(13-1)Dayton vs (13-2)Sulphur Springs, Saturday 2PM, Alamodome, San Antonio

wildcat90

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for playing at TS Sat that is absolutley not an option. NFL or the Cowboys are not having a high school game the day an NFL game is there. Reliant on Friday not condusive for Sulphur and here are four reasons why

A)travel on a weekday, too tough for many fans to get off work and make it

B) Much too close to Dayton, San Antonio is at least neutral

C) grass field they don't want the field torn up any more than it already is before two games on Sat

D) the roof is open due to damage from the hurricane the needed repairs can't be made til after the season, which defeats the purpose of an indoor game

I know for a fact that Sulphur Springs is trying to get some chartered buses for next Saturday. We should know by tomorrow or Tuesday. That will make it eaiser for some people to go. I know if they do charter the buses I will be going on one!

Makes no sense? How in the blue :censored: do you figure that? Your a SPREAD team that like to air it out and your complaining why they arnt playing in SFA. Yea that would be smart, lets play in 20mph winds!!! Cowboy stadium is off limits all day saturday, Carthage will be the last team to play there this year on Friday.. They say you cant play at texas stadium that day so where else are you going to go that is inside a dome? The Alamodome is an awesome place to play at anyway, it should be really fun for the kids... There are a #### load of schools and fans who wouldn't care where they had to travel to get to play for a state championship so quit your crying.

Anyone know if maybe there will be any TV coverage? Don't they usually cover the state games at the alamodome or is that just for 5A?

I DON'T CARE IF THEY PLAYED THIS GAME IN DELUTH, MINNESOTA AT 2:45 A.M. IN THE MORNING AND THERE WAS A BAN ON WEARING COATS....I WILL BE THERE!

Oh no, I'm not upset or anything. I'm not from either school and won't be going to the game. But I was just trying to make sense of why they were playing so far away.

As for TV coverage, only the 5A teams are on TV. They're both playing at Reliant on Saturday. Convenient for television too.

Why do you think that only 5A teams are being televised? Last year the 4A Lake Travis game was on TV.

Wow, not much respect for a state championship opponent I see. I hope the kids at SS feel the same way. After beating Everman, sounds like you've got the game won already...just go ahead and send the trophy up to SS high school

I take that post as sarcasim. I promise you that the SS team does not think that they have it won, they will prepare all week. They do not take any opponent forgranted. After the loss to LV, I believe they took TH forgranted and got the worse woopin of the year. Big lesson learned from that game.

All about focus and preparation, stay disciplined...it's the last battle to win the war. Secondary will be tested this week.

Hope we have a big fan following to this game, it is a 5 hour drive. I will definately be there, you just don't know how long I have been waiting for this.

Great job Cats, I have been telling people all year that we were going to State this year.

I am not going to be a person to predict a winner of this game not knowing anything at all about Dayton. But, if SS plays offensively like they did against Everman, all they will need is 2 to 3 big stops defensively to win it... Not saying they are going to WIN or anything, just an observation on what was suppose to be one of the stingiest defenses in the state...

I know a little about Dayton, they have two problems.... Green and Dugat, these two guys are just as good as any, Dayton doesnt have the best D in the state so SS should score AT LEAST 35, on the other hand, SS has never seen an offense like theirs that does it so well... These teams might as well have the same playbook, last one with the ball wins. Or at least the least turnovers, Good luck SS too far of a drive for me, ill be at Waco, maybe I can listen on the way home.

Hey HVille cat....Just wanted to let you know that we had to defend HV against the Everman fans in another forum, they were giving ya'll no respect at all. With that being said, have you changed your tune on SS since the start of the season? I think out of everyone on smoaky, you had the least faith in SS than anyone else.

At the beginning of the year I had predicted that SS would finish the regular season at 8-2. I don't know if it was you, but someone thought I was crazy and said they would be 6-4 at best.

This has been a great year, I love our district and love the support that everyone gives each other. I was not happy when we first got put into this district, but looking back it was the best thing that could have happened. It battle tested every team, it was a blessing that we made it through without injury. Texas High was really the only team that suffered from injuries. If it had not been for their injuries they would have had a rematch with LV and everyone would not be emailing the lady in Waco.

Get ready wildcats. The stampede is coming!!! Yall aint seen nothin like this yet.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

I bet we have. In fact, we've seen it over and over again this season. This team is fantastic.

Keep it up Cats. One more to go!

While I spent my time in the early 90s living and breathing East Texas football while in Tyler, I am a Houston-boy at heart and have been in Houston since 2000. I do think that Sulphur Springs will be a tough opponent for Dayton and it should be one of the better State Finals games this weekend. However, when it comes to Texas High School football, Dayton is one of the most exciting offenses in all of HS football in 2008. Someone on an earlier post said they have seen offenses like Dayton this season. Well, I don't think East Texas has produced many 50/2000/1000 QBs. So far this season, Cody Green has over 50 TDs combined and has thrown for 2000+ and ran for 1000+ and combined with AJ Dugat (1600 yards receiving & 500 yards rushing) is a very tough 1-2 punch for any team to stop. Since the coaches picked an indoor setting, you can bet that they look for a shoot-out between both teams as Sulphur hasn't exactly shut down many teams defensively either. Yet, while Dayton's defense bends some, it does not break in the playoffs as evidence by shutting down Terry after scoring 14 points in the first half and then against Brenham setting up Cody and AJ to come back from 10 points down with less than 5 minutes remaining in the game.

Regardless of offense and weather, I do think it unfortunate that they couldn't pick a venue, outdoors or indoors, that was more centralized for both teams. San Antonio and the interstate highway system isn't exactly driver friendly going into the weekend before Christmas. Oh well, I will just have to listen to the game on the radio while wearing my old DHS T-shirt! Dayton wins by 7 with the first team to 30 points winning!

29inlu.jpg

I know a little about Dayton, they have two problems.... Green and Dugat, these two guys are just as good as any, Dayton doesnt have the best D in the state so SS should score AT LEAST 35, on the other hand, SS has never seen an offense like theirs that does it so well... These teams might as well have the same playbook, last one with the ball wins. Or at least the least turnovers, Good luck SS too far of a drive for me, ill be at Waco, maybe I can listen on the way home.

If it turns into a shootout, that would be fine with me.....

Hey, nice SIG and all, but there's one prob:

Hallsville Bobcat Football

13-4A Hallsville (5-5)(2-4)

State Championship ET 13-4A!!

Longview Lobos State championship game Vs Austin Lake Travis

Texas High Tigers

Sulphur Springs Wildcats State Championship Game Vs Guyer

Marshall Mavericks

Hallsville Bobcats

Mount Pleasant Tigers

Pine Tree Pirates

Good luck guys, Youd be a fool not beleive 13-4A was the toughest this year

Get ready wildcats. The stampede is coming!!! Yall aint seen nothin like this yet.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!

umm, correct me if im wrong but thats the same thing that was said against everman. About how we've never seen speed like that and this was the best defense we'd faced, well look how that turned out.

Get em' cats.