Fairfield 42 - Palestine 7

Texasbird

after a crazy 1st quarter the eagles went to work and played a solid last 3 quarters. good to see how fairfield reacted after being behind for the first time this year as palestine got out to a 7-0 lead in the first which saw alot of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, an ejection, and alot of taunting. palestine got into our heads a little bit i think and it took the EAGLES a few minutes to decide they weren't going to come in here and treat us that way. After alot of confusion and an official timeout, don't know what was said but a different EAGLE team came back out on the field. would like to say that coach angel showed alot of class and from what i understand, benched a couple of the trouble makers that just kept at it. he has definitely got them going in the right direction and he sent a statement to his team saying that sort of stuff won't be tolerated on his team. freshman qb and soph running back will be tough to handle next year.

Eagledad you are right that was the craziest 1st Qrt, I think I had ever seen. I applaud the intensity that the Wildcats came out with, That is how we need to come out every game. On the Chivers TD that was called back they called not an illegal block but head to head on the offense which was BS, this after an official from across the field ran over to rule a catch by Bernhard incomplete even though the official right on top of the play ruled it complete. There was alot of trash talk after that on both sides, but to eject Walker was rediculous. No punches were thrown and he was no more giulty of anything than any player from either team. I am not saying the officials cost us the game. We made plenty of mistakes, and the Eagles are as good as advertised. You guys deserve alot of credit. But why could we not get a measurment on 4th down when it appeared the Eagles were stopped short. Instead a first down was signaled without so much as a thought of a measurment. Yes we were behind at that point, and it would not have changed the outcome of the game. From a Pride standpoint out boys deserved to have a measurment there. There were several questonable spots throughout the game, but this is the one I believe killed our boys. Things came unravled before that but they were still fighting, after that it seemed to be over. Congrats the the Fairfield Eagles You guy played a heck of a game. But I will say this was the worst officiating crew I have ever seen. They ought to feel giulty cashing thier paycheck for this game. I believe they were from the Waco Chapter. To the Wildcats, keep fighting we have 2 games yet to play. You are a better team than your record indicates. Emotion is a great thing but we have to control it. To Calab Cargill. You have tremendous talent and are going to be a very good QB, Control you emotions on the field, have a short memory, don't let the bad play before effect the next one. Coaches keep coaching this kid up constantly. To the Wildcats faithful. Keep supporting these boys, they need it now more than ever, and remember a Freshman QB will make mistakes, that is just something we are going to have to deal with. However I think he brings way more positives to the table than negatives. Madisonville won't be easy. they did beat Mexia last night ( kind of a suprize) and its a long long bus ride.

wildcatfan the penalty called was a blow to the head not head to head and from where I was standing it was an obvious call. The player could have bumped or maybe not even have touched the FS and the score would have counted but a obvious punch right to the face/throat was a mistake! As for the officials we have had our share of poor calles against us at home this year and in the past from Waco officials so that is just part of the game you deal with and move on!

As for the future the Wildcats look like a force to dealt with!! Lots of talent and a great guy running the program make me think that good things are right around the corner for the Cats!!

phswildcatsfan, not trying to argue with you but on the chivers touchdown, the blocker following him gave our free safety and nice uppercut to the jaw on the way by. the official didn't call head to head, he said personal foul "blow to the head". i agree with you on the ruled incomplete pass, we all thought it was a heck of a catch. on the measurement, i felt it was a first down but a measurement probably should have been called for and ya'll should have requested one. as far as bad officiating, i didn't see alot of bad calls just alot of no calls. the umpire went flag happy there for awhile against us but the first fumble we had at your 25-30 yd line, our rb was almost decapitated by a face mask that wasn't called and on the second fumble a little deeper in ya'lls territory, a face mask should have been called when the phs kid removed a tooth from our rb and probably almost lost a finger. the cargill kid did make a bunch of freshman mistakes late in the game but you can tell if angel sticks with him, he will be a good one. as far as fan support, i was shocked at how few were there from palestine and encourage ya'll to support coach angel and his team. they will be good soon. like they said about us last year and i know it doesn't make you feel good, ya'll are probably the best 1 victory team in east texas or texas. #50 is a hoss. glad he's a senior.

Two comments and I agree I am not trying to argue. I happened to be watching the reciever on "the catch" from the press box with my binoculars and I just happened to have the correct angle and it was in fact an incomplete pass. Blow to the head is an atuomatic ejection in high school fottball. I applaud the Fairfield kids for not jumping into a volitile situation. I think alot of Palestine frustration was seen on the field in the first quarter.

Please note that it is note uncommon for an official with a better angle, but farther away to come in and at least dicuss what he saw and if needed, over rule. The mechanics that were bad is when all 5 officials were huddled up down about the 20 and the two team were left alone at the 40 or so when the fraycus broke out. 2 officials should always be between the teams.