SH vs Carthage

sbfanatic

Susprised with the score of the final game. Usually expect to see more runs deeper in the series after the hitters have had more looks at the pitcher. Both pitchers must have pitched a great game.

I was expecting to see a rematch of Rusk and Carthage. Just goes to show you have to take them 1 at a time and not look ahead. There's not many weak teams in the region 3 3a bracket.

While I am partial to 18 3A I never downplayed Spring Hill; however, I did think that Carthage would advance to the next round. Saw them play several times during the year and I knew what they had.

Spring Hill and 17 3A has to get some props for this victory. I think everyone including myself were expecting a Carthage Rusk rematch. Guess that won't happen until next year.

While I am partial to 18 3A I never downplayed Spring Hill; however, I did think that Carthage would advance to the next round. Saw them play several times during the year and I knew what they had.

Spring Hill and 17 3A has to get some props for this victory. I think everyone including myself were expecting a Carthage Rusk rematch. Guess that won't happen until next year.

Next year in district....This was a great series and the last game is what I expected the whole series to be like. K. Davis and K. Williams pitched one heck of a game 3. Its sad to see Carthage go home because they are really a great team but I am pulling for the Lady Panthers...Dont know anything about Brownsboro...does anyone know anything about them??? Who did they have in their district?

17 3A will be a district to be reckoned with. Not as much talk about them off the field like 18 3A but a very strong district in them as far as Bullard and Spring Hill. I hope Brownsboro can give Spring Hill a good game but they are coming out of a very weak district. My prediction is that Spring Hill will handle them quite easily.

Both teams played great --- Kaylee Davis never let up---she was throwing as hard the third game as she was the first----for anyone on here that may have doubted her ability to go all three---have no doubts again---she was awesome. Unfortunately, she cannot do it all by herself---Carthage was not able to shake off the rust from the "swine flu" delay---Springhill came out playing small ball and Carthage had too many errors---second game Carthage and Davis were playing great---third game, and after the break---Carthage had two severe coaching/base running errors that cost them the game---sad to Carthage out so soon---but the girls can only do so much---they need good direction-----even though I think Springhill is a great team---I think they were extremely lucky---the delay probably cost Carthage---they were playing at their best before and from what I hear---Springhill was not---the delay gave them time to regroup and Carthage lost a little momentum! Good luck Panthers ! Keep it going!! Go get 'em Kayla!!!

17 3A will be a district to be reckoned with. Not as much talk about them off the field like 18 3A but a very strong district in them as far as Bullard and Spring Hill. I hope Brownsboro can give Spring Hill a good game but they are coming out of a very weak district. My prediction is that Spring Hill will handle them quite easily.

Let's all remember that districts don't play ballgames, teams do! There's a lot of ball to be played from bi-district to Austin and anything is possible. I tip my cap to 17 3A! Region 3 is stout, NO DOUBT!

I wasn't there but sounds like the Spring Hill/Carthage series was a gem. Usually comes down to who makes a play or conversely who doesn't! Kayla Williams for Spring Hill and Kaylee Davis for Carthage both pitched outstanding games during this series.

Isn't Campbell playing ball at LSU and Kayla Williams has also signed to play college ball, right?

Congratulations to Spring Hill! And yes Spring Hill will handle Brownsboro.

Kayla Williams has signed, but I can't remember where. Campbell is just a junior. SH should have a good team again next year. They will need to replace a great pitcher in Williams and a great catcher in Allison Brown. Those are the only two seniors. The remainder of the starting line-up is two sophomores and two juniors in the infield and two sophomores and 1 junior in the outfield. Carthage played great and is a very good team. They took advantage in game 2 of Williams very uncharacteristically walking three straight batters with no outs. Almost got out of the jam, with two outs and no runs scored there was an error in left field allowing three Carthage runs. Kaylie Davis is awesome. She did get tired in game 3, but it did not seem to effect her pitching. Appeared she was throwing as hard in game 3 as in game 2. SH plays Brownsboro Thursday night at UT Tyler in a one game series......(at least that is what i was told). Good Luck SH.

No Joke, from reading all the 18AAA homers posting, you would have thought Spring Hill would have mailed it in !! lol Can you say C-R-O-W ! Hope that Carthage homer is hungry.

I have read through this thread again and can only find ONE "homer" discounting Spring Hill. I believe everyone else was agreeing that this would be a great series and that it was anyone's guess as to who would win it. Furthermore, what are "homers" supposed to do? Duh.... :getlost:

I don't think crow needs to be served to anyone. The three games were very well played by two groups of awesome young athletes and some really great coaches. Everyone I talked to knew that it was going to be a tough series and nobody had the advantage.

Congratulations to Spring Hill in your advancement, but an equal congratulations to the Lady Dawgs and Coach Morgan. You will be a formidable force to be reckoned with next year!!! :notworthy:

It was a match to the finish---Springhill scored 8 runs off of Carthage throughout the series and Carthage scored 8 runs off of them throughout the sereis---this was not a matter of who had the better team--it was who did the job when it counted that day----pitchers can only do so much--Davis pitched all three games---never had to come out--Williams was pulled in, I beleive the 4th inning of the second game, Campbell came in to finish.I think Campbell has a verbal agreement with LSU, but from my understanding she is strictly a runner. I am not a "homer" as they are saying on here---but, Carthage is not losing any of their players--so I think they will be back next year--- maybe then they will have a better run.

Next year in district....This was a great series and the last game is what I expected the whole series to be like. K. Davis and K. Williams pitched one heck of a game 3. Its sad to see Carthage go home because they are really a great team but I am pulling for the Lady Panthers...Dont know anything about Brownsboro...does anyone know anything about them??? Who did they have in their district?

Van played Brownsboro early in the season and beat them 14-2. SH shouldnt have any problem with them.

It was a match to the finish---Springhill scored 8 runs off of Carthage throughout the series and Carthage scored 8 runs off of them throughout the sereis---this was not a matter of who had the better team--it was who did the job when it counted that day----pitchers can only do so much--Davis pitched all three games---never had to come out--Williams was pulled in, I beleive the 4th inning of the second game, Campbell came in to finish.I think Campbell has a verbal agreement with LSU, but from my understanding she is strictly a runner. I am not a "homer" as they are saying on here---but, Carthage is not losing any of their players--so I think they will be back next year--- maybe then they will have a better run.

Campbell IS being recruited by LSU but has not been extended a Scholarship offer. They are wanting her to Walkon as a freshman and earn a Scholarship from that point. It is a great oppertunity from one of the premier Softball programs in the country.

Both teams played great --- Kaylee Davis never let up---she was throwing as hard the third game as she was the first----for anyone on here that may have doubted her ability to go all three---have no doubts again---she was awesome. Unfortunately, she cannot do it all by herself---Carthage was not able to shake off the rust from the "swine flu" delay---Springhill came out playing small ball and Carthage had too many errors---second game Carthage and Davis were playing great---third game, and after the break---Carthage had two severe coaching/base running errors that cost them the game---sad to Carthage out so soon---but the girls can only do so much---they need good direction-----even though I think Springhill is a great team---I think they were extremely lucky---the delay probably cost Carthage---they were playing at their best before and from what I hear---Springhill was not---the delay gave them time to regroup and Carthage lost a little momentum! Good luck Panthers ! Keep it going!! Go get 'em Kayla!!!

Superfreak....3rd game, to many base running errors? If I remember right the SH rightfeilder threw a one hop strike to 3rd to nail the Carthage runner....thats not a base running error...thats a heck of a play by SH...Carthage coach was aggresive on that play and their is nothing wrong with that...just a great throw by the Bogue girl. AS FAR AS SH BEING LUCKY.....THEY TOOK 3 OUT OF 4 FROM CARTHAGE THIS YEAR.... A 1 hitter in the first game of the year and a 2 hitter in game 3 of this series...How can you call that lucky??? Thats not lucky thats being the better team!!! As far as Carthage losing some momentum....I would agree..they had 3 straight shutouts and 2 of them were against very good teams. In game one Springhills's speed and ability to bunt killed Carthage...as I recall the first 2 scored on a great bunt by the cather and the runner at 2nd was coming the whole way....your 1st baseman just made a mental mistake by going to 1st....I had many freinds from both schools so it was tough watching Carthage go home but thats why teams like this play the best of 3...because in the end the best team wins...and in this case it was SH.

Van played Brownsboro early in the season and beat them 14-2. SH shouldnt have any problem with them.

Thanks for info...Van has had one heck of a year....I watched SH knock them out last year and the Van girls had amazing sportsmenship....People keep saying SH got in the wrong region but dang there isnt an easy one anywhere around here. Keep up the great job Van, and maybe me just might see you in Austin...of course if we do we have to play awesome ball and get some breaks but you never know.

sbfanatic---First off, the throw may have been good,but, when you have runners on 1st and 2nd and you are down by 1---the runner on second should have been moving when the ball passed 1st base---she was not paying attention and did not even start to run until the girl in right had already thrown the ball---big error---second base running error---same scenario---runners on 1st and 2nd--1 out----in an attempted bunt the ball is popped up back to the pitcher---runner on second was not paying attention, again, and tries to run to third---coach telling her to go back all the time! Sorry, but if those aren't base running errors--I don't know what is! The two girls with the errors were both put in to run for the pitcher and catcher (who I may add may not be very fast , but are both very efficient base runners.) I am not from Carthage, just watch alot of their games---as I said before---Springhill got lucky! Isn't that part of softball---LUCK! Any game can go anyway on any day! Especially with good teams!!! Anyhow, as I said before---GOOD LUCK PANTHERS!!!!

sbfanatic---First off, the throw may have been good,but, when you have runners on 1st and 2nd and you are down by 1---the runner on second should have been moving when the ball passed 1st base---she was not paying attention and did not even start to run until the girl in right had already thrown the ball---big error---second base running error---same scenario---runners on 1st and 2nd--1 out----in an attempted bunt the ball is popped up back to the pitcher---runner on second was not paying attention, again, and tries to run to third---coach telling her to go back all the time! Sorry, but if those aren't base running errors--I don't know what is! The two girls with the errors were both put in to run for the pitcher and catcher (who I may add may not be very fast , but are both very efficient base runners.) I am not from Carthage, just watch alot of their games---as I said before---Springhill got lucky! Isn't that part of softball---LUCK! Any game can go anyway on any day! Especially with good teams!!! Anyhow, as I said before---GOOD LUCK PANTHERS!!!!

Superfreak....In the last 3 days I have had conversations with at least 3 parents of starters of that Carthage team...they all said the better team won....U tell me...3 out of 4 for the year and we got lucky...Yeah your base runners did kill you in that case and I can understand...we had one picked off at first (running for our catcher) and I too think like you...I wouuld rather have the slower but much smarter runner in!.....Luck, have the calls go your way, have the ball bounce your way but honestly 3 out of 4 says it all....Just wish these two teams would have been in a different region....Have watched these Carthage kids grow up playing select ball so i know how much they wanted it.