white oak/union grove

thehammer

It was one of the ugliest games I have ever seen. U.G. could not make routine plays. Couldn't catch fly #### in the outfield, couldn't throw hitters out at first base. The last couple of innings(it only went 4 1/2) White Oak played girls who have moved up from J.V. I felt sorry for the U.G. girls.

We batted around twice in the first 2 innings and pulled most of our starters. The score after the first two inning was 17-0. In the 3rd, any starter that was in had to bunt on the right side or slap on the left side. We quit stealing bases and even stepped off the base with the pitcher in the circle so that they could get an out. Morgan Wilson and and our third pitcher combined for a no hitter. UG could not make a play. They probably made 15 errors.

We batted around twice in the first 2 innings and pulled most of our starters. The score after the first two inning was 17-0. In the 3rd, any starter that was in had to bunt on the right side or slap on the left side. We quit stealing bases and even stepped off the base with the pitcher in the circle so that they could get an out. Morgan Wilson and and our third pitcher combined for a no hitter. UG could not make a play. They probably made 15 errors.

What's wrong over there? Lack of talent?

Just curious....Havent seen the Walters girl name in the paper...is she hurt and that had to be one boring game.

easy to bash behind a screen name, man. there's always more to the story

and quitting is always the answer........quitting is a habit, if she will quit this, she'll quit othe things in life as well

Well now that I know she quit its understandable....after posting my ? I later talked with a freind who told me she quit...then proceeded to tell me of when she played summer ball.. this kid also walked off the field when she was 12U because she didnt get to play 1st base...(Her summer coach had just pitched her, then pulled her and put her in RF) dad didnt like that and told her to get her stuff and get off the field...I guess Hammer your statement rings true...quitting is a habit. She did it then and now has done it again...but then again the parents arent helping .....What athletes dont understand is that your not always going to get along with the coach...This Walters kid had played for this coach for what 2 yrs now...and now she decided to quit...Most likely she isnt being missed by her teammates...

Well now that I know she quit its understandable....after posting my ? I later talked with a freind who told me she quit...then proceeded to tell me of when she played summer ball.. this kid also walked off the field when she was 12U because she didnt get to play 1st base...(Her summer coach had just pitched her, then pulled her and put her in RF) dad didnt like that and told her to get her stuff and get off the field...I guess Hammer your statement rings true...quitting is a habit. She did it then and now has done it again...but then again the parents arent helping .....What athletes dont understand is that your not always going to get along with the coach...This Walters kid had played for this coach for what 2 yrs now...and now she decided to quit...Most likely she isnt being missed by her teammates...

you people have nothing better to do than bash a 17 year old girl? get a life!! and dont talk bout stuff u dont know about

i didn't bash her. i believe it has been you (who is related i'm sure ) that got on here and bashed the coach, called him idiotic. everyone is commenting on her quitting, which obviously has happened before. we know you're a disgruntled parent but do us all a favor and don't project on us. you're the one that got this post going by bashing her coach, so be a man, and step outside that screen name and say what you want to say. there is no one bashing the 17 yr. old. i'm sure you had no problems with her coach when you were 3 rounds deep n 3a, but all of a sudden there was a problem with him because they werent doing as well. if you dont want comments back at you, quit posting!

i didn't bash her. i believe it has been you (who is related i'm sure ) that got on here and bashed the coach, called him idiotic. everyone is commenting on her quitting, which obviously has happened before. we know you're a disgruntled parent but do us all a favor and don't project on us. you're the one that got this post going by bashing her coach, so be a man, and step outside that screen name and say what you want to say. there is no one bashing the 17 yr. old. i'm sure you had no problems with her coach when you were 3 rounds deep n 3a, but all of a sudden there was a problem with him because they werent doing as well. if you dont want comments back at you, quit posting!

Hammer, once again you hit the nail on the head.....I do know what I am talking about when it comes to this young lady quitting. I acutally know the summer coaches who coached her at 12U and heard first hand about how she quit..wasnt so much her as it was daddy...Not sure what caused this latest one but one can only speculate where it came from but your post most likely said it all....It seems if they dont want to open it for debate they shouldnt bash the coach.

hey hammer, don't know the district really but just wondering if UG coach is new and from where. I feel for the team. When your beat down it's hard to stand up.

The UG coach is not new, she has been at UG forever. I don't think she cares about softball anymore.

I have been told the whole story about walters. She was pitching at the beginning of the year. She was not performing well on the mound so she was replaced by a freshman. She was only playing first base. There were some games that her effort was lacking and this was apparently addressed by the coaching staff. She finally was moved to the DP position which is just hitting. All this information came from a wo parent which knows the entire situation. This girl also had some attitude problems which were causing division in the team. As an opposing coach, I have witnessed some of these things. WO has a good coaching staff, and it is ridiculous that someone can come on here and call the head coach an idiot. By the way, the parent also told me that cat69 is either Eddie Walters (dad) or Austin Walters (brother). So now they cannot hide behind their screen name. I am tired of people basting respected coaches and hiding behind screen names.

I have been told the whole story about walters. She was pitching at the beginning of the year. She was not performing well on the mound so she was replaced by a freshman. She was only playing first base. There were some games that her effort was lacking and this was apparently addressed by the coaching staff. She finally was moved to the DP position which is just hitting. All this information came from a wo parent which knows the entire situation. This girl also had some attitude problems which were causing division in the team. As an opposing coach, I have witnessed some of these things. WO has a good coaching staff, and it is ridiculous that someone can come on here and call the head coach an idiot. By the way, the parent also told me that cat69 is either Eddie Walters (dad) or Austin Walters (brother). So now they cannot hide behind their screen name. I am tired of people basting respected coaches and hiding behind screen names.

sry i am in no way related to her. and the whole problems on that team revolve around the catcher Tuel. she constantly thinks shes better than everybody else which causes noone to like her and causes the problems between the team members. the coaches love her tho so they cater to her every need.

sry i am in no way related to her. and the whole problems on that team revolve around the catcher Tuel. she constantly thinks shes better than everybody else which causes noone to like her and causes the problems between the team members. the coaches love her tho so they cater to her every need.

Just wondering, are there still problems on this team if they all revolve around the catcher? It seems like it would be a big blow to a softball program to lose a senior pitcher like they did over in white oak. I couldn't imagine what Harmony would look like without their seniors or EF without theirs!

Just wondering, are there still problems on this team if they all revolve around the catcher? It seems like it would be a big blow to a softball program to lose a senior pitcher like they did over in white oak. I couldn't imagine what Harmony would look like without their seniors or EF without theirs!

cant speak for harmony. ef has only one senior center field

Well Regulator, did you happen to go to the regional qt finals last year? I did, and saw one play that speaks to what your talking about. Walters throws the ball a little wild, it goes to the backstop at Hallsville, Tuell races back, gets there and throws a perfect strike to Walters covering home. The SH runner was in her slide but still about 2 to3 feet away. There was a play at the plate (without a doubt). She catches the ball from Tuell and just turns and walks back to the mound, not even an attempt at a tag. I was sitting on the SH side and everyone thought the girl was going to be out, but not even an attempt to tag her. I hate that her attitude is the way it is but she had to learn it from somewhere and we all know most likely where it came from. Seems if she lost her spot to a freshman she should have worked harder to keep it or get it back...guess quiting was easier. WO does have a good coaching staff and most likely went with someone they thought would give more effort, was more of a leader and had a better attitude....if thats why they made the change then my hats off to them. As far as Tuell....Have seen her play many a softball game and all I have witnessed is a kid who gives it 100% and hates to lose..

Well Regulator, did you happen to go to the regional qt finals last year? I did, and saw one play that speaks to what your talking about. Walters throws the ball a little wild, it goes to the backstop at Hallsville, Tuell races back, gets there and throws a perfect strike to Walters covering home. The SH runner was in her slide but still about 2 to3 feet away. There was a play at the plate (without a doubt). She catches the ball from Tuell and just turns and walks back to the mound, not even an attempt at a tag. I was sitting on the SH side and everyone thought the girl was going to be out, but not even an attempt to tag her. I hate that her attitude is the way it is but she had to learn it from somewhere and we all know most likely where it came from. Seems if she lost her spot to a freshman she should have worked harder to keep it or get it back...guess quiting was easier. WO does have a good coaching staff and most likely went with someone they thought would give more effort, was more of a leader and had a better attitude....if thats why they made the change then my hats off to them. As far as Tuell....Have seen her play many a softball game and all I have witnessed is a kid who gives it 100% and hates to lose..

hahahaha well then u need to get out more and watch some more

hahahaha well then u need to get out more and watch some more

I guess that comment was about Tuell? Let me guess you think she is the problem....but heres the deal...Walters quit, so there really is nothing to talk about. I probley should watch WO more, but why? I like watching really good softball and right now there not there, yet....will they get there, that remains to be seen. After all they are in a fairly tough district.....There arent really any good teams locally except SH and Hallsville.