"The Antichrist"

fiftysix

in my opionion the falling away has been created by some churches being more liberal and focusing on worldy things too much....

I'm with you 56. I call that the Saddleback effect. Saddleback is the church where Rick Warren preaches. They are very sensitive to not offend, and have made their services less confrontational and less offensive, in terms of preaching Heaven and Hell, sin and damnation. Now, their services resemble a light rock concert.

Many, many churches have followed the Saddleback lead. Sadly, those in attendance are missing out on certain truths they must know in order to be saved.

This is so true. I think today people think they have to be entertained. A little is ok, but some are way over the top! Church should be a place of worship..not Six Flags.

I offer you Joel Osteen as an example. His church has about 30,000 members. He charges (so I've been told) $10 a head on Sunday mornings. There are no crosses or any reference to the cross in the church. He doesn't teach the whole story, conveniently leaving out hell, etc. When asked about this, he responded something to the affect of not wanting to offend the people who attend.

I offer you Joel Osteen as an example. His church has about 30,000 members. He charges (so I've been told) $10 a head on Sunday mornings. There are no crosses or any reference to the cross in the church. He doesn't teach the whole story, conveniently leaving out hell, etc. When asked about this, he responded something to the affect of not wanting to offend the people who attend.

Yeah, he will preach what they want to hear. Sort of a Non-Christian Christian church. This whole Mega Church thing I just don't understand. The Preachers are doing pretty well though. In MHO they are gaining their reward now. I'm not to judge..but it's hard not to.

Yeah, he will preach what they want to hear. Sort of a Non-Christian Christian church. This whole Mega Church thing I just don't understand. The Preachers are doing pretty well though. In MHO they are gaining their reward now. I'm not to judge..but it's hard not to.

Osteen's dad used to pastor a church out in the county just north of Paris.

that is really disturbing.

It is but does the shepard do the will of the sheep or do the sheep do the will of the shepard?

The shepherd does the will of the owner of the flock, as such, so do the sheep.