Concert festivals

DaveTV1

Many of my generations bands aren't going to be performing much longer. Many of them are still on tour, perhaps the younger generation thinks about my generations music as "Lawrence Welk" type music.

These are some of the festivals that I will be at :

Moondance Jam, Walker, MN : http://www.moondancejam.com/

Rocklahoma 2009, Pryor, OK : http://www.rocklahoma.com/

If you like these bands, this might be your last chance to see them.

Thin Lizzy would be bad ace to see live at Rocklahoma. The other is too far away. Although I did find the Zeppelin cover bands name interesting. Haha. I've heard the Zepp cover band to see is Zoso.

I don't think I would want to see Thin Lizzy without Phil. I saw them at the Hirsch, way back in the day, they opened for Frampton. And get this: the tickets were $8.50 :w00t:

I like John Sykes. I don't think anyone can walk in Phil Lynott's shoes, but for $750 3 days of beer and barbeque can't be bad. :thumbsup: I love RATT, and many of the other bands that are going to be there. I think it's a chance to see some musicians that are in their limelight, that I might never have a chance of seeing again.

I like John Sykes. I don't think anyone can walk in Phil Lynott's shoes, but for $750 3 days of beer and barbeque can't be bad. :thumbsup: I love RATT, and many of the other bands that are going to be there. I think it's a chance to see some musicians that are in their limelight, that I might never have a chance of seeing again.

I can't fault you for wanting a last shot at seeing bands that you like. I guess I don't know what you mean by "in their limelight". I consider myself lucky to have seen many legendary bands perform live at the peak of their success before they were considered legendary. I saw Queen in '78 in Belgium. I like Bad Co. Free and the Firm, but not mixed in my Queen. Not to take anything away from Paul Rodgers.

As for RATT - no comment

I can't fault you for wanting a last shot at seeing bands that you like. I guess I don't know what you mean by "in their limelight". I consider myself lucky to have seen many legendary bands perform live at the peak of their success before they were considered legendary. I saw Queen in '78 in Belgium. I like Bad Co. Free and the Firm, but not mixed in my Queen. Not to take anything away from Paul Rodgers.

As for RATT - no comment

Camuch, I wish I was born about 10 years before I was. I envy your generation. I was simply too young to see the bands that my brothers listened to. I wasn't allowed to go see my first concert until I was 16, unless I was with my parents.

I missed out on some great acts. Now, I have a chance to see them in whatever form they are in. I love dueling electric guitars, and I wish Michael Schenker was at the show and I could see this : Warning, Warning there is a curse word on Stephen Pearcy's shirt, which sums up how I feel about censorship. If you are offended by certain language DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO. If you enjoy great guitars, and don't mind seeing something that you see written on any bathroom stall in high school or wherever. Enjoy the solo.

• 2 weeks later...