Worst Tasting Tap-Water you've had??

TexaninOregon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Five0pd310

I think Longview has the best water. They are serviced by 2 different water supplies. Depending on which part of the city you live in you could either be getting Lake Cherokee water or Sabine River water. Each won an award for best tasting water in the State 2 years in a row.

Actually now, Lake O' the Pines supplies Longview as well. I don't know how that changed who gets what.

I think Longviews is pretty bad. Espsecially in the summer months.

Originally posted by RELFresh5

Lufkin is the worst without a doubt.

I remember the first time my mom and me went to Lufkin for a visitor game with Longview in 8th grade that I had some of that water...

It's like I took a punch to the gut. Smells as bad as it tastes along with the fountain drinks...

Lubbock's water.... coachb, the water doesn't have any flavor to it... It's like a warm salty taste.

• 4 months later...
Guest bleedsbluengold24

I used to live in College Station. The water there tasted like it had been strained through an old gym sock. As it turned out, that was exactly how they did it. The whole treatment plant was located outside the Kyle Field locker rooms. Bunch of pipes coming in from the Brazos River with freshly worn socks stretched over the ends.

Originally posted by bleedsbluengold24

I used to live in College Station. The water there tasted like it had been strained through an old gym sock. As it turned out, that was exactly how they did it. The whole treatment plant was located outside the Kyle Field locker rooms. Bunch of pipes coming in from the Brazos River with freshly worn socks stretched over the ends.

So THATS why it tastes so bad! :w00t:

Wal-Mart, Target, and all the other grocery stores around here make a killing in bottled water sales.

I'm not sure what the difference is between 'hard' and 'soft' water, but we're way too far on one end over the other. Taking a shower and getting all the soap off is a chore...it just sticks to you!

Talco, Texas...the oil wells seem to seep into the water table and give it a film and taste like no other...as a kid I worked on a Tom's Peanut Truck and we would stop at the cafe (that used to be there) and the convenience stores to stock goodies...but when we ate at the cafe, the route driver let me taste the water once...after that, and a good laugh at my expense, I was Dr. Pepper only (glass bottle, of course!) from then on!!!!:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Guest bleedsbluengold24

Cunningham, Texas. It may not be so bad now, but when I was a kid, the only way you could drink it was to make sweet tea out of it, VERY SWEET TEA!

Memphis, TN is the worst public water supply I've ever experienced.

I've been in Fort Worth the past 5 years and it's not bad. I thought it was funny when I went home to Palestine and my grandmother's bottled water was from FW's municipal supply.

• 2 weeks later...