***BREAKING NEWS...San Augustine hires Graves "again"...

Smoaky

In an amazing turn of events, San Augustine has rehired Lynn Graves as the head football coach.

This comes after the school board failed to give unanimous approval to two previous finalists, and even tonight's vote was only 4-3 in favor of bringing Graves back to the program where he won a Class 2-A state championship in 2003.

Graves was the AD/head football coach at San Augustine from 1992-2003, where he compiled an overall record of 69-58, including the state title.

Graves was fired less than a week after leading the Wolves to the state championship, and that always left a cloud hanging over his departure.

Tonight, Coach Graves told me, "I've been in worse situations, and I think this validates that what I was doing before was the right way. We can all learn to change a little bit, but I know this town, they know me, and I know the kids and families, and I look forward to getting back to work. The previous situation left a cloud hanging over me, because after winning the state championship, and then being fired...I'm sure a lot of people wanted to know what else was going on. Actually, it just came down to some personal feelings from people who the ability to make a change, and the next thing you know, I'm fired. Right before I was fired, I really wanted to coach one more year and get to 40-years...but now, after being away from the coaching profession for three-years, I'm not so sure I don't want to coach until I reach 45-years in the business. As Bum Phillips once said, there aren't many coaches who haven't been fired...so I've been through that a couple of times, and I'm ready to get back at it".

Is there any truth to the rumor that Graves is going to try to bring back some of the coaches who left that were on his staff when they won state? Like the Offensive Coordinators?Or the head basketball coach or baseball coach?

Would any of these guys be willing to come back?