RETIREDFAN1

Originally posted by cheaptrick77
Originally posted by Colmesneilfan1

I'm willing to bet that the kid DOES end up being Jack's.....

... or that is what they want us to think -- only to find out that he is Tony Almeida or Dmitri Gredenko's kid !! :w00t:

That would be an awesome revelation.......:thumbsup:

When does this show get good?

I heard so much hype about 24 that I tried watching season 1 on DVD. Honestly, I couldn't make it through the first episode without falling asleep. I decided to press on and finished the first disc, but I'm still unimpressed. It all plays like a really cheesey action movie.

Do the seasons get any better? Or if you're not a fan of the action genre is it impossible to enjoy the series?

^ Give it a chance ... YES, it does get better -- and I wouldn't consider myself a "fan" of the action-movie genre (at least post-1980 action movies).

Season 1's season finale is one of the best in TV history.

It does get better with each season . . . seasons 4 and 5 are the two best, IMHO.

Originally posted by DLeihman32878

When does this show get good?

I heard so much hype about 24 that I tried watching season 1 on DVD. Honestly, I couldn't make it through the first episode without falling asleep. I decided to press on and finished the first disc, but I'm still unimpressed. It all plays like a really cheesey action movie.

Do the seasons get any better? Or if you're not a fan of the action genre is it impossible to enjoy the series?

Typical liberal response to GOOD TV. :whistle:

Hey -- judging from the previews of next week's episode, the former First Lady (Martha Logan) is now "with" :hug: my all-time favorite 24 character, Aaron Pierce !!!

^ Trivia: Jack and Aaron Pierce are the only characters who have appeared in all six seasons of 24 ;)

Martha Logan had a very eventful episode tonight. First, she killed Charles Logan, the ex-President and her ex-husband. Then she convinced Subarov's wife to allow the assault on the Russian embassy in LA. CTU now knows where the nukes are, and it's going to be a race to stop them from being detonated next week. Am I the only one who likes the way President Daniels is handling the situation???

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Liked the way the season ended, even though it was not quite as dramatic as previous seasons.

Story lines we’ll have to wait until January 2008 to see how they play out:

Jack on the run, AGAIN!

Chloe’s with child, but it is Morris’?

Did Phillip Bauer escape before the missiles arrive on the oil derrick?

Do Audrey Rains, Wayne Palmer, Mike Doyle recover?

What will they do to Chang?

Will William Devane who plays James Heller receive a lip enhancement to cover that enormous set of choppers?

Hey -- leave William Devane alone !! :whome:

Season 6 was a notch below the fabulous Season 5 ... but, like The Sopranos, still better than anything else on televison.

I thought the "ocean" sounds in the background as the final seconds of the season "ticked away" was pretty cool ;)

See you in January 2008..........

BTW -- did I miss something: why did Cheng give the circuit board back to Philip when they spotted Jack and Bill's helicopter approaching ??? :unsure:

Originally posted by cheaptrick77

Hey -- leave William Devane alone !! :whome:

Aw, I was just funning. Devane's one of my favorite actors.

BTW -- did I miss something: why did Cheng give the circuit board back to Philip when they spotted Jack and Bill's helicopter approaching ??? :unsure:

You didn't miss anything. Nothing prior was said. The only thing I can come up with is that Cheng knew there was probably going to be trouble on deck, so he left it with Phillip so that it wouldn't fall in the good guys hand. I guess that could be something for Season 7.

Man, more than 7 months to wait!

5351:59 tick,tick,tick....