Middle school soccer?!

SOCCERBUFF

I am just curious if anyone has MS soccer programs. If you do then what did you do to get those programs started? I know the district with Brenham has several MS teams.

I think Texas High Texarkana does, no details from me, though.

Texas High has a middle school program. In the past, I think they have played or attempted to play Mt Pleasant a couple of times. Not sure if weather interferred.

Longview has middle school soccer at all three middle schools.

Well, I am about to make a push for MS soccer and any advice would be gladly accepted!

With money as a huge hurdle, having a money saving plan for the district will be important. You could wipe out the ref cost by having your coaches and varsity players take a ref course and work their games. That and transportation are probably the big money items. The other would be equipment. Have a plan to pass anything needed down from the HS program or share.

When I was at Kennedale I started the JH group about 2 weeks after my season was over so I had a break. I didn't ask for an extra stiped. I just saw it as an investment in the future. We worked out for a month. No games because we were not allowed to travel (shot down by admin). We made the best of it.

At Texas High its a class during the athletic period for the grade level. I think they have a class for both boys and girls. I think it is primarily skills development.

I suggest you get some influencial parents with kids interested in soccer about to enter middle school involved. They can help work it from the top down.