White Oak vs. New Waverly

snuffy

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not seeing the logic here. White Oak split with Harleton on the year, 2 one run games. New Waverly took 2 out of 3 without even coming close to fulfilling their potential at the plate. Lastly, WO hasn't faced a Matt Roberts yet in these playoffs... I think you'll come to find that out. In fact, the whole staff gave up only 4 runs (2 earned) all series against Harleton.

We feel NW didn't get to see the potential of the Wildcat bats, but this also comes at a place in the playoffs that everyone gets better and better each week. Roberts was the best pure pitcher we had seen all year and this had a lot to do with the hitting of the Wildcats, if he is on top of his game the WO series should and will be a good one and lastly the Wildcat staff didn't give up a bunch of earned runs in the series either. When a total of 10 runs are scored in 21 innings of baseball doesn't really matter if earned or not just shows that two teams were pretty even and runs were hard to come by.

Also love that he's more impressive in the fifth than he is in the first.

when we played w.o. it seemed like juice got stronger as the game went along. was harder to hit as the game went on. gona be a good one between these 2 teams

I'm not seeing the logic here. White Oak split with Harleton on the year, 2 one run games. New Waverly took 2 out of 3 without even coming close to fulfilling their potential at the plate. Lastly, WO hasn't faced a Matt Roberts yet in these playoffs... I think you'll come to find that out. In fact, the whole staff gave up only 4 runs (2 earned) all series against Harleton.

w.o. faced fieldan from harmony, who in my opinion has the strongest arm around. they hit him pretty well and he threw in the high 80's. havent seen the roberts kid throw but gotta figure fieldan threw harder. of course, you can throw 70 and be just as affective if you know how to hit spots. we played w.o. 4 times this year and all i can say is they can hit!

w.o. faced fieldan from harmony, who in my opinion has the strongest arm around. they hit him pretty well and he threw in the high 80's. havent seen the roberts kid throw but gotta figure fieldan threw harder. of course, you can throw 70 and be just as affective if you know how to hit spots. we played w.o. 4 times this year and all i can say is they can hit!

Haven't seen the kid from harmony, but Roberts shutout WO last year. In fact, the only team he has lost to in the last two years was last year to Danbury in a warmup game; WO should remember his dominance well. Bohannon pitched gem in game 2 and if it weren't for a superb performance from the game two pitcher from Harleton, it would have been over in 2. I think this is going to be another great matchup of 2 well matched teams.

NW hadnt seen pitching like Harletons evidently, WO's pitching is very compairable to Harletons pitching, WO's bats are better than NW by far...

NW caught Harleton in a hitting slump.. NW caught a break when Harletons #3 pitcher started cramping up in the third game with a 1 run lead, that was the momentum changer...

NW didn't get a hit out of the infield in game 2.. 2 hits, a bunt down the line, and a ball off the glove of the pitcher that also took a wicked hop at 2nd base.. WO will outhit NW imo...

NW hadnt seen pitching like Harletons evidently, WO's pitching is very compairable to Harletons pitching, WO's bats are better than NW by far...

NW caught Harleton in a hitting slump.. NW caught a break when Harletons #3 pitcher started cramping up in the third game with a 1 run lead, that was the momentum changer...

NW didn't get a hit out of the infield in game 2.. 2 hits, a bunt down the line, and a ball off the glove of the pitcher that also took a wicked hop at 2nd base.. WO will outhit NW imo...

So I guess this means that WO's bats are also "far" superior to Harleton's? The 2 one run games y'all played don't seem to indicate that, but NW scored more than Harleton, so it's only logical. Anyway, I forgot NW wasn't part of district 18-2A (a.k.a. Baseball's Mecca). Bulldogs have no chance. WO in 2. :notworthy:

So if Harelton slumped is it not possible NW did also?

And yes the number three cramps up so number one gets brought in to face the same guy who was 2-3 off him in game one? We see how that turned out.

Also did we forget harelton won on an error theoretically. Either way there will never be another team like the fabled necks... hope NW has some good plans for the summer

From listening to the guys from New Waverly it just seems they think they are going to just beat white oak like it is nothing. White Oak will not take anybody lightly and has a ton of respect for New Waverly. You dont get this far by accident! I know that New Waverly feels like Roberts is unbeatable and thats why they tried to go one game with White Oak. Lets hope whoever wins goes on and wins a state championship out of this region.

From listening to the guys from New Waverly it just seems they think they are going to just beat white oak like it is nothing. White Oak will not take anybody lightly and has a ton of respect for New Waverly. You dont get this far by accident! I know that New Waverly feels like Roberts is unbeatable and thats why they tried to go one game with White Oak. Lets hope whoever wins goes on and wins a state championship out of this region.

I believe the attempt to get a one game series was caused by a number of things. For one, yes, Matt Roberts is very good, and would be tough to beat. Also, New Waverly hasn't lost the first game of a playoff series in 3 years... so why not make that the only game? and last not but least, you may be able to keep the mighty WO bats off balance for one game, but never 3! :notworthy:

From listening to the guys from New Waverly it just seems they think they are going to just beat white oak like it is nothing. White Oak will not take anybody lightly and has a ton of respect for New Waverly. You dont get this far by accident!

I don't know what post resounds that message. A good series awaits but saying they have respect for NW was easily belied by their actions last time the trams met.

From listening to the guys from New Waverly it just seems they think they are going to just beat white oak like it is nothing.

This is such a laughable post. If you think there are more people in this thread thinking NW is going to win 'like it is nothing' compared to the other way around you're in denial. From the first week of playoffs this entire forum has been on White Oak's jocks and to an extent deservedly so. I just find it amusing that the first time another team has several people thinking they can beat WO the fanboys spew stupid things like your comments above.

I will gaurantee that NW fans don't think they are going to cruise to a win, they're just tired of hearing that their the team that doesn't have a shot.

I understand that East Texas is more a football powerhouse thus the reason I wish I lived her since I was a kid and not only the past year, but if you watched that first game between Harleton and New Waverly and came away not impressed with New Waverly's bats you should stick to football. It took some ridiculous defensive plays and some luck to keep that game close, such as New Waverly smashing it right at Harleton players. Those #### hit gaps and then you're impressed with the hitting, I guess? That's not how baseball works.

EDIT: are you serious take base off of baseball and that word gets blanked? lol

This is such a laughable post. If you think there are more people in this thread thinking NW is going to win 'like it is nothing' compared to the other way around you're in denial. From the first week of playoffs this entire forum has been on White Oak's jocks and to an extent deservedly so. I just find it amusing that the first time another team has several people thinking they can beat WO the fanboys spew stupid things like your comments above.

I will gaurantee that NW fans don't think they are going to cruise to a win, they're just tired of hearing that their the team that doesn't have a shot.

I understand that East Texas is more a football powerhouse thus the reason I wish I lived her since I was a kid and not only the past year, but if you watched that first game between Harleton and New Waverly and came away not impressed with New Waverly's bats you should stick to football. It took some ridiculous defensive plays and some luck to keep that game close, such as New Waverly smashing it right at Harleton players. Those #### hit gaps and then you're impressed with the hitting, I guess? That's not how baseball works.

EDIT: are you serious take base off of baseball and that word gets blanked? lol

:notworthy: