Texas Tech @ Missouri--Big 12 Game of the Week

DLine06

I this is the big game of week and a lot of implications are riding on this.

Tech beat Texas A & M and is currently amongst in a tie for a lead for the Big 12 South with OU. (A & M has lost 2 games along with OSU losing 3 games). A win for Tech puts them in an excellent position to then play Colorado, Baylor, Texas and concluding at home against OU.

Missouri has the current advantage over Tech the last few years. 1-1 in the North after the loss to OU, they are still in great command of their destiny.

Game time is set for 2:30 Saturday on ABC

Tech beat Texas A & M and is currently amongst in a tie for a lead for the Big 12 South with OU. (A & M has lost 2 games along with OSU losing 3 games).

A&M has 1 loss in conference play. They're "tied" for first right now too. Of course, give Fran another week and he'll fix that for you.

oklahoma state is in the mix with one loss in conference play and so is OU. so Tech finishes with Missouri, Baylor, Colorado, Texas, and OU. Which ones are home and away? Who does A&M and OU have left? OSU has K-State (home), Texas (home), Kansas (home), Baylor (away), OU (away).

I this is the big game of week and a lot of implications are riding on this.

Tech beat Texas A & M and is currently amongst in a tie for a lead for the Big 12 South with OU. (A & M has lost 2 games along with OSU losing 3 games). A win for Tech puts them in an excellent position to then play Colorado, Baylor, Texas and concluding at home against OU.

Missouri has the current advantage over Tech the last few years. 1-1 in the North after the loss to OU, they are still in great command of their destiny.

Game time is set for 2:30 Saturday on ABC

Huge game for Tech from a respect standpoint. I think offensively Tech is better suited this year to have success against ranked opponents. IMO Harrell and Crabtree are the best Leach has had at their positions since he has been there and the offensive line is the biggest in college football. Just not sure if the defense can slow down Daniel and Maclin enough to get the "W".

A&M has 1 loss in conference play. They're "tied" for first right now too. Of course, give Fran another week and he'll fix that for you.

A & M however has lost 2 games while Tech has only lost 1 so far. OSU has lost a couple of games this season

I'm not sure so someone might clarify me but let's say for example Team A & Team B end up with an exact record(7-1) for their Conference play as well as overall record being 10-2. If Team A & Team B played each other during the season does the winner of that conference since they are tied in virtually everything else?

Tech's remanding schedule is as follows:

Mizzou away, Colorado here, Baylor Away, Texas Away & Oklahoma here.

I think another big key in this game defensively is how well they play against a mobile-passing threat like Daniels. Tony Temple, starter @ RB for Mizzou is probable against Tech. Probable to me with a big game like this is he's going to play.

Mizzou O allows them to create serious space and stretch the D.

I think another big key in this game defensively is how well they play against a mobile-passing threat like Daniels. Tony Temple, starter @ RB for Mizzou is probable against Tech. Probable to me with a big game like this is he's going to play.

Scary thought considering what OSU did to the Tech D....I like the new DC though, I think he has the kids playing with a little more fire.....

Daniels can be stopped. However if his receivers (My good friend Martin Rucker and Co.) get open they will beat you ALL day long. I still do not think Tech's defense will stop the Mizzou offense and will roll big.

My whole point middle was that:

A & M's only conference lost was to Tech & they have lost more games in overall standing. To my knowledge I think it goes by conference standing, then overall and head to head.

ESPN ranks OU and Tech tied for 1st, A & M 3rd, OSU 4th, Texas 5th and Baylor 6th in the South.

From the Big 12 website:

STANDINGS

North

Kansas 2-0 6-0

Colorado 2-1 4-3

Kansas State 2-1 4-2

Missouri 1-1 5-1

Nebraska 1-2 4-3

Iowa State 0-3 1-6

South

Oklahoma 2-1 6-1

Oklahoma State 2-1 4-3

Texas Tech 2-1 6-1

Texas A&M 2-1 5-2

Texas 1-2 5-2

Baylor 0-3 3-4

The season is still "in progress" therefore the head to head junk is irrelevant.

From the Big 12 website:

STANDINGS

North

Kansas 2-0 6-0

Colorado 2-1 4-3

Kansas State 2-1 4-2

Missouri 1-1 5-1

Nebraska 1-2 4-3

Iowa State 0-3 1-6

South

Oklahoma 2-1 6-1

Oklahoma State 2-1 4-3

Texas Tech 2-1 6-1

Texas A&M 2-1 5-2

Texas 1-2 5-2

Baylor 0-3 3-4

The season is still "in progress" therefore the head to head junk is irrelevant.

Why are ya'll arguing about this anyways? We all know who will win the Big 12... And it's neither team ya'll are talking about.

= Boomer Sooner :rolleyes:

After looking at the game, I saw a player from Tech that stoodout...

Edward Britton #27 was the wide out I saw that we shouldn't throw to because of several drops in the first few games of the Tech season. More and more he has quitely became a more reliable reciever as the season came along.

My personal thoughts was that the biggest dissapointment of the whole game was the o-line. They played like garbage, and was tossed around like garbage. WR's excluding Britton for the most part were non-existant. Mizzouri's secondary and Linebackers got physical in their homecoming game. Michael Crabtree looked awful along with Graham getting prressured into bad situations... I'm actually glad however the voters/ESPN can stop talking about Heisman talks for these players... last thing I would like to see is any distractions.

I still think this team can win the south but for it to happen, we have to win out but there's something more to this last statement... This team has had missed oppurtunities throughout the season... this game if won, could of made history and sent a big message that Tech is for real.

Until my scarlet and black realize this last thing, they'll never start making their way into a top tier program. If you as a player/coach keep playing for stones, you'll get stones. You'll be bowl elligible but overall could of had a more successiful season. If you want to play for diamonds, you have to start answering the call to winning big games, being mentally and physically dominating on the road in a big game and in the heat of moment to make the critical plays that win you the ball games.

My personal thoughts was that the biggest dissapointment of the whole game was the o-line. They played like garbage, and was tossed around like garbage. WR's excluding Britton for the most part were non-existant. Mizzouri's secondary and Linebackers got physical in their homecoming game.

Britton wasn't really existant either except one big play, the game was 17-10 at halftime, 24-10 after the 3rd, you have to believe with Tech's offense their still was a chance, the fact of the matter is though, is that Tech's receivers were physically dominated, and only 6 seniors PLAYED in the game on Saturday, one of which is a backup WR and another is a Kicker. Spring Hill's own Brandon Carter got pwned and so did Marlon Winn on the right side of the O-Line. The defense wasn't the issue, the offense was, which is a concept I'm not quite used to when following Tech football, although Tech could have stopped the run a lot better in the second half