13 4A Monday Night

TrueGrit8

MP 2 LV 1

MP still having trouble scoring runs. Going to T High tomorrow. A must win for MP.

If they can't hit, their season WILL be over. They've had all year to figure it out. It comes down to Texas High or BUST. Their pitching alone will not win the game, period. They have some extroidinary talent on the mound, but the hitting has got to back up the pitching as well.

Marshall 5

Pine Tree 0

Hallsville was off.

Updated standings:

Texas High 8-2

SS 8-3

Marshall 7-3

Hallsville 5-5

Mt. Pleasant 5-5

Pine Tree 2-9

Longview 1-9

Cant help but notice PT is 2-9 in district...last I heard (parents) this team was going to playoffs...what happened to them..anyone know? I just saw 2 games early on but looks like the wheels have fallen off. Just curious..thanks for any input.

Cant help but notice PT is 2-9 in district...last I heard (parents) this team was going to playoffs...what happened to them..anyone know? I just saw 2 games early on but looks like the wheels have fallen off. Just curious..thanks for any input.

[/quote

The Starting pitcher for Pine Tree (going into the season) has been out all year due to a stress fracture in the forearm. Current pitcher was brought up from JV and has done a respectable job considering. Rachel Bartlett ( Pine Tree injured Pitcher) played in one tournament and pitched 3 shutouts out of 3 games pitched. She also played ONE district game in which Pine Tree defeated Marshall 6-1. Not saying Pine Tree would have won district with Rachel, but I think they would have won at least 4 more games.

Who is the MP pitcher?

The question should be, "Who ARE the pitchers for MP. There are 4 dedicated young ladies who can pitch for the MPHS coach. Each are good in their respect and work well with the coaching staff there. Each have their days, both good and bad. With the exception of being sidelined with injury, Anyone of those young ladies can come on the mound and start or pick up where one is relieved. The catcher knows everyone and works with all 4 very well. There's as much as 16 years of pitching experience just on the mound alone. However, those years can't make up for batting but summer ball will be coming up and practice will begin (for most) soon, for next season.

MP's 4th pitcher ( a senior ) has been hurt since the first week of district with a leg injury. She has been greatly missed but has been cleared to play this week. Four quality pitchers this year with three coming back next year ( all with 2 years of varsity experience will give the Lady Tigers a lot to look forward to next year. If the bats get better next year it should be a great year. Tonight should be another great game. Last time MP and TH played it was 1-0 TH with a total of 25+ strikeouts between the 2 pitchers and 4 hits total. Both pitchers were on and the lone run did not score until 2 outs in the 7th. Hopefully tonights game will be another great game