NAMMB!!!

flaggurl_07

I looked at the schedule and I am dissapointed to see so few a bands on it. It is a shame that a contest started out with the best intentions, only to slowly start to kill itself by poor managment, and its politics. I remember when I 1rst went to NAMMB years ago and there were over 25 bands participating. Now arrogance has dwindled it down to nothing. The contest should not be about directors egos, it should be about what it was originally designed for. To perserve millitary and let the kids watch other good bands and enjoy the thrill of winning. Instead now all these old retired, and some not retired directors get around and plan out the winners of the contest a week or two before they even have it. That is not fair to take it away from the kids that earned it.

You're right. Back when I was in the Lobo Band, it was the only band to attend NAMMB EVERY year. Well, b/c of the politics in the judging, Longview stopped going the year after I graduated, if I'm not mistaken. It was a shame. I used to love going to A&M to see the Aggie Band after our performance. But, Kingwood always managed to beat us, when we were better than them IMO. Now, Longview will only perform as the exhibition, and Kingwood will walk away with all of the awards probably, they're the only band in 5A Varsity that will show up. I wish Humble and Lufkin would show up, but oh well. I was hoping there'd be enough bands for the contest to last all day, not just 4 hours. Oh well, good way for Longview to shine though. Bet it kills Kingwood to have to come all the way up here for a contest.

You're right. Back when I was in the Lobo Band, it was the only band to attend NAMMB EVERY year. Well, b/c of the politics in the judging, Longview stopped going the year after I graduated, if I'm not mistaken. It was a shame. I used to love going to A&M to see the Aggie Band after our performance. But, Kingwood always managed to beat us, when we were better than them IMO. Now, Longview will only perform as the exhibition, and Kingwood will walk away with all of the awards probably, they're the only band in 5A Varsity that will show up. I wish Humble and Lufkin would show up, but oh well. I was hoping there'd be enough bands for the contest to last all day, not just 4 hours. Oh well, good way for Longview to shine though. Bet it kills Kingwood to have to come all the way up here for a contest.