13-4A

LadyMavsFan

Hallsville has all the things in place (good coach, talent, school and community support) that result in success. It has been going on since the program began in 1996 or so. They breed good athletes in Hallsville. Their team is sucessful year after year because of the talent that shows up every year. I thought they would be down the last two years after they lost their great pitcher. Guess what, their pitchers and defense have allowed only 4 runs in 6 district games this year. I think one of their pitchers has a 0.00 era the first round. They are like Longview football, they reload year after year. I think they were good before Coach Eitel came on the scene. Coach Eitel puts everything in place that keeps them winning.

I TOTALLY agree with you but at the same time I also believe that Pine Tree is THE MOST TALENTED OFFENSIVE TEAM IN DISTRICT and we arent all that bad defensively either yet we still continue to loose games we should win. Hallsville is the most talented team in district defensively and they still find ways to get runs on the board despite being very average hitters.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay - I might question how he uses his pitchers; outside of that what do you have?

In high school softball, how smart you are is often reflected in how dumb you are not. He does not get in the way of his team as many of his foes do but rather puts his team in position to excel, his teams rarely make base running mistakes, they stomp the throat of their opponents with agressive offense, they are solid defensively, they don't make idiotic pitch selection (pitch or location), they use their speed properly, and with talent similar to other district teams they are running away from the pack........call him whatever you like - "District Champion" might work, but you decide.

I agree. See my above post. You are much more pleasant to post with when you state facts and make intelligent observations. What did you see any differently about Longview last night that could give Pine Tree trouble?

I TOTALLY agree with you but at the same time I also believe that Pine Tree is THE MOST TALENTED OFFENSIVE TEAM IN DISTRICT and we arent all that bad defensively either yet we still continue to loose games we should win. Hallsville is the most talented team in district defensively and they still find ways to get runs on the board despite being very average hitters.

In my post above I think Longview scored 2 runs on the pitcher that I said had a 0.00 ERA. If that's so, her ERA is still very good but not perfect.

I agree. See my above post. You are much more pleasant to post with when you state facts and make intelligent observations. What did you see any differently about Longview last night that could give Pine Tree trouble?

They most likely will not roll over as I heard they did last meeting. With your bunch, it is staying out of your own way and scoring some runs. Where was your scout last night? Must not be too worried or home makin' more Kool-Aid.....get to comfortable and you might get burned.

They most likely will not roll over as I heard they did last meeting. With your bunch, it is staying out of your own way and scoring some runs. Where was your scout last night? Must not be too worried or home makin' more Kool-Aid.....get to comfortable and you might get burned.

I dont drink Kool-aid but I will sell "wolf-tickets" .

I would say TH earned this win rather than Marshall dropping a game they should have won. TH's defense made several nice plays the first 6 innings. In the last inning, after two outs, Marshall hit the ball hard and with an error by TH made the game closer than it really was. Errors are part of the game and TH has made more than their share this year causing them to lose several games. But they held on and deserved this win. Marshall is a good team with some good hitters and will do well the rest of the year I am sure.

Marshall has a long history of bunting themselves out of games. lol And I agree with everything you posted.

Marshall has a long history of bunting themselves out of games. lol And I agree with everything you posted.

Well sorry, but you can't have it both ways. Marshall gave it away or TH earned it, but not both........straddling the fence reminds me of some of the PT kool-aid drinkers that have been on here. Knowing the talent that Marshall has, my bet is on them battling at the end to overcome their early mistakes....... which means they gave it away.

Well sorry, but you can't have it both ways. Marshall gave it away or TH earned it, but not both........straddling the fence reminds me of some of the PT kool-aid drinkers that have been on here. Knowing the talent that Marshall has, my bet is on them battling at the end to overcome their early mistakes....... which means they gave it away.

Here is the bottom line.....Texas High won the game and they earned it.

Oh yeah, Texas High most definantly earned that win, but part of good coaching is capitalizing on the other coach's decisions. Actually, I quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote the one about the 'bunt situation'. & no, Marshall can't say they gave that one away. They just got beat by the better team & the better coach. That's the end result.

Oh yeah, Texas High most definantly earned that win, but part of good coaching is capitalizing on the other coach's decisions. Actually, I quoted the wrong post. I meant to quote the one about the 'bunt situation'. & no, Marshall can't say they gave that one away. They just got beat by the better team & the better coach. That's the end result.

All that matters is the final score. Give credit to the team that won they beat you. Should-a, would-a,

could-a hind sight is a wonderful thing. Figure out what you did wrong and work on it. Fix-it come back and take control. All the teams in this district are strong and can beat any team in the district, given the right chance. One error, One pitch, One decision can change the outcome of any game. That is why we love Softball. Who would want to play in a district where all your games were 10-0. These teams will push each other to get better. That is why they are so much fun to watch. Who is going to come out 1 thru 7 we will all have fun watching!!! What talent this district has. "GO TEAMS"

Here is the bottom line.....Texas High won the game and they earned it.

That sounds about like what happened to SS over MP. MP did not give it away. fundamentally both teams were solid and it came down to hitting and running out of time. Funny how this district is playing its cards for all teams involved. I would have never thought TH over Marshall with all I have read.

Interesting how things get twisted! I didn't say Marshall GAVE the game away. I said we lost a game we thought we would win. 4-1 usually beats 1-4. I never said Texas High didn't earn the win- if you win, you deserve to win. There were 3 things that I had issues with during the game. One was the field umpire sending the THS runner home from third after an obstruction call. I have no idea what that was all about. The SS was in the act of fielding the ball so runner interference would have been the right call. I didn't see any obstruction whatsoever. And even if there was obstruction, the runner is only entitled to advance to the base they would have reached had there been no obstruction, which would have still been 3rd, not home. 2nd, we got a runner thrown out at 3rd after a passed ball, and 3rd, we had a batter trying to stretch a single into a double and got thrown out by at least 10 feet. Both of those mistakes cost us a run each.

I'm just ranting about things we did wrong and some questionable umpire calls, not trying to discredit Texas High players, coaches, or fans. Congrats on the win!

That sounds about like what happened to SS over MP. MP did not give it away. fundamentally both teams were solid and it came down to hitting and running out of time. Funny how this district is playing its cards for all teams involved. I would have never thought TH over Marshall with all I have read.

I agree they have 7 innings to prove what they can do. Marshall will get another chance to show what they can do next time they play TH and I hope to be there. I looked SS and MP will meet up again on April 23 this is a game I will be sure to make. That Wildcat and Tiger will go paw to paw. I understand that both teams played great defense and both pitchers were great. All these teams want it and you can tell watching them. It is amazing to watch, they get better each week.

what is the score on LV and PT any body heard?

PT 5 - Lobos 0

Lobos were in it until late although trailing due to a solo homer by Gadt. Longview pitched smart and played pretty good defense except one horrid inning. Not many hits for either side, but quite a few #### hit hard.

Now the rest of the story: Lobos have last place wrapped up and know it. On the other hand, Pine Tree is far from the "best offensive team in the district" as claimed by one of their blind faithful. Pitching very shaky tonight, and as stated here previously they are in a tight race for 5th and going nowhere fast. Tons of speed but no clue how to use it..........see y'all in the cellar.

PT 5 - Lobos 0

Lobos were in it until late although trailing due to a solo homer by Gadt. Longview pitched smart and played pretty good defense except one horrid inning. Not many hits for either side, but quite a few #### hit hard.

Now the rest of the story: Lobos have last place wrapped up and know it. On the other hand, Pine Tree is far from the "best offensive team in the district" as claimed by one of their blind faithful. Pitching very shaky tonight, and as stated here previously they are in a tight race for 5th and going nowhere fast. Tons of speed but no clue how to use it..........see y'all in the cellar.

I thought I saw you tonight wearing a "BLUE" shirt. Pine Tree won and thats all that counts. Wasnt the prettiest win but I will take it any day. Thought the girls did real well and did what they needed to for the win. I dont care if we win the rest of our games by 1 to nothing as long as we win. I am faithful but not blind, you "jack@$$!!!!! Stop hiding behind a screen name and grow a pair!