Palestine vs Jacksonville Rose Stadium

phswildcatsfan

Well, 1st of all let me say Jacksonville played a much more discipline game than the Wildcats did for most of the night and the results showed on the scoreboard. The officials  were pretty solid. There was only one call I did not agree with. The Cats hurt themselves with some key special teams mistakes early, costly penalties throughout the evening, and the Oline struggled with pass blocking all night. J Davis returned to the lineup but did not remain in the game. I hope he did not re-injure himself. The change at QB is not a Bad thing. 17 has got some skill and throws a good ball, seemed like he was not quite ready for the lights of Friday Night, but flashed some really good play in there too. A lot of that may have been the Oline inability to pass block consistently. Grey played well in his new role as slot WR and CB. He did get burned for 1 big pass play on D. For what ever reason in the 1st 2 games of the season the Cats have not been able to put together a complete game. In both we were very competitive in the 1st half only to fade badly in the 2nd half. I do believe we will get it together in time for district play. That's what the non district games are for to identify and fix weaknesses. Many teams struggle early and we are not immune. I will say I am not a fan of Rose Stadium. It is a nice place to watch a game but with ticket prices $2 higher than most and other issues I will keep out of this forum for now to focus on what matters the football... I hope we do not play there again anytime soon.