17-3A

CEO

I know there was another thread, but I think we need to start the district off with the correct district number.

So far the standings are

Spring Hill 2-0

Chapel Hill 1-0

Gilmer 1-1

Tatum 1-1

Gladewater 0-1

Bullard 0-2

Chapel Hill and Gladewater play on Monday

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gladewater beat Chapel Hill 6-0 or 6-1 last night. The current district standing are.

Spring Hill 2-0

Chapel Hill 1-1

Gilmer 1-1

Tatum 1-1

Gladewater 1-1

Bullard 0-2

Tonight

Gladewater @ Tatum

Spring Hill @ Chapel Hill

Gilmer plays Bullard

Any predictions

spring hill is on top but can they beat chapel hill and their pitcher?

SH is a well rounded team. If they put the ball in play, they will not have any trouble with CH. Have seen Ch play a couple of times and the pitcher is domintating, but not much defense at all behind her. It is a shame as there are a few teams missing the pitching. She is good enough to take a team deep in the playoffs.

Gladewater beat Chapel Hill 6-0 or 6-1 last night. The current district standing are.

Spring Hill 2-0

Chapel Hill 1-1

Gilmer 1-1

Tatum 1-1

Gladewater 1-1

Bullard 0-2

Tonight

Gladewater @ Tatum

Spring Hill @ Chapel Hill

Gilmer plays Bullard

Any predictions

SH DOES NOT PLAY TONIGHT DUE TO CHAPEL HILL SOCCER PLAYOFFS......SH WILL PLAY WED.

Spring Hill should handle Chapel Hill.

Tatum has been playing well, so they should be favored over Gladewater.

Gilmer will beat Bullard (they must be really down this year).

BULLARD LOST THE KIPP SISTERS......BUT I GOT TO GIVE IT TO THEIR PITCHER....SHE DEFINITLY HAS ALOT OF HEART.....NEVER GIVES UP......BULLARD CAN HIT THE BALL THOUGH.....GREAT ATTITUDES....

Everyone needs to remember that Chapel Hill is rebuilding their program with a wonderful

new Coach :notworthy: . Bullard has issues this year also with rebuilding their team - give them

some slack :thumbsup: . Some schools have better teams than other, just remember the most important thing is that the young ladies learn the game of softball.

Gladewater beat Tatum 14 to 8 Bullard beat Gilmer 4 to 3.

Everyone needs to remember that Chapel Hill is rebuilding their program with a wonderful

new Coach :notworthy: . Bullard has issues this year also with rebuilding their team - give them

some slack :thumbsup: .

Some schools have better teams than other, just remember the most important thing is that the young ladies learn the game of softball.

AMEN :D

some slack :thumbsup: . Some schools have better teams than other, just remember the most important thing is that the young ladies learn the game of softball.

Honestly, at this age, they should know the game of softball and its finer points. It is very difficult to come out as a freshmen and never had played the game. Those are most of the parents that are griping about playing time. By the time they "learn the game" , they are out of school.

Honestly, at this age, they should know the game of softball and its finer points. It is very difficult to come out as a freshmen and never had played the game. Those are most of the parents that are griping about playing time. By the time they "learn the game" , they are out of school.

I don't think anyone who knows those two teams believe they need to "learn the game" or that they don't know the finer points. There are young kids trying to fill in holes left by, perhaps, older more mature and talented players. I believe what is being said is this... CH: a new coach, players who haven't played together before (maybe 3 have played together before). Bullard: girls adjusting/learning to depend on each other without the Kipp sisters directing them.

There is quite a bit of talent on both teams.

Gladewater has actually won 2 district games... This may be a record :notworthy:

2 years ago Gladewater beat White Oak and Spring Hill in Districts. White Oak went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs losing to Spring Hill, and Spring Hill lost in the Regional Finals in 3 games to LE with Middlebrooks pitching.

Those two pitchers will get them more than 2 this year.

2 years ago Gladewater beat White Oak and Spring Hill in Districts. White Oak went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs losing to Spring Hill, and Spring Hill lost in the Regional Finals in 3 games to LE with Middlebrooks pitching.

Those two pitchers will get them more than 2 this year.

I hope they do well this year

I don't think anyone who knows those two teams believe they need to "learn the game" or that they don't know the finer points. There are young kids trying to fill in holes left by, perhaps, older more mature and talented players. I believe what is being said is this... CH: a new coach, players who haven't played together before (maybe 3 have played together before). Bullard: girls adjusting/learning to depend on each other without the Kipp sisters directing them.

There is quite a bit of talent on both teams.

Thanks for your clarification. Thought they said something about "learning the game" ! Read the quote know it all !

no need to be hasty. i wasn't being.

they just need to mature together, they know the game of softball.

CH is a much improved team from last year. Lucky for them they have the main ingredient already in place, pitching. If they can build a defense around her they will be very successful.