Championship: Katy Cinco Ranch 42, Abilene 36

Consolation: Katy 41, Lufkin 34

Championship: Odessa Permian 41, Burnet 27

Consolation: Southlake Carroll 54, Katy 40

Championship: Tyler Lee 40, Katy Taylor 26

Consolation: Colleyville Heritage 32, Alief Taylor 26

Championship: Baytown Lee 51, Bay City 34

*Third Place: Colleyville Heritage 27, Abilene 26

* Due to heavy rain in 2005, the consolation bracket was cancelled.

The consolation championship game was replaced with a third-place game

Championship: Colleyville Heritage 58, Rockwall 42

Consolation: Katy Taylor 26, Katy 12

Division I Championship: Georgetown 41, Houston Stratford 24

Division I Consolation: San Benito 41, McAllen Rowe 34

Division II Championship: Celina 28 , Crane 21

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive correlation between 7v7 success in the summer and 11v11 success in the fall! 10 years and running...

i think they are all 7on7...sorry if it was misleading. The bottom is just the scores.

the point still goes-good teamswin on any level...SLC, celina, tyler lee, katy, OP, lufkin....all state contenders year in year out. The link between 7on7 and 11on11 is stronger than what I 1st thought.

There is a strong indicator that if you are good at 7 on 7 you are good in the fall. Bottom line is if you have good football players you'll do well in both formats

I think you can tell a little more about pass oriented teams in 7 on 7 than any others. If you're a pass happy team in the fall, then you should be expected to compete better in 7 on 7. Marshall is a balanced running team, that likes to pass enough to keep teams honest against the run. Maybe about 65% run to 35% pass(depending on what that particular defense gives). Marshall has lost to plenty of teams over the past few years in 7 on 7 that they probably would have smoked when the pads came on. See 2005; State Runner-up in the fall, but couldn't have beaten Texas School for the blind in 7 on 7 that year. That said, its still good work for running based teams for when they do have to pass or defend against the pass come fall.

• 3 weeks later...

SS seems to be dominating 7 on 7. Rockwall, R L Turner and Newman Forrest are the latest victims this weekend. The wildcats are somewhere around 24-1 and have made it look easy, IMO. Beating 5 a and 4 a teams, some with so called "high powered Os". State 7 on 7 will tell the tell but no one is giving them much notice. No top 25 ranking? A district champ that will return 85% of the whole team and a true high powered O. Did I mention that the linemen are also going to state in a lineman challenge. Could everyone be over looking them a little. YOUR THOUGHTS

SS seems to be dominating 7 on 7. Rockwall, R L Turner and Newman Forrest are the latest victims this weekend. The wildcats are somewhere around 24-1 and have made it look easy, IMO. Beating 5 a and 4 a teams, some with so called "high powered Os". State 7 on 7 will tell the tell but no one is giving them much notice. No top 25 ranking? A district champ that will return 85% of the whole team and a true high powered O. Did I mention that the linemen are also going to state in a lineman challenge. Could everyone be over looking them a little. YOUR THOUGHTS

SS is going to have an excellent team this year. I think the SS and WH pre district game will tell us a great deal about how the respective district races will go. If people are taking SS lightly in their district they are in for a surprise.

s.s is over looked and will def. be one to watch out for next season. i think they will catch some big attention and also get a district champion ship

SS will be pretty good this year but I think that there might be a few other teams in their district that are pretty good too. :D

Sulphur Springs was very good. I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish second in their district. Although 7 on 7 has nothing to do with 11 on 11, it still helps the QBs, receivers, and DBs. I still would have liked to see Gilmer at least compete in one of the state qualifiers. They didn't have all their players playing when they hosted their own tourney, and when they did get their players back, they went over to ETBU and won that 7 on 7 meet. Does anyone know why they didn't compete in any SQTs?