Who could do well in 3A & 4a mixed

Firestarter

Overall, the quality of the mixed doubles teams is not there. Yes, there are a lot of lower players (5-8's) playing mixed. It will be hard to get the really good boys to play with the really good girls on a consistent basis. The reality of it is that most teenage boys don't want to play with girls in competitive situations regardless of how good the girl is.

The point of mixed doubles had more to do with increasing the number of kids who would get to play varsity tennis and go to the regional tournament (post season). Since UIL has refused to increase the number of teams going to the "playoffs" in the fall (like they did for every other team sport) and since they refused to increase from 2 to 3 the number of spring tennis entries from each district to regionals (like they did for track), the tennis coaches went for adding another format (mixed doubles).

Tyler Lee did have Johnson playing mixed at TX High in Feb. with one of the top boys and they won the draw pretty easily. Haven't seen them since so I don't know if she is still playing mixed. Did hear through the grapevine that there was an alchohol incident with the team. Don't know name of kids involved, (wouldn't say if I did) but that could effect who is and who is not playing including mixed doubles.

Even if they did, they could have had a bad match. I know that they have been working in lessons with the coach from Grand Saline, who has coached Lorren for a couple of years. So, i know they are improving and putting the chemistry together, so they will be tough. They are a very strong favorite in my opinion.

Originally posted by TheAce

The team of Lorren and Patrick from Lindale should win state in 3A. They have played awesome this year and beat wylies mixed team. Both are super champs. So, in my opinion, if they play well, they will win.

you sure they are both super champs players???

Hey guys. Lorren and Patrick didn't play mixed during regionals. It was the only tournament they haven't. Ace is right, they've done very well together in mixed divisions. They won a tournament that had Highland Park and Plano teams in there.

Coach - yep they are both supers. Lorren is a junior and Patrick is a sophomore. Both have definitely put in the work it takes to be a super. They should definitely be lindale's strongest players next year.

Originally posted by deacon

Tyler Lee did have Johnson playing mixed at TX High in Feb. with one of the top boys and they won the draw pretty easily. Haven't seen them since so I don't know if she is still playing mixed. Did hear through the grapevine that there was an alchohol incident with the team. Don't know name of kids involved, (wouldn't say if I did) but that could effect who is and who is not playing including mixed doubles.

i thought that the team of Lorren and Patrick won the texas high tourn.......????

• 3 weeks later...

Im sure the team Lorren and Patrick will. and its goin to be interseting to see the 2nd team to go will be. I think it will be between the van team and the white oak team. and iv heard the gladewater team is pretty good. so we shall see. its going to be tough i think to see who goes as the num 2.