hooks vs grand saline

BLEEDINHORNETBLUE01

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Grand Saline...see yall next year.

OK first of all what exactly are you calling a crow hop? Grand Saline's pitcher was dragging her foot far better than the Hooks pitcher did even once at the game. Grand Saline had not one strike out tonight so evidently the crow hop doesn't give much of a advantage. Oh and one more thing the pitcher for Hooks is totally out of control, not only did she drop the F word to our players in the dugout and tell some of our fans "to shut the F up" , she rolled her eyes and mouth at her own coaches whenever they would instruct her on anything......... The sad part of that is that she seems to be a fairly decent pitcher and ball player but with an attitude like that she won't go far in anything.

"""

OK first of all what exactly are you calling a crow hop? Grand Saline's pitcher was dragging her foot far better than the Hooks pitcher did even once at the game. Not only that but also your home plate is not setting in the correct position.....Why? because it is set up for a left handed pitcher that's why! And as long as we are "just putting it out there" Grand Saline had not one strike out tonight so evidently the crow hop doesn't give much of a advantage. Oh and one more thing the pitcher for Hooks is totally out of control, not only did she drop the F word to our players in the dugout and tell some of our fans "to shut the F up" , she rolled her eyes and mouth at her own coaches whenever they would instruct her on anything......... The sad part of that is that she seems to be a fairly decent pitcher and ball player but with an attitude like that she won't go far in anything.

"""

That's your response to congratulations? OK very classy. Obviously you have absolutely no idea what you are saying from the start because your pitchers right foot didn't touch the ground from the time it left the rubber until it landed almost 12" later, that is what the definition of a crow hop. Your plate comment isn't any better considering we have a righty and a lefty, and the right handed pitcher has pitched more innings at home. I didn't realize that by congratulating your team I was "putting it out there", that was called a complement, you might have to google the word. As far what you said about our pitcher, I don't think that happened, I hope it didn't, but judging from the facts if your other comments I'm pretty sure it didn't happen. I hope the rest of the parents know how to take "congratulations" the right way, which the ones I said it to after the game did. At least they showed there is class in GS. Good luck to the team…i hope I don't have to explain that sentence to you also.

Good job Lady Indians. Just as a point of clarification, a crowhop is when the pitcher pushes off of the rubber with her pivot foot then "replants" that same foot and pushes off again. It is obvious to see if you watch their footwork closely. sounds like you believe that the pitcher was "leaping". That is when the pitcher starts her motion and pushes off and both feet are in the air at the same time. It is also obvious to see if they are doing it when after a few pitches you can look and see if they are dragging their foot, there will be a small ditch usually in a curved shape from where they push off. Some people believe a pitcher is leaping because they see the pitchers pushoff foot in the air when they initially pushoff, but that is normally just because there is a hole at the front of the rubber that the pitcher has dug out to get a good foothold. I've seen the pitcher from GS for the last couple of years pitch even back when she and her sister were at Quitman, if any thing I think she has some of the best footwork around. I never though she was obviuosly leaping or crowhopping. Just my 2 cents.

The pitcher for GS does "leap". In every picture I have seen of her, she definely has that back foot more than 3 inches off the ground and her toe is not pointing down but, it really doesn't "give" you any advantage. Pitching is all about timing, and I have actually seen some pitchers gain speed by going out shorter so. Its sad when officials consentrate on "one" illegal act and let others go. In one of the early tournaments, our pitcher was call several times for leaping while the other teams pitcher never brought the ball to the glove before she started pitching, which, to me, is more important so that the batter knows when the pitch is starting.

When I work with my dauther I can tell when she starts to leap and I have to get on to her to drag the back foot. Like I said I've watched the pitcher at GS and when she was at Quitman and I never saw her leap 3" in the air with her back foot. But no matter what I've allways taught my girls to ignore anything the pitcher does and just watch the ball come off her hip and HIT IT. This deep in the playoffs you have to put it in play and make something happen.

OK first of all what exactly are you calling a crow hop? Grand Saline's pitcher was dragging her foot far better than the Hooks pitcher did even once at the game. Not only that but also your home plate is not setting in the correct position.....Why? because it is set up for a left handed pitcher that's why! And as long as we are "just putting it out there" Grand Saline had not one strike out tonight so evidently the crow hop doesn't give much of a advantage. Oh and one more thing the pitcher for Hooks is totally out of control, not only did she drop the F word to our players in the dugout and tell some of our fans "to shut the F up" , she rolled her eyes and mouth at her own coaches whenever they would instruct her on anything......... The sad part of that is that she seems to be a fairly decent pitcher and ball player but with an attitude like that she won't go far in anything.

"""

For a fact the Lefty from Hooks drags her foot on every pitch, it's called proper mechanics!! Totally out of control you must be speaking of yourself. Who gets on here hiding behind a screen name and talks trash about a kid??? The same "lady" that was screaming like a wild animal at the fence, along with the other rednecks that had something to say to the pitcher the entire night!!! What you need to do is find some CLASS!!! Your trash talking about a kid is not acceptable, so MOVE around 'BallMom2' and find yourself another topic!!!

i did nt want to get involved in this but the pitcher from hooks did cuss and taunt the fans all nite . she ran right up to the fence when she scored clapping her hands in there face and when she got threw out at first base late in the game instead of running back down the base line she came way over in the grass by our fence with her arms wide open mouthing . the only words i heard from the stands wasnt toward her . they were just saying dont swing at that trash and junk #### . but i think she took it personaly and let them get in her head .

i did nt want to get involved in this but the pitcher from hooks did cuss and taunt the fans all nite . she ran right up to the fence when she scored clapping her hands in there face and when she got threw out at first base late in the game instead of running back down the base line she came way over in the grass by our fence with her arms wide open mouthing . the only words i heard from the stands wasnt toward her . they were just saying dont swing at that trash and junk #### . but i think she took it personaly and let them get in her head .

I wish smoaky would allow video's so we all could post exactly how the hooks fans and players act, since they are the only team who does no wrong and are all saints.

Ok I have read enough. What people are calling crow hopping these days does not give the pitcher an advantage. It is a rule put in place to keep the pitcher from "long jumping into the pitch. The crow hopping you see now is just interpeting the rule. Truth be known any good pitching coach will tell you that if you are crow hopping then you are hurting yourself because your momentum is going up instead of forward. Girls who "crowhop" will learn that when they can keep there body moving forward instead of up their velocity will increase. I dont have a Kid in either school but I will agree that Hooks are the biggest trash talkers this side of the red river.

This is Kelli fountain and I have had enough...we lost because we made too many errors and didn't string enough hits together at the right time...as far all this other garbage you a are saying..RIDICULOUS.. I have support these girls since they were 8 years old.. I will support these girls for the rest of their lives.. they are a great group of girls who love the game...for you to get on here and talk about our fans and girls.. that's were I draw the line. Our lefty puts everything she has into everything she does...and they way y'all acted and talked to our girls while they were playing..you should be ashamed I can't imagine her doing the things you said and no one called her on it so I guessing it was just another way to talk smack...as for y'all.. have you swept your own front porch? Do you feel your pitcher doesn't crow hop or leap? You have never heard this before? MOVE AROUND YOU WON..its called class...as for me I can be proud of my girls and our fans... we are passioniate about softball and are girls..and btw you might need to be humble since I have pretty sure you have not done everything right....js

Just to be clear, the Grand Saline Pitcher leaps, she does not crow hop, and has done so for years. I can't speak from experience about the Hooks pitcher as I have never seem her, but it will cost GS and their team some time or another. Just ask Tomball what it's like to wreck shop all through the season only to get to state and have it called last year. For that matter, ask Lindale what's it's like to ride a homer umpire through the playoffs about 7 years ago only to lose a state championship on that call.

Just to be clear, the Grand Saline Pitcher leaps, she does not crow hop, and has done so for years. I can't speak from experience about the Hooks pitcher as I have never seem her, but it will cost GS and their team some time or another. Just ask Tomball what it's like to wreck shop all through the season only to get to state and have it called last year. For that matter, ask Lindale what's it's like to ride a homer umpire through the playoffs about 7 years ago only to lose a state championship on that call.

Thank you. That is all i was trying to say about the GS pitcher. It will come back to bite them in the buds later. Thats it.

I am a Loud and Proud Grand Saline fan. As for the Hooks pitcher she does have an attitude problem, and if you dont see it you are in denial. If she was my kid I would have pulled her out of the game myself. She has cussed at our fans 1 game last year, and also both games this year. You are also in denial if you think that your fans are not a problem. One of your batters got a piece of a pitch on Friday night and foul tiped the ball into our catchers helmet, and one of your fans yelled out "YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO KNOCK THE PITCHER OUT NOT THE CATCHER" this was when it was confirmed that we were dealing with classless people.

I am a Loud and Proud Grand Saline fan. As for the Hooks pitcher she does have an attitude problem, and if you dont see it you are in denial. If she was my kid I would have pulled her out of the game myself. She has cussed at our fans 1 game last year, and also both games this year. You are also in denial if you think that your fans are not a problem. One of your batters got a piece of a pitch on Friday night and foul tiped the ball into our catchers helmet, and one of your fans yelled out "YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO KNOCK THE PITCHER OUT NOT THE CATCHER" this was when it was confirmed that we were dealing with classless people.

Are you the guy that had to put down the baby so he could stand up and yell?? The one that sat right on the fence and yelled at the pitcher all night??

Are you saying your fans have class? Are you saying mouthing to little girls is okay? You are a bully.. how long have you had your name? Did you just create it so you come on here and continue to bash are kids and fans... wow...really? I was standing all night by all of our fans.. never heard anything like that...and you are right if grand saline fans have class then we do want to be the opposite of you... you should be ashamed... get off here and start bashing central heights...

I am not mouthing little girls, I am not hear to bully anyone, I am simply pointing out what happened the other night. You say that your fans have class. I am just stating facts that happened and let people draw there own conclusion. It is amazing that you never hear your fans mouth anyone, or see your player roll her eyes at here own coach, or cuss at our fans. Yall have a good team or you would not have made it this far into the playoffs. There were at least 3 times the other night that we clapped and told your players that they made good plays. I am sure that there will be some way you will turn this post around on us and try to make GS look bad. And yes I did just get this screen name, That in no way changes the comment your fans made. It just point out that I love my team and just found a good site to come to read about area teams. My join date in on my post, if you look.

There is a difference in exaggerating and lying, and what you are a bold face LIAR. Not only did your fans cheer on any of our girls, they didn't even clap during introductions either night. Now some of them were polite when I congratulated them, so I'm not saying all of you are rude. As far as you always supporting your team, I went back and read a lot of yalls posts and that only applied to games GS won. When they lost it turned into a big blamefest. Real supporters do it all of the time, not just when a win is involved. I do feel sorry for one of your players. I thinks she's a very good pitcher who lead her team deep into the playoffs last year just to be rewarded this year by losing her job to someone who made it look like they moved into the district. Putting your house in Quitman up for sale WAY above a reasonable price guaranteeing it won't sell so that you can just quit renting a house in GS and move back home as soon as school is out does not mean you MOVED into the district. That's sad for her because next year she will be given the ball back and just supposed to #### up the fact that her coach would rather skirt UIL rules than give her the chance this year. I would much rather have my child here in Hooks where the coach cares a hell of a lot more about our children as people instead of just tools to make a resume. What that has gotten her are players that play their hearts out for her for the right reasons. It is a TEAM sport from the coach on down to the bench. Now it is time for you to gather some self respect and move on, I have in case you missed the part I congratulated GS the other day. If you think that wad classless, then you might need to invest in a dictionary.

I am not a liar, like I said I knew you would turn this on something we had done wrong. I was told by some of our fans that they told us to go win state. We appriciate that. I dont recall your fans clapping for our girls during introductions either. There is a spell checker on this forum I suggest you use it before you go tell anyone to invest in a dictionary. You cant let this go can you. This will be my last post on this subject, I hope. I hope that you will be able to move on from this and get on with your life. Good Luck to your team next year, I am sure we will meet again. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Wow did you put a lot of thought into that rebuttal? I don't have trouble spelling, its called trying to type using a 4" hone screen. But if it made you feel better that's good because your post made ME laugh. I did notice you were very quiet about my pitching comment, I'm guessing it was because you know it was true. See I tend to check my facts before I post. You were right about half of one thing, we didn't clap at the second game because we noticed your fans didn't the first game. That was wrong because it wasn't the girls' fault your fans were rude. I am glad that was your last post, now maybe we can get back to positive issues.