19 2A Baseball

huminababe

Yall are going to be surprised with Woden this year. All this talk about them losing all their talent and a bunch of seniors last year, however they retained a hell of a coach who turned a bunch of nobodies into a #### good baseball team last year. They have a solid lineup and held there own against White Oak in a scrimmage last week.

Will be interesting to see how this year plays out.

How did that scrimmage turn out?? Did WO pitch the Gawthright kid? WO has 3-4 of their better players in basketball right now..

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did that scrimmage turn out?? Did WO pitch the Gawthright kid? WO has 3-4 of their better players in basketball right now..

Yes, woden held their own against WO. Garweigh did pitch against them and they had no trouble putting the ball in play. Both teams comitted several errors, yet both sides remained about equal at the plate and after all their play the final score came out to be 9-7 i believe. I see nothing but good things coming out of this Woden baseball team this year and i thorughly believe many heads will be turned again this year. Woden scrimmages huntington on friday.

I think the guy that watch the game has lost his mind! Woden never hit a ball out of the infield the whole game. That includes the jv pitchers that white oak threw. Woden maybe had a grand total of 2 hits in the game and one was a swinging bunt.

They did score a few runs off of a bunch of walks and stole bases off a freshman catcher in one inning. They didnt hit the ball hard off of any varsity pitchers.

I think the guy that watch the game has lost his mind! Woden never hit a ball out of the infield the whole game. That includes the jv pitchers that white oak threw. Woden maybe had a grand total of 2 hits in the game and one was a swinging bunt.

They did score a few runs off of a bunch of walks and stole bases off a freshman catcher in one inning. They didnt hit the ball hard off of any varsity pitchers.

OUCH!!!lol

How can you already say one kid is the best in the district that is gonna be a tough one to win, especially this early in the year when you've seen no one else play?

There's hitting good, then there's walking alot and getting a few dink hits, many ppl confuse the latter with the first one. Which one was it anyone who was at the WO game?

well i know that they threw WO's ace against woden and they hit him pretty good

woden definition of "hit him pretty good" - v. 1) when someone swings and makes contact with the ball (foul #### included) 2). when someone makes contact with the baseball and it doesnt make it past the pitchers mound

WODEN= TARDVILLE

woden definition of "hit him pretty good" - v. 1) when someone swings and makes contact with the ball (foul #### included) 2). when someone makes contact with the baseball and it doesnt make it past the pitchers mound

WODEN= TARDVILLE

TARDVILLE? Yea, very mature. And if I remember correctly, Woden recieved all this negativity last year and despite people like you had a very successfull season for the first time in SEVERAL years. Woden may not have a team full of absolute studs, but they have a coach who believes in them which is what they have lacked in the past. All I'm saying is to keep Woden in your sights as well.

TARDVILLE? Yea, very mature. And if I remember correctly, Woden recieved all this negativity last year and despite people like you had a very successfull season for the first time in SEVERAL years. Woden may not have a team full of absolute studs, but they have a coach who believes in them which is what they have lacked in the past. All I'm saying is to keep Woden in your sights as well.

Will do, we will make sure to keep an eye out for them in our rear view mirror

Texas2ABaseball.com has it picked,

1. Central Heights

2. Arp

3. Elkhart

Should be fun to watch. No one lost alot due to seniors.

Seniors lost:

CH-3

Arp-1

Elkhart-4

WR-5

Frankston-3

Woden-6

Garrison-1

Troup-0

i cant say i agree with your predictions i think woden will be in the top three. i dont think CH will oppose a big threat to them. the only think woden really lack is the confidence and you can see it when they hit the field. other than that they have a great coach, and some pretty good players. there out feild is decent but lack depht in left feild. one person you shood look out for in i woden is there centerfielder and shortstop they know how to work their sticks. im justa fan of 2a baseball no team inparticular just dont count woden out. But dont let your heads get to big boys its a long road to state!

i cant say i agree with your predictions i think woden will be in the top three. i dont think CH will oppose a big threat to them. the only think woden really lack is the confidence and you can see it when they hit the field. other than that they have a great coach, and some pretty good players. there out feild is decent but lack depht in left feild. one person you shood look out for in i woden is there centerfielder and shortstop they know how to work their sticks. im justa fan of 2a baseball no team inparticular just dont count woden out. But dont let your heads get to big boys its a long road to state!

and you cant forget about the kid from baseketball that jus came out to baseball. He helped the team out a lot last year and he is better this year than last. He will help woden out a lot. everyone just sit back and watch. It's gonna be a fun ride.

I'm sorry smoaky fans. I thought I told my Woden sawmill hands to quit posting on smoaky!

I'm sorry smoaky fans. I thought I told my Woden sawmill hands to quit posting on smoaky!

It's ok sawboss, everyone should "root, root, root for the home team, if they don't win it's a shame, for it's 1, 2, 3 strikes your out at the ol' ballgame." :coolball: