny players only play one way so no reason to be that gased all game. Secondly i saw them come out so flat in the third quater i think the jv squad could have played better. And i blame some of that on coaching not getting them fired up. Thats why this game was 41-0 and not maybe 28-0. Waskoms defense could play with ef when they wanted to... They gave up 3 tds in the first 5 min of the 3rd quarter that if they werent so flat might not have happened.

All in all i agree with Eyes of east texas... This game does not impact their future and they have the potential to be a solid contender in their district. But its gonna take extreme conditioning changes at practice and a revamped offensive playbook. Most importantly the coaching staff will have to be more fired up. The ef coaches were and look at the passsion their boys had...

Congrats ef and after playing yall grove harleton and winona i believe yall should not have a problem getting into the playoffs.

Good Post

WETSU you are right, Waskom looked really Gassed after the 1st quarter. The Wildcat D line looks the part I.E. Big and Strong but after about 15-16 minutes of EF going no huddle you could tell it was taking its toll on the guys up front. Hopefully you guy's can get things together before district starts, best of luck the rest of the year.

It is amazing how yall Waskom fans were on here four days ago praising the coaches and the team and now yall are throwing them to the wolves!!
I don't think anyone has been giving that kind of praise, maybe some where being hopefull that Waskom was better than maybe they are. The season has just started and there is plenty of time for the coaches to make corrections. I haven't seen any thing bad said about the coaching since most of that kind of stuff is not allowed. I do think the defense is better and the offense needs some work. Waskom can have a good season because all of the teams we will be playing the rest of the season are smaller schools. Also the wolves have been howling for years in Waskom and from what I have seen outside of maybe one nobody has been asked to leave:) and that one unjustifably so. Waskom is my home and the Wildcats are my team :thumbsup:

My comments were not to throw the coaches to the wolves... I firmly believe in this staff and despite the results of the first two games i believe we will see waskom in the playoffs this season. I just simply made the statement that i would like too see the team in better shape and a little more excitement from the coaching staff. That is not being harsh on them by any means, just stating what i believe could help this team.

After watching the game I believe I have a good indicator of things to come.

Waskom doesn't have a offense as proof by two straight shut outs. I will end this very negative review with a positive note.

Waskom is in the WORST conditioning shape ive seen them in years.

And i blame some of that on coaching not getting them fired up. Thats why this game was 41-0 Most importantly the coaching staff will have to be more fired up.

Not the same view as last week is all im saying. be a fan not a part of a band wagon.

Well I can't say im suprised by the outcome of this one. Our boys at EF were fired up all week long. I think EF is vastly underrated. They are taking everything one game at a time. That defense is really good this year. The new DC is doing a great job.
I was impressed by EF defense, they where hard hitting and aggresive. Your linemen looked small but fast, the linebackers are really good.

After watching the game I believe I have a good indicator of things to come.

Waskom doesn't have a offense as proof by two straight shut outs. I will end this very negative review with a positive note.

Waskom is in the WORST conditioning shape ive seen them in years.

And i blame some of that on coaching not getting them fired up. Thats why this game was 41-0 Most importantly the coaching staff will have to be more fired up.

Not the same view as last week is all im saying. be a fan not a part of a band wagon.

I am not a band wagon guy... Believe me ill still be at every waskom game. I still believe they are playoff material. I believed the end of the winona game we saw the flashes of not being excited at the end of the game. Waskom gave up a the second td because of loss of hope with just a minute or two left. These coaches are on the right track i will say that... Whenever conditioning and excitement are your problems its good because those are two easy things to fix.

Well I can't say im suprised by the outcome of this one. Our boys at EF were fired up all week long. I think EF is vastly underrated.

We have ALWAYS been either vastly underrated or rarely given credit...even two years ago when we went to state, many of the posts said we "squeaked by" in our wins or had them handed to us. But that's all ok...I'm loving the under-ratings we're already getting...means we're gonna have a GREAT YEAR!!!!!