District 17-4a Standings

jon98

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that by this point in the season, hardly any teams are playing at FULL strength. There

are all sorts of situations that could change the outcome of any game on any given night. The

fact that you continue to bring up the fact about Athens being back to full strength is so annoying.

Others teams may not have had to deal with that same type of situation but other teams are

plagued by injury, cards, other activities, grades, sickness and all types of things. If EVERY team

could play at "full strength" and play their best every night then everything would just be all

peachy but that just isn't reality.

amen sister. we are tired of excuses and athens is at the top of the list.

I think that by this point in the season, hardly any teams are playing at FULL strength. There

are all sorts of situations that could change the outcome of any game on any given night. The

fact that you continue to bring up the fact about Athens being back to full strength is so annoying.

Others teams may not have had to deal with that same type of situation but other teams are

plagued by injury, cards, other activities, grades, sickness and all types of things. If EVERY team

could play at "full strength" and play their best every night then everything would just be all

peachy but that just isn't reality.

I Agree with you every team has had one or the other effects but thats how soccer is!

Hey guys on here have you ever thought about that the people talking about Athens being at full strength and how they are good when all together, are not even players on the team... The Athens soccer team is not making excuses they are busting their butts just like all the other teams. The excuses are coming from people who do not even play so give it a rest. And elchido stop talking about how Athens can dominate all these teams.. just let those guys play before you do all that talking

Truss me, Athens is better than what you all think with a full strength. You haven’t seen them playing with all their starters. If they were good enough to dominate Brenham, I’m sure they can control Lindale as well.

My memory is blurry, it comes with old age. But didn't Athen's dominate Brenham in the play-offs last year and still manage to lose 3-0?

:happy65:

Or are you talking about the the way Athens dominated Brenham to a 2-2 draw this year?

Just looking for a little clartification here, El Chido.....

Lindale defeated CH last night 5-2. They looked sharp and fresh. CH played hard and never gave up. 4 starters were pulled and the goalie after we were up 4-0, CH put 2 in and needless to say, things were rearranged.

thanks for telling us you gave up 2 goals without all starters out there. give us another post when you guys play someone tougher like PT. your only goal against them was an own goal. I forgot you had guys missing for that game also. I was at the CH game and i think my brother that is 9 could score on that keeper from CH. we are happy for you 12fan :happy65:

thanks for telling us you gave up 2 goals without all starters out there. give us another post when you guys play someone tougher like PT. your only goal against them was an own goal. I forgot you had guys missing for that game also. I was at the CH game and i think my brother that is 9 could score on that keeper from CH. we are happy for you 12fan :happy65:

more babbling's of a simpleton.

Estimating that Marshall beat Eustace, this will be the updating in D17-4A:

1st Lindale 12-1-0 36pts

2nd Pine Tree 11-2-1 35pts

3rd Marshall 8-5-0 24pts

4th Athens 6-7-0 18pts

5th Kilgore 6-7-0 18pts

6th Chapel Hill 6-7-0 18pts

7th Hallsville 6-7-0 18pts

8th Whitehouse 4-9-1 13pts

9th Eustace 0-14-0 0pts

Estimating that Marshall beat Eustace, this will be the updating in D17-4A:

1st Lindale 12-1-0 36pts

2nd Pine Tree 11-2-1 35pts

3rd Marshall 8-5-0 24pts

4th Athens 6-7-0 18pts

5th Kilgore 6-7-0 18pts

6th Chapel Hill 6-7-0 18pts

7th Hallsville 6-7-0 18pts

8th Whitehouse 4-9-1 13pts

9th Eustace 0-14-0 0pts

not sure why athens is always in 4th in ur standings but its a tie. meaning all four are in 4th.

WH and AThens played last night, from what i saw at this game WH shouldn't be as low as they are. Athens had some players back but still had trouble playin in the underwater field at House. WH is a class act team with more talent then some of the teams above them (Marshall) and Athens is back in buisness with their team. Hope its not to late to get that last spot in playoff's. 3-2 athens won. :whome:

So many Marshall haters.... Marshall must get to play 11v9 everytime they win... i mean how can anyone honestly say that whitehouse has more talent than them? What credentials do you have to have to say one team is better than another... I go by head to head matchups .. i believe that they split this year... ok push lets go to record... easy advantage marshall... ok next quality wins.. who has Whitehouse just really beat? they tied PT... Marshall beat PT. Do I think a team like Marshall has what it takes? Only time will tell... the fact of the matter is that they have managed to win more games than anyone else below them right now... therefore they are the better team RIGHT now. That could change in a week but I feel that this district had some really great games this year and if your going to speak on opinion atleast be able to back it up.