U.S. Paying for Favorable News on Iraqi TV, Newspapers

sppunk

Originally posted by Colmesneilfan1

If the tree hugger wing of the democratic party would let us explore and drill for oil in our own country, we wouldn't need THEIR oil.

We shouldn't need to drill for our own oil, instead we should be spending millions of dollars exploring alternative sources of energy and set the standard for the entire world, but yet we find ourselves behind in this field of research which I am not proud of, and neither should any American.......

Originally posted by jasonattsu

We shouldn't need to drill for our own oil, instead we should be spending millions of dollars exploring alternative sources of energy and set the standard for the entire world, but yet we find ourselves behind in this field of research which I am not proud of, and neither should any American.......

Mark it down: Jason and I agree.

There is no need to go destroy scenic America. There is a dire need to go develop other fuel sources (hydrogen, anyone?).

Originally posted by 50pinch

With the technology we have today we could in fact drill for oil in AMERICA and leave a very small mark.

But for the bunny hugging liberals....

I am by no means a "bunny hugging liberal" but the time has come for us as a nation to seriously begin to explore and research alternative energy sources, we have become too dependent upon oil, heck, we are slaves to oil, and the time should be now to begin decreasing our dependence on it......

I wasn't referring to you as that.

I also agree with you that we need to be seriously exploring other alternatives for fuel. But that isn't going to do anything for us right now.

We need to drill our OWN oil, look for alternative energy sources and cut our ties with the middle east.

But anytime we mention drilling for oil in our backyard the squirrel kissers get all in an uproar. They make no sense.