(13-1)Dayton vs (13-2)Sulphur Springs, Saturday 2PM, Alamodome, San Antonio

wildcat90

We can all entertain this friendly banter while comparing stats, ratings, and districts but until Saturday we won't know who walks away with a State Championship trophey. By no means am I saying our SS Wildcats have it in the bag so please do not take this wrong when I say:

Don't take our word for it, take theirs:

Everman

"I don't know if you can do anything to slow Sulphur Springs down," coach Dale Keeling said. "We just didn't have the matchups. We didn't have anything to combat a quarterback who gets hot like that. If you're going to get to the next level, you've got to figure something out. We just have to fight like crazy to get back to that. It's hard to get to round five."

http://www.star-telegram.com/highschools//story/1095269.html

Denison

"I don't know how many hundreds of games I've coached in, and he's about as good as I've ever seen," White said.

**(referring to Ty Rollison)**

"Words can't describe how tough this is," senior guard Casey Fenn said. "To go 12-0 and lose like this is terrible. If it had been close it'd be a different story."

"They played better on defense than I thought they would," White said.

"It's been a great season. It really has," Fenn said. "They found a way that nobody had been able to do all season long."

http://www.heralddemocrat.com/hd/SiteSearchResults/11-30-Denison-SS

Rockwall Heath

But in the end, the Hawks defense was not able to contain Sulphur Springs quarterback Tyrik Rollison, who completed 25 of 30 passes for 387 yards and 5 touchdowns. He also ran four yards and one yard for scores.

Sulphur Springs played nearly a flawless game, with no turnovers and only one penalty for five yards.

http://rockwallrocks.wordpress.com/tag/sulphur-springs-football/

"We just ran out of time, but it was another great game for us," Moss said. "We came out on the losing end, but it was really a great game. I thought the kids played their best." http://www.rockwallcountynews.com/Archives/December/121108-02.pdf

** With no discredit to Rockwall-Heath intended, their best wasn't good enough this go around. They had a solid team, and brought it on strong. However, in the end SS still won.**

[/font]

Longview

"Sulphur Springs called plays from the line of scrimmage. You only had five or six seconds to get ready," Howard said. "What we did in that game made us play harder."

http://www.news-journal.com/search/content/sports/stories/2008/11/27/11272008_gamechangers.html

**Longview made the Wildcats play harder too, we might not be here without them**

To the Dayton fans on here: We really do like you too (well most of you :rolleyes: )... we can appreciate your dedication to your kids, coaches, and town. Our boys want it bad, so do yours. We know you wouldn't be here without being on your "A" game. I think everyone here can agree, there will be quite a show Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Alamodome!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Excellant post sswildcatfan. Especially for only your 2nd post. Good references, nice spacing, all in all very good post. I hope the Wildcats don't start out of the gate that well.

I'm too lazy to go do all the cutting and pasting, but there have one or two good articles on the Broncos in our area publications also. Which leads me to my next point..........the stampede is still coming regardless of ink.

Wow! Excellant post sswildcatfan. Especially for only your 2nd post. Good references, nice spacing, all in all very good post. I hope the Wildcats don't start out of the gate that well.

I'm too lazy to go do all the cutting and pasting, but there have one or two good articles on the Broncos in our area publications also. Which leads me to my next point..........the stampede is still coming regardless of ink.

I will try not to read into any sarcasm there Stampede. ^_^

I don't question that the stampede coming (regardless of ink), the question is will it have enough horse power to take home the trophy?

BTW, I know several people have asked, but any word on if the game is going to be televised?

Actually no sarcasm meant at all. I appreciate and can recognize a well thought out post when I see one. But can also understand why someone might construe me as sarcastic. :rolleyes:

Don't know if this game will be televised. I checked out the fox sports line up on my cable guide and all I can see scheduled is the 5A Div. 1 & 2 games. My daughter was asking the same question earlier. She's excited about the possibility of being on TV! (Drill team) :coolio:

Thanks for the clarification. Glad I didn't read in to it!

I've been checking all the local channels here too, but haven't seen anything yet. We've been fortunate enough to be televised twice this year once ESPN2 against Witchita Falls Rider & last week's game on a local channel. With us being 80 miles away from Dallas, we are not always on the top of the programming priority list if we aren't playing a DFW team.

Are you guys seriously doing the "my daddy can whoop your daddy " thing on these schedules? SS or Dayton could both have played Southlake in there prime in week 5 and it wouldn't make a flying fairy #### difference come saturday! Both teams had loses and and overcame adversity and both teams put together a playoff run that got them to San Antonio. Both teams can pass. Both teams can run. It sounds like to me like we might have two teams that deserve to be in the title game! The only thing and i mean only thing that you can accurately predict when you get to this level is that the team that executes there game with the least amount of hick-ups wins. Will SS show up and be lights out better than Dayton, I would hope so, but can I sit here and say that about a team 300 miles away? No I can't, and neither can any of these pastel purple ponies running around here say they'll walk all over the cats. On the flipside however, I bet thoses 2-8 opponents that have been playing basketball for 6 weeks appreciate your sudden show of respect for there programs.

At least someone from SS gets what I've been saying...

Hmm i am looking forward to driving from colorado to the Alamodome to watch this, I have heard about SS, and i think they should win this game because they have quite a roster of players, and Rollison is an awesome QB. Dayton may have speed but they are going to get popped in their ear-hole.

GOOD LUCK SS :thumbsup:

My high school team in colorado (Greeley West 5A) played in the state championship and won.

I DO NOT even think that we could touch SS, i saw their highlight reels and they are dang good.

Stampedecoming is basically paying to watch a world class team beat their second rate dayton horsies.

Thanks for the credit Colorado. Our boys are ready to fight for it. It will be without a doubt a great game.

I decided to do a little research with all the comparing of districts, rankings, etc. that have occurred over the past couple of weeks.

I will preface this by saying, I'm well aware that both teams vying for the state title deserve to be here. For all of the quick-draw mcgraws out there, please don't scold me on how nothing matters except how each team plays on Saturday. Rankings are just that – rankings. Rankings didn't help SS beat Everman nor did they help Dayton beat Tivy. Each team has proved they are contenders consistently over the past five weeks.

With that being said and thanks given to Smoaky and http://www.smoaky.com/pdf/pigskinprepnewsletterwk16.xls , I've pulled together a little information:

Dayton's Opponents' Rankings:

? - West Orange Stark

78 - Lumberton

64 - Bay City

24 - Friendswood

233 - Kingwood Park

218 - Baytown Memorial

132 - North Forest

104 - Crosby

158 - Barbers Hill

204 - Galena Park

103 - CE King

48 – Livingston

106 – Elgin

40 – Rosenburg Terry

54 – Brenham

12 - Tivy

Sulphur Springs Opponents' Rankings:

? - Paris

91 - Whitehouse

31 - Witchita Falls Rider

210 - Mesquite Poteet

2 - Longview

15 - Texarkana

118 - Mt. Pleasant

62 - Marshall

68 – Hallsville

110 – Lindale

25 – Waxahachie

18 – Denison

13 – Rockwall Heath

5 – Everman

I don't doubt Dayton has played some tough teams (especially during their playoff run). I personally feel (and yes this might be because that I am slightly biased :blush: ) that SS has faced a harder battle to get where they are. This goes not guarantee that the Wildcats will bring home the trophy, I just wonder if this will give them the edge they need. On the flip side, I think after the turn of events in last week's game against Tivy, will that give Dayton the edge/momentum they need?

Any Daytonites have a local rankings link I can check out? I'm not so naïve to think there is only one list to go by. I would actually like to see a Houston (and greater area) perspective on things.

just a few days away from game day when the SS Wildcats take the field and wins the state championship sure dayton loves to run the ball but the last three games the games the wildcats played were big running teams and the wildcats still stoped them. so if you have anything to say about that then come on say something about it.

get ready dayton for the wildcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to do a little research with all the comparing of districts, rankings, etc. that have occurred over the past couple of weeks.

I will preface this by saying, I'm well aware that both teams vying for the state title deserve to be here. For all of the quick-draw mcgraws out there, please don't scold me on how nothing matters except how each team plays on Saturday. Rankings are just that – rankings. Rankings didn't help SS beat Everman nor did they help Dayton beat Tivy. Each team has proved they are contenders consistently over the past five weeks.

With that being said and thanks given to Smoaky and http://www.smoaky.com/pdf/pigskinprepnewsletterwk16.xls , I've pulled together a little information:

Dayton's Opponents' Rankings:

? - West Orange Stark

78 - Lumberton

64 - Bay City

24 - Friendswood

233 - Kingwood Park

218 - Baytown Memorial

132 - North Forest

104 - Crosby

158 - Barbers Hill

204 - Galena Park

103 - CE King

48 – Livingston

106 – Elgin

40 – Rosenburg Terry

54 – Brenham

12 - Tivy

Sulphur Springs Opponents' Rankings:

? - Paris

91 - Whitehouse

31 - Witchita Falls Rider

210 - Mesquite Poteet

2 - Longview Pinetree

15 - Texarkana

118 - Mt. Pleasant

62 - Marshall

68 – Hallsville

110 – Lindale

25 – Waxahachie

18 – Denison

13 – Rockwall Heath

5 – Everman

I don't doubt Dayton has played some tough teams (especially during their playoff run). I personally feel (and yes this might be because that I am slightly biased :blush: ) that SS has faced a harder battle to get where they are. This goes not guarantee that the Wildcats will bring home the trophy, I just wonder if this will give them the edge they need. On the flip side, I think after the turn of events in last week's game against Tivy, will that give Dayton the edge/momentum they need?

Any Daytonites have a local rankings link I can check out? I'm not so naïve to think there is only one list to go by. I would actually like to see a Houston (and greater area) perspective on things.

just a few days away from game day when the SS Wildcats take the field and wins the state championship sure dayton loves to run the ball but the last three games the games the wildcats played were big running teams and the wildcats still stoped them. so if you have anything to say about that then come on say something about it.

get ready dayton for the wildcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, I've got my suit and tie back on for Librarian.com again. With that being said...Dayton is DEFINITELY not big and DEFINITELY not a running team. Small, quick, and great in the open field with one guy who can pound the ball and he's the QB.

I just want to say thanks to the support of the surrounding schools, the past 2 weeks Royce City, North Lamar and Greenville has opened their indoor facilities to us and allowed us to get quality practices in that we could not of had due to bad weather.

Hopefully this will set some ideas in motion for some new facilities in SS.

I just want to say thanks to the support of the surrounding schools, the past 2 weeks Royce City, North Lamar and Greenville has opened their indoor facilities to us and allowed us to get quality practices in that we could not of had due to bad weather.

Hopefully this will set some ideas in motion for some new facilities in SS.

I agree, as an 06 grad and former player of SS these guys definately deserve better. We've done the best that we've had for long enough, time for an upgrade SSISD.