Texans "O" Line

You know, I am not really that much of a Texan's fan, but watching there offensive line play Sunday showed me that they are no better off than they have been were the last several years. After a year with David Carr (whom I was a fan of) Coach Kubiak determined that he was not the QB that he wanted to go forward with. Now with Matt Schaub, we see that the Texan's are no better off. Carr got killed behind that pathetic "O" line but was resilent enough to play through his hurt's. We are not seeing the same with Schaub, but until the "O" line is rebuilt any QB for the Texan's will be running for their lives. Clearly it was not Carr's fault, the only fault he had was not having a "force field" around him to protect from intruders. A young talented QB, I hope will be given a chance someone to hone his skills, but only if he can get some halfway blocking!

Raz,

With all due respect, your must have missed the stats before making your argument. Sacks per year follow:

2007 - 18 so far

2006 - 43

2005 - 68

2004 - 49

2003 - 36

It is important to understand that the sack stat is not all on the 0-line. This number will be inflated by bad QB decisions as well, i.e. not throwing the ball in the bleachers when necessary etc. I also was, and still am, a Carr supporter. But how can you say they are doing the same stuff when the stats say your wrong? Not to mention they are CLEARLY playing much better than they ever have! Even with a dizzying array of injuries. Have you watched the games this year? If so you know its not the same Texans squad. I actually watch the entire game this year. In the past my stomach could not make it through the angst and therefore I usually turned the channel at about half time.

Its easy to get down looking just at the record. However, this team is way better than they have ever been. This was a year that was plagued with bad breaks. Not bad football. This is the first year they have played good football. I am excited, for the first time since year one, about the future.

And RAZ,

Not sure if you are misreading me or choosing to ignore what Im saying. Carr was partly to blame for the horrible records and staggering sack numbers. I still like Carr's potential but we are better now with Schaub. Hopefully Kubiac and Smith can put together a great draft. If they do, and we stay halfway healthy, look out. When Ron Dayne is your go to back.... well need I say more?