Palestine is STATE BOUND

Wildcats

Originally posted by sidestepper

This makes Palestine the first 3A team to make it to state ever!

I have to admit my ignorance. How is Palestine the first 3A team to go to state in soccer?

Originally posted by SOCCERBUFF

Do you know of another one that has made it state before?

Once again, I admit my ignorance.

Is soccer played in classes(1A-5A) like everything else? If so, is this the FIRST year for the state title to be contested? If not, there would have been a 3A champion before now.

edit:

My original post left out: Congratulations to the Wildcats.

Originally posted by catsfan08

No 3a does not have its own place in soccer. There are only 5a and 4a. All 3a schools must play in a 4a district if they have a soccer program otherwise they can't play. No other 3a team has ever made it this far.

Thanks for the clarification. Kudos++ seem to be in order in that case. How many years have they had a program at PHS?

edit: Just curious. Do any lower class, 2A or 1A, play soccer?

I don't know of any 1a or 2a schools that do. But I could be wrong. They just don't have enough kids. Soccer season basically is year round. They can start practice right after Thanksgiving and the tourney play begins in Jan. Then district starts (during basketball/softball starts) and then playoffs are during softball and track season. Smaller schools just don't have enough kids to choose from or with the interest. They would have to play in a 4a district so it is difficult BUT IT CAN BE DONE!!! Go cats.

It is even greater seeing a 3A like Palestine making the 4A state tournament.

Como-Pictin (sp) plays soccer but they are the only 2a school that I know of but they play a JV schedule because until there is 3A soccer they can't join. There is major discussion about splitting the 4A bracket into a big school little school format for next realignment........then maybe the next realignment after that you will have 3A soccer.

It is even greater seeing a 3A like Palestine making the 4A state tournament.

Como-Pictin (sp) plays soccer but they are the only 2a school that I know of but they play a JV schedule because until there is 3A soccer they can't join. There is major discussion about splitting the 4A bracket into a big school little school format for next realignment........then maybe the next realignment after that you will have 3A soccer.

The bylaws state that a 2A can't compete for a championship?

Don't quote me on this but I think you cant play up two classifications. 3A can compete in 4A but a 2A can't compete above the 3A level.

If so, this needs to be changed. If a lower class school wants to compete at a higher classification, they should be allowed.

Originally posted by rcshombre

palestine is 4a in soccer...not sure why everyone keeps saying 3a...they ARE 3a in football, but they're considered a 4a school in soccer...i can't believe they're 3a in football anyway, palestine is bigger than kilgore and they're in class 4a in everything

Check your facts. UIL lists Kilgore's enrollment as 1108. Palestine has 908. 1108>908, or that's how we do math here.

Also, just because Palestine has to play 4A teams because there is no 3A classification, , it doesn't magically turn them into a 4A school for soccer season.

palestine is 4a in soccer...not sure why everyone keeps saying 3a...they ARE 3a in football, but they're considered a 4a school in soccer...i can't believe they're 3a in football anyway, palestine is bigger than kilgore and they're in class 4a in everything

Palestine has two high schools.

Originally posted by twotouches

Check your facts. UIL lists Kilgore's enrollment as 1108. Palestine has 908. 1108>908, or that's how we do math here.

Also, just because Palestine has to play 4A teams because there is no 3A classification, , it doesn't magically turn them into a 4A school for soccer season.

my bad on the amount of people, i'm not a walking population chart...second, check your facts, palestine is magically turned into a 4a soccer program because THEY ARE 4a

Originally posted by totellthetruth

Palestine has two high schools.

why does palestine have two schools and what is the other...i know about palestine and i know westwood is considered outside of palestine and it's own district, kind of like spring hill is considered not part of longview and not considered part of the lisd