The Official Rangers @ Athletics 3-Game Series Thread (4/21-4/23)

cheaptrick77

Martinez is one heck of a find in our system. If he can get to where Perez is now in his ability I like the way the rotation is shaping up for the future. Darvish, Perez, Holland, Harrison, and Martinez. Could be a solid 5 man rotations. Robbie Ross can pinch in a day or two. Now that Pedro Figueroa is possibly hurt Schepp should fit right back into the Bullpen. That be a Nasty BP to Have with Scheppers, Cotts, Feliz, and Soria. Tolleson and Frasor as long relievers.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes in some cases you walk with 1st open to get a DP but to just not to pitch to a guy because of his stick will back fire MORE times that not. Walks are bad. Men on base is bad. It is very easy to say someone should have walked him after the fact his rips one.

Heck the A's cap should have walked Choice in the 8th with 1st base open But the big dummy did not and he hits one up the middle for a Rubie. WOW

Saying stuff after the fact does not make you sound like you know what you are talking about it.

You sound like you would be a hell of a Manager!

Hope you have that crystal ball in your lap when you are managing the game. You will never lose a game 162-0!!

You judge by only the last at bat also. Brilliant

Fail.

I mainly judged by the fact that Crisp is a much more dangerous hitter who also always hits us hard....so no not just one at bat. Nice try Ron.

Yes in some cases you walk with 1st open to get a DP but to just not to pitch to a guy because of his stick will back fire MORE times that not. Walks are bad. Men on base is bad. It is very easy to say someone should have walked him after the fact his rips one.Heck the A's cap should have walked Choice in the 8th with 1st base open. But the big dummy did not and he hits one up the middle for a Rubie. WOWSaying stuff after the fact does not make you sound like you know what you are talking about it.

Bad comparison there between walking Crisp and Choice. Totally different situation and Crisp is a veteran stud compared to Choice who is an unproven rookie. Walking Crisp in game one with runners on 2nd and 3rd made complete sense. It is you who doesn't know what you are talking about.

Yes in some cases you walk with 1st open to get a DP but to just not to pitch to a guy because of his stick will back fire MORE times that not. Walks are bad. Men on base is bad. It is very easy to say someone should have walked him after the fact his rips one.Heck the A's cap should have walked Choice in the 8th with 1st base open. But the big dummy did not and he hits one up the middle for a Rubie. WOWSaying stuff after the fact does not make you sound like you know what you are talking about it.

What baseball much? Managers walk guys all the time because of their stick.

Yes in some cases you walk with 1st open to get a DP but to just not to pitch to a guy because of his stick will back fire MORE times that not. Walks are bad. Men on base is bad. It is very easy to say someone should have walked him after the fact his rips one.

Heck the A's cap should have walked Choice in the 8th with 1st base open. But the big dummy did not and he hits one up the middle for a Rubie. WOW

Saying stuff after the fact does not make you sound like you know what you are talking about it.

Maybe you should catch the ball game if your going to have your opinions on it. Pretty sure Choice's go ahead hit came in the Top of the 9th after Wilson's Double to score Martin to tie it up. But I applaud you for trying to keep up... We just passed the 175 Million dollar payroll in the overall standings.

What baseball much? Managers walk guys all the time because of their stick.

Pretty sure this yankee guy is a Cricket fan because he sure as heck doesent have baseball knowledge. I would certainly walk a guy if the base is empty if he has been laying it on us all day. Managers make that decision all the time and if you dont know that please go back to Barry Bonds last years and let me know.

Fail.

I mainly judged by the fact that Crisp is a much more dangerous hitter who also always hits us hard....so no not just one at bat. Nice try Ron.

Then if you say Ron should of did it in the bottom of the 4th then he should have walked Crisp in the same situation with two outs (man on 2nd and 1st open) in the 6th but didn't!! and he grounded into a 5-4-3 DP to end the inning. So Ron was dumb to pitch him him in the 6th is what you are also saying "Crisp is a much more dangerous hitter who also always hits us hard"

Do you really think before you hit the post button?

Pretty sure this yankee guy is a Cricket fan because he sure as heck doesent have baseball knowledge. I would certainly walk a guy if the base is empty if he has been laying it on us all day. Managers make that decision all the time and if you dont know that please go back to Barry Bonds last years and let me know.

Nobody said anything about someone who has been laying it on someone ALL DAY, and if you do not know that please go back to the posts and read. And you really bring up BARRY BONDS, REALLY,?? REALLY the man of juice, the king of HGH, the great bamcheater, the Sultan of squat, Colosus of needles, the great homerun leader of ALL time?

REALLY? Who did not walk him and wonder why!!!

And working 18 hrs straight and then getting 5 hours sleep, not watching the game my fault chap. I was off one inn.

Managers do not make the decisions ALL the time to walk. WALKS are bad I guess unless you mean to. In cases you do (ESP. if HGH is dripping from his sweat at the AB)

But if you say Crisp should have been walked in the 4th he should have been in the 6th.

And you should be very careful questioning someones knowledge, not everyone on here has just their GED and work with you at the local meat shop. Not caring what you think do not have to prove myself but I GREW up in big league dugouts from the big show to the A.

Then if you say Ron should of did it in the bottom of the 4th then he should have walked Crisp in the same situation with two outs (man on 2nd and 1st open) in the 6th but didn't!! and he grounded into a 5-4-3 DP to end the inning. So Ron was dumb to pitch him him in the 6th is what you are also saying "Crisp is a much more dangerous hitter who also always hits us hard"Do you really think before you hit the post button?

Who said I didn't think that? See, its people like you that come across looking dumb on a message board because you try to put words into my mouth to bolster your argument. I really doesn't work that way.

And why do you have to get so defensive because I criticized a move by RW? Big deal. Am I not allowed to have an opinion? Why be condescending when someone else's opinion is different than yours? I just don't get it.

Immortal does not like Ron, plain and simple. No matter what he does he is wrong. It is impossible for him to give him credit. Just like what Ron has done so far, it is beyond great coaching. He is guiding them in a time when .500 would be great.

I did not say RW doesn't deserve some credit for keeping the Rangers in good shape right now. (ie there you go putting words into my mouth again). I simply criticized one single play during a game....just like I did in the game that Big Papi hit the 3 run jack against us. Again I say big deal. Does it hurt your feelings if I criticize Ron?

And yes I freely admit I don't like RW.I don't like him because we would have a world series championship if it weren't for him. I don't like him because he holds us back. However, that is just my OPINION. And to you I would say you are just a RW fanboy....and that is your right. Please understand that this is a message board and others are going to have different opinions than yours. You really shouldn't take it so personal.

Nobody said anything about someone who has been laying it on someone ALL DAY, and if you do not know that please go back to the posts and read. And you really bring up BARRY BONDS, REALLY,?? REALLY the man of juice, the king of HGH, the great bamcheater, the Sultan of squat, Colosus of needles, the great homerun leader of ALL time?

REALLY? Who did not walk him and wonder why!!!

And working 18 hrs straight and then getting 5 hours sleep, not watching the game my fault chap. I was off one inn.

Managers do not make the decisions ALL the time to walk. WALKS are bad I guess unless you mean to. In cases you do (ESP. if HGH is dripping from his sweat at the AB)

But if you say Crisp should have been walked in the 4th he should have been in the 6th.

And you should be very careful questioning someones knowledge, not everyone on here has just their GED and work with you at the local meat shop. Not caring what you think do not have to prove myself but I GREW up in big league dugouts from the big show to the A.

I sure do like those RIBS! I'll keep chewing on them in my "Man Cave" while watching the Rangers Ball games!

Really first time I remember you giving Wash any credit. I applaud you on that. As for the other play I have not said a word about it, in my opinion your right. I would not have pitched to cocopuffs with a .227 hitter on deck.

Ok man well glad you see where I'm coming from. I just wanna win damnit!

Hey I happen to like ribs!! Why is anybody saying bad things about ribs?

Nobody said anything about someone who has been laying it on someone ALL DAY, and if you do not know that please go back to the posts and read. And you really bring up BARRY BONDS, REALLY,?? REALLY the man of juice, the king of HGH, the great bamcheater, the Sultan of squat, Colosus of needles, the great homerun leader of ALL time?REALLY? Who did not walk him and wonder why!!!And working 18 hrs straight and then getting 5 hours sleep, not watching the game my fault chap. I was off one inn.Managers do not make the decisions ALL the time to walk. WALKS are bad I guess unless you mean to. In cases you do (ESP. if HGH is dripping from his sweat at the AB)But if you say Crisp should have been walked in the 4th he should have been in the 6th.And you should be very careful questioning someones knowledge, not everyone on here has just their GED and work with you at the local meat shop. Not caring what you think do not have to prove myself but I GREW up in big league dugouts from the big show to the A.

So you didn't even watch the game? Lmao!

Oh wait I forgot you "know" people!!

So you didn't even watch the game? Lmao!

Oh wait I forgot you "know" people!!

Yea I work just like you do but I do watch it when I get home on DVR. It is hard to keep up with innings at 3 in the morning. I am fairly new to the south and have really liked watching Ranger baseball over the past 5 years. And I was not throwing around being around the game since I could walk that was your troll buddy telling others about their knowledge of the game Johnny.

My only point is if you are going to say you have trouble with not walking Crisp in the 4th then say Ron did wrong in the SAME position in the 6th.

Yea I work just like you do but I do watch it when I get home on DVR. It is hard to keep up with innings at 3 in the morning. I am fairly new to the south and have really liked watching Ranger baseball over the past 5 years. And I was not throwing around being around the game since I could walk that was your troll buddy telling others about their knowledge of the game Johnny.

My only point is if you are going to say you have trouble with not walking Crisp in the 4th then say Ron did wrong in the SAME position in the 6th.

Its all good man. :)

No more room for Band Wagon fans! Unlike you I have been around the game and playing it since I could walk. My opinions don't mean jack to no one but myself and the fact I hit a nerve with you is even more sweeter. stick to your yankee ball and sticks in the streets.