Dennis Alexander terminated after 4-2-1 vote

Horns85

This is whats wrong with society today,Parents or Teachers can not discipline these kids,because they are scared of the outcome from the public when I was in school I seen more than just a slap you either paid attention or cary your ### on down the steet.We need kids to listen not dictate

• Like 3

Sounds like two board members didn't want to vote to oust an innocent man but didn't want the repercussions of voting for him to stay.

Conflict of interest. Should not have even been present during the executive session if in fact they were.

It's normal for the TEA to side with the school district in stuff like this. I would be willing to bet that you haven't heard the last of Dennis Alexander!

Yes, DA knew this would be the outcome.. They have the school district's back and let the individual fight it out in civil court against the ISD. TEA is not going to put their necks on the line and i say hire the guy back . Then if guy ends up truly injuring a kid, then TEA is looking at a law suit.

Get this....my friend's child goes to Troup. Came home today and told them that a student withdrew because he had been getting threats from the school/community. They moved him down the road to Arp. This child testified FOR Dennis Alexander. I don't care how you look at it....that ain't right.

I agree SAD

I could be wrong but this happened for two reasons.

1. 1-9 had they won maybe this wouldn't happen but again Elysian Fields ( I think ) and Whitehouse had very successful seasons with the previous coach .

2. DA is a colorful guy who rubs some folks the wrong way. I personally like him but I can see why some wouldn't.

He cussed me out once for taping his RBs ankle after he asked me to tape his RBs ankle. We had a few words after the game... He apologized then told me that he didn't even remember it happening lol...

My best friend and I took over a program once a few years ago where we were informed by everyone in the community that the kids needs a huge does of discipline and in the words of a couple of school board members "toughening up".

Fine, they hired the right couple of guys. We proceed to do our thing and in about a couple of weeks we learned that the big shots wanted all the kids in town to get more disciplined and toughened up but their own. And those were the kids that needed it the most.

What they REALLY wanted was for someone to sit on the black kids and leave the white kids alone.

We turned in our resignations at the end of football season. And that place still has never won a playoff game.

• Like 1

My best friend and I took over a program once a few years ago where we were informed by everyone in the community that the kids needs a huge does of discipline and in the words of a couple of school board members "toughening up".

Fine, they hired the right couple of guys. We proceed to do our thing and in about a couple of weeks we learned that the big shots wanted all the kids in town to get more disciplined and toughened up but their own. And those were the kids that needed it the most.

What they REALLY wanted was for someone to sit on the black kids and leave the white kids alone.

We turned in our resignations at the end of football season. And that place still has never won a playoff game.

Thats beginning to be a lot of school districts now days. They want all this discipline until its their child you are having to hold to the fire and then they run you out of town.

The problem is, the WWII generation is far gone. This society will struggle until the next Great War. When we aren't concerned with social media and concerned with our next meal. That's how it is and is gonna be. The tough men, tough parents, and tough life is gone. We have it so easy that we do not have to fight for anything. It's given to us. Rich/Poor......Black/White and everything in between.

• Like 2

The problem is, the WWII generation is far gone. This society will struggle until the next Great War. When we aren't concerned with social media and concerned with our next meal. That's how it is and is gonna be. The tough men, tough parents, and tough life is gone. We have it so easy that we do not have to fight for anything. It's given to us. Rich/Poor......Black/White and everything in between.

+1

Three Reasons Coaches Are Not Respected Like The Old Days

http://mycoachbook.com/index.php/adblogs/1765/2376/Three+Reasons+Coaches+Are+Not+Respected+Like+The+Old+Days#.VsxTQF_K-R8.linkedin

• Like 1

So this is all just a societal problem, kids should blindly respect any coach/teacher/adult, and there is no accountability for coaches because kids/parents have gotten soft. Got it.

I've got no idea how this will all turn out, but it definitely seems like a lot of this stuff has been going on for a long time in a bunch of places and someone got tired of it. Whether or not you agree with that, you only have to look at the posts supporting the coach to see that he is a pretty hard man who uses a lot of colorful language pretty much whenever it suits him. One difference may be that in the old days the players revered him....this year a few guys got tired of it. Either way it's the same behavior and just because it went on then doesn't mean it was the right way to coach.

So this is all just a societal problem, kids should blindly respect any coach/teacher/adult, and there is no accountability for coaches because kids/parents have gotten soft. Got it.

I've got no idea how this will all turn out, but it definitely seems like a lot of this stuff has been going on for a long time in a bunch of places and someone got tired of it. Whether or not you agree with that, you only have to look at the posts supporting the coach to see that he is a pretty hard man who uses a lot of colorful language pretty much whenever it suits him. One difference may be that in the old days the players revered him....this year a few guys got tired of it. Either way it's the same behavior and just because it went on then doesn't mean it was the right way to coach.

I agree with this post 100%. That's why I'm trying to find out what happened. The rest of my post will address the situation and not specific individuals. These posts remind me of the movie Varsity Blues where the town folk just blindly follow a coach. I'm sorry, all adult figures in your life do not have the child's best interests in mind. I'd be danged if i would have followed my high school coach that blindly and if my child came home with allegations I'd definitely investigate. I'm old school when it comes to verbal lashings but not physical.

I don't use foul language nor do I put hands on athletes violently....still have parents questioning playing time. I find it odd they question play calling first, then they follow up their complaints with playing time. I don't know said coach in question, I'm just venting from the other post, but I believe and have witnessed ungrateful parents. I bust my ace for kids and spend more time with them than most of their fathers. So I get very twisted when I hear about a community, parents, board members or admin not supporting or backing their coaches. If parents could experience their kids behavior during the day and see how we juggle emotional weakness, social media selfishness, academic laziness and pure stupidity every dern day, we should be getting a raise and not tar & feathered

• Like 2

Did he actually put his hand on the child?

I can sum it up for you as I am a neutral party and have no emotional stake with DA...

(1) The kids and initial report of the firing is that Coach Alexander "slapped" or tried to cause some harm to disruptive kids during a post practice meeting.

(2) Coach Alexander says he called one kid out for laughing during his speech and gave him a some sort of light smack on his helmet etc to get his attention. Then another kid started being disruptive and he did something similar. Nothing harmful, just something to get their attention.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is basically both sides of the story. The rest of the stuff on here is mostly rumors, assumptions and hearsay.

I have been doing this 20 plus years. You have to be careful. Kids today will bate you into doing something knowing they are wrong and being disrespectful but that you will get in more trouble for what you did. The student can laugh and talk while you are talking and you slap him on his helmet, then he of course makes it sounds worse than what it is and this is what you get.I get that you dont want to blindly follow a coach but why do some of you blindly follow the kids in what ever they say. You know the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

I don't use foul language nor do I put hands on athletes violently....still have parents questioning playing time. I find it odd they question play calling first, then they follow up their complaints with playing time. I don't know said coach in question, I'm just venting from the other post, but I believe and have witnessed ungrateful parents. I bust my ace for kids and spend more time with them than most of their fathers. So I get very twisted when I hear about a community, parents, board members or admin not supporting or backing their coaches. If parents could experience their kids behavior during the day and see how we juggle emotional weakness, social media selfishness, academic laziness and pure stupidity every dern day, we should be getting a raise and not tar & feathered

AMEN BROTHER!!!!