Waskom vs Maud

WETSU

Maud comes off a bye after a tough loss. Waskom comes off a hammering friday night. Which team comes out and begins the turn around...

i believe waskoms defense keeps them in the game but need to find some sort of offense to even make this close. I hope the wildcats can figure it out soon. Their defense is too good to have a bad season because they cant score. If the offense could stay on the field more the defense would play much better then they already are. The 41 points ef put up is not what waskoms defense is capable of. They held ef much of the first and second quarter until coming out very flat and tired in the third. Maud also runs the spread so hopefully waskom learned from there mistakes in the ef game

I am going to start this post by saying prove me wrong wildcats!

Maud is coming off a very tough loss, but nobody makes his kids respond like Josh Finney! Turnovers were an issue with the loss for the Maud team two weeks ago, and i can assure you the issue has been corrected. Maud will come out and put some licks on the wildcat running backs, and unless that Waskom O-line can do a complete 360 turn around i dont see much light for the waskom wildcats. I would like to see Waskom start that number 11 at the quaterback position! Its my opinion that he gives the wildcats a better chance at moving the football. I also would like to see waskom give the ball to number 8 a little more last year he led the team in catches. That kid is also the heart and soul of the team. Now i suppose i will quit my jaw jacking and give smoaky nation my prediction...

Maud 41

Waskom 7

This is no knock on the waskom defense they will play well in the first half! The second half a well rested and fully in shape Maud team will just be to overwhelming.

After talking to some of the players i believe nerves got had the cats jelly legged all night against ef. I believe this week the wildcats defense will play better throughout the entire game but if the offense doesnt pick it up it will not matter too much. I dont believe the game will be that bad but until the offense turns it around i just cannot pick the wildcats to win this one. The offense is way too predictable. EF just simply run blitz nearly every play because waskom has no passing game. That stopped the waskom run and also served as a all out blitz for pass plays. waskom never has any time to do much of anything run or pass. I do not believe the scheme Waskom has going right now will get them very far in district. If it fails to work this week i believe a total transformation is needed. I know its risky in mid season but if the cats dont put up at least 14 this week i believe it must happen. Better to change and have a chance then maintain the old and get the same results.

Maud 21 Waskom 7

EF was a good wake up call for Waskom. EF has about 100 more kids in high school so they have more to choose from. So talent would lean toward EF. Maud on the other hand has about 60 less kids to choose from so the talent should be in the wildcats favor. This might come down to coaching and how prepared the kids are. Anything can happen Maud lost a lot last year but played Tenaha tough. I think Waskom scores in this game.

Maud 33 Waskom 12

Never thought I would see WETSU pick against the cats. Best of luck Waskom

Never thought id see the day when waskoms defense is solid but they cannot score... Waskom has always been a offensive minded team. Even though the defense was very good when Finney was here in 05 waskom had two 1500 yard rushers... So Offense hasnt been the problem. Until these boys learn to put points on the board they can play defense all they want but never win a game. I am a defensive type guy but everyone knows the best defense is an effective offense...

EF was a good wake up call for Waskom. EF has about 100 more kids in high school so they have more to choose from. So talent would lean toward EF. Maud on the other hand has about 60 less kids to choose from so the talent should be in the wildcats favor. This might come down to coaching and how prepared the kids are. Anything can happen Maud lost a lot last year but played Tenaha tough. I think Waskom scores in this game.

Maud 33 Waskom 12

I agree. Maud will not have as much talent as Waskom, but one thing you can count on is Finney's team to be extremely solid. They are coming off of a game where turnovers cost them the game, but they played in "The Pit" in Tenaha and the field was a sloppy mess, nothing but mud. The Cardinals will be up against better athletes but they can and will expect that every week. This will be an extremely disciplined team that is mythodical and doesn't take plays off, they won't commit penalties and they won't lose unless you take it from them. I have to go with Maud in this one 34-13, But I hope I'm wrong. Good luck to the Wildcats and keep in mind the goal of pre-district play. To get ready for district. Be thankful to be able to prepare by playing a team of this caliber and class. Go get'em Wildcats.

I agree. Maud will not have as much talent as Waskom, but one thing you can count on is Finney's team to be extremely solid. They are coming off of a game where turnovers cost them the game, but they played in "The Pit" in Tenaha and the field was a sloppy mess, nothing but mud. The Cardinals will be up against better athletes but they can and will expect that every week. This will be an extremely disciplined team that is mythodical and doesn't take plays off, they won't commit penalties and they won't lose unless you take it from them. I have to go with Maud in this one 34-13, But I hope I'm wrong. Good luck to the Wildcats and keep in mind the goal of pre-district play. To get ready for district. Be thankful to be able to prepare by playing a team of this caliber and class. Go get'em Wildcats.
I agree, playing tough teams prepares you for district play, shows you what you need to improve on. Turn it around Wildcats, the town is ready to be competive again, a upset here would do wonders for moral :happy65:

If Waskom will spread the field and get the speed guys outside thing should work out better. I don't understand trying to run it up the middle over and over when it is not working. We need to spread the linemen out some to create some hole for the backs to have a chance at finding a seam. Is there something wrong with a lineman blocking below the waist? It sure happens to us. #11 should be working out of the shotgun, which will allow a step or two to make a play. He has the better ball handling and passing skills needed to get the ball of clean. #2 is going to be pretty good, but right now is not the time. We want to win now and with the linemen we have, there is no reason we shouldn't. We have to play to our strengths and adjust if it isn't working. We have scored 0 points and that is not going to get it done. Our receivers need to be taught how to adjust to the ball in the air and we need to learn to hit with authority/wrap up.

waskom 16

maud 12

this is going to be a better game than most think. both teams have great coaching staff's but this is the turnaround week for waskom. coach lowe has thrown in a new package on offense this week but idk how much it will be used. i think it will work great personally, and hope it will get our offense going. cant wait till friday! this game should be fun. :thumbsup:

If Waskom will spread the field and get the speed guys outside thing should work out better. I don't understand trying to run it up the middle over and over when it is not working. We need to spread the linemen out some to create some hole for the backs to have a chance at finding a seam. Is there something wrong with a lineman blocking below the waist? It sure happens to us. #11 should be working out of the shotgun, which will allow a step or two to make a play. He has the better ball handling and passing skills needed to get the ball of clean. #2 is going to be pretty good, but right now is not the time. We want to win now and with the linemen we have, there is no reason we shouldn't. We have to play to our strengths and adjust if it isn't working. We have scored 0 points and that is not going to get it done. Our receivers need to be taught how to adjust to the ball in the air and we need to learn to hit with authority/wrap up.

#11 is good but he is also a senior, so he will not be there next year. having #2 switching back and forth will help the wildcats later on next year. #2 is young and has time to grow to be a good qb

#11 is good but he is also a senior, so he will not be there next year. having #2 switching back and forth will help the wildcats later on next year. #2 is young and has time to grow to be a good qb

Next year, we care about this year.If the coach fills 11 is the man we need him NOW! next year will take care of next year I need to see points this week !

Waskom 102 maud -2

We have not scored a point all season! What on gods green earth makes you say something like that? I have heard that Lowe put in a new system this week, and i do believe that is great considering our scoring issues. If waskom starts #11 like i said earlier in the week i do believe they have a better shot at putting points on the board.. If waskom can score points maybe they can upset the cards in this game. But as June told Johnny Cash "thats alot of IFS in that statement"!

Next year, we care about this year.If the coach fills 11 is the man we need him NOW! next year will take care of next year I need to see points this week !

coach lowe has made some changins to the offense that has had a good turn out so im sure they will score this game :icon_neutral:

We have not scored a point all season! What on gods green earth makes you say something like that? I have heard that Lowe put in a new system this week, and i do believe that is great considering our scoring issues. If waskom starts #11 like i said earlier in the week i do believe they have a better shot at putting points on the board.. If waskom can score points maybe they can upset the cards in this game. But as June told Johnny Cash "thats alot of IFS in that statement"!

I'm pretty certain punisher2 was trying to be funny :happy65: :highfive: :happy65: