👎 Thanks Obama!

1stSuperScot

That was a good read Bleeds. It furthermore brings to light that people are jumping on this rhetorical bandwagon that Obama is driving without really knowing where it is from or where it is going to. That speech made hime into an educted idiot. Sadly most of the people who loved that speech never gave a second thought to it's legitimacy or factual content. It gave them a few warm fuzzies and that was good enough for them. You would thnk that in the modern time when there are so many con-artist and thieves that people would pay closer attention to things and not take what is said for truth until they researched it for themselves. With speeches like this he is most likely laughing at his constituants ignorance of the lack of facts that he spews. He is probably simply thinking that "They wont know the difference. As long I get them fired up and make them feel good they'll vote for me and not even care what I said." This really make a mockery of everyone on his bandwagon. Brings new meaning to rhetoric!!!!

I believe that...

But yet, that's not all of it.

I would recommend you do a little research to see where the lion's share of funding comes for local education, especially since you plan on being a teacher.

Williams Ayers, radical who lives in Chicago has admitted to bombings in the early 1970's. He belonged to a group that "declared war" on The USA. He said in 2001 they didn't do enough. He and Obama live in the same neighborhood and are said to be friends, by an Obama spokesperson. He also is an Obama contributor. Why would Obama ever associate with this guy? Why would he accept a donation from him? Maybe their beliefs are similar.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8630.html

Guest bleeds

Heard a story on the radio the other day that began to reveal some of Obama's associates/acquaintenences, etc., many of which are very dubious. This will probably come out in the general if he gets the nomination.

I'm thinking Hillary hasn't said anything because of the innumerable skeletons in her own closet.

Guest CNOrtega
We are at war agianst Islam and his name sounds muslim so I will waste my vote on sombody else.

Did you get to pick your name when you were born? I didn't. You play with the cards you were dealt.

Secondly, we are not at war with Muslims. People, especially here in banjoland, think that we're at war with every single Muslim. We're not. Are we at war with Muhammad Ali? Are we at war with Kareem Abdul Jabaar? We're at war with a very small group of radicals. We're at war with probably less than 1% of the world's vast Muslim population.

To finish up, it's always been my firm belief that only a vote for an independent is a wasted vote.

we are not at war with Muslims. People, especially here in banjoland, think that we're at war with every single Muslim. We're not. Are we at war with Muhammad Ali? Are we at war with Kareem Abdul Jabaar? We're at war with a very small group of radicals. We're at war with probably less than 1% of the world's vast Muslim population.

I think most of us agree with you on this, so loose the attitude..I fancy the guitar myself. -_-

People, especially here in banjoland, think that we're at war with every single Muslim.

I sincerely hope that statement isn't an attempt to ridicule white people.

You have me wondering... you said, "You play with the cards you were dealt." Is it a correct assumption, given your propensity to cheat and to teach your son to cheat, that you don't necessarily like the cards you were dealt?

Guest CNOrtega
I think most of us agree with you on this, so loose the attitude..I fancy the guitar myself. -_-

Just stating that it bugs me when people say we are at war with Islam. Lose your attitude.

Guest CNOrtega
Is it a correct assumption, given your propensity to cheat and to teach your son to cheat, that you don't necessarily like the cards you were dealt?

Taken from post #55 of the PATS topic in the NFL Forum...

The thing about my son is jokes. I want him to try his hardest at all things and play within the rules.

Drop it.

Guest CNOrtega
I sincerely hope that statement isn't an attempt to ridicule white people.

Why would I want to ridicule my own race?

I generally refer to East Texas (my home as much as yours) as banjoland, the country, and sometimes the place where the Civil Rights Movement forgot to happen.

I generally refer to East Texas (my home as much as yours) as banjoland, the country, and sometimes the place where the Civil Rights Movement forgot to happen.

Maybe for the same reason you would ridicule your own country and region?

this is a true story...kinda freaked me out...

I was watching an Obama for president video today (long story)...

but anyway, it was over and i wanted to text someone so i pulled the phone out of my back pocket and the screen said

"#666"

no lie...

it was probably a coincidence, but still freaked me out

Guest bleeds
I call East Texas by similar names all the time. What's wrong with that? A lot of East Texas is podunk. Let's not try inflate the cultural and educational levels of our home ...

Middle, back and smug as ever.

Guest bleeds

CNO, if anyone needs to drop the attitude, it is you. If you don't like East Texas, might I suggest you leave. If you don't like the retorts to your elitist comments, don't post them.

This morning, on my way to work, I saw a man standing on the median in front of the Longview Mall. He was holding up a sign endorsing Barack Obama for president.

Apparently, Obama supporters don't even have sense enough to come in out of the rain.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

• Mr. P changed the title to 👎 Thanks Obama!