For Those Saying the Big 12 just delayed inevitable

The way Chip Brown talked on ESPN last night this is not delaying a later break up. He talked about how the deal was done assures that this new 10 team conference will be around for the foreseeable future...not sure if thayt means couple of years, or 5-10 years...I do think as long as ONE of the teams is in national contention this conference will be fine.

I also think this HELPS A&M...They just lost two competitors for recruits in CU and Nebraska. I think if A&M can rise back up and TTech trend back up and this conference has 4 teams always in and around the top 25 the conference will be just fine.

The truth is that Mack Brown got his wish. Two fewer opponents and no Conference Championship game. He would really like to play nobody and decalre himself undefeated and worthy of playing in the MNC game. You wonder why they never considered the SEC? It had #### to do with academics, it had everything to do with LSU, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, Georgia, etc. They had the right to form their on TV network in the Big 12 just like everybody else.

If A&M had jumped on board, there would be no T-sip 10 conference. We will never know the politics behind the scenes. Texas and A&M got what they wanted, alot more money. They each spin it anyway they want. Nobody wanted to go anywhere. They are very happy in their little comfort zone. The politics of A&M and Texas are much more intertwined than you will ever know. The perception that they hate each other is greatly exaggerated.

The truth is that Mack Brown got his wish. Two fewer opponents and no Conference Championship game. He would really like to play nobody and decalre himself undefeated and worthy of playing in the MNC game. You wonder why they never considered the SEC? It had #### to do with academics, it had everything to do with LSU, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, Georgia, etc. They had the right to form their on TV network in the Big 12 just like everybody else.

If A&M had jumped on board, there would be no T-sip 10 conference. We will never know the politics behind the scenes. Texas and A&M got what they wanted, alot more money. They each spin it anyway they want. Nobody wanted to go anywhere. They are very happy in their little comfort zone. The politics of A&M and Texas are much more intertwined than you will ever know. The perception that they hate each other is greatly exaggerated.

You do realize NO coach likes a Conference Title game unless EVERYONE has one right? That is not just Brown, but every coach. They feel as long as some leagues dont have to play the title game it is unfair for the ones that do have to play it

That is why coaches don't make the decision. Brown does not like to play anybody that has a chance of beating him. He even cancelled the game with Hawaii. He moaned and groaned about the series with Ohio State. All he has to do now is beat OU and then sell the media. Selling is what he does best. He has a dang kid to remind him to put his headset on the sidelines. They are on cockeyed half the time. Wind him up and watch him clap. The truth remains that he has won two conference championships in his life.

I am happy Texas will be playing in a 10 team conference. It allows a true champion to be decided. What will be interesting to see how they configure the conference championship game which is a bit meaningless. If they go North & South, which team from the south goes north. It it is OU, you have a Red River II game. I am still attempting to process this game as being necessary other than the $ for the conference.

No doubt the conference is a weaker conference than it was a year ago. Iowa St. sticks out as a 5th wheel. If you were to name the remaining teams in the conference, most fans would name them last.

If conference expansion is going to occur, I have a couple of criteria I would like to see met.

1) The school needs to have a student body of at least 20,000.

2) The school is not a "Commuter School"

3) The school has a stadium of 50,000 and they average 45,000 tickets sold.

The great conferences are great because of the atmosphere generated by the fans.

I have been outspoken hoping the BIG? does not admit several popular choices. It is not because I dislike all of the schools, I do not think they create the proper atmosphere for a big time conference.

The school I would like to see decide to go Div 1A and compete with the big boys is Texas State. It is a school with an enrollment of 30,000 (compare to Texas Tech 28,000). It has 21 resident halls and is surrounded by student appartments. Would they be weak? Initially yes but over time I think they would be a better choice than some of the schools previously mentioned. I realize Texas State does not meet my own criteria today, but long term I think they would.

The way Chip Brown talked on ESPN last night this is not delaying a later break up. He talked about how the deal was done assures that this new 10 team conference will be around for the foreseeable future...not sure if thayt means couple of years, or 5-10 years...I do think as long as ONE of the teams is in national contention this conference will be fine.

I also think this HELPS A&M...They just lost two competitors for recruits in CU and Nebraska. I think if A&M can rise back up and TTech trend back up and this conference has 4 teams always in and around the top 25 the conference will be just fine.

I don't put any stock in what Chip/UTs puppet has to say. He's reported all week exactly what UT wanted out there. That we were all going West. UT has not always been the powerhouse they are now. Mack Brown and consistency is what got them to this level. And I will give them credit for an outstanding football team and a chess game well played this week. But their winning tradition is about to come second to Tech. I know from first hand info Tech is just going to take it out on the field. Feel sorry for UT in September. Those boys are ready to rip some heads off.

Back to the Villian role for Texas.

If this comes up again in the next ten years, I hope Texas acts like Nebraska and makes it own decision. It is obvious if we gave to a charity it would be for suspected purposes. If we are going to be the villiams, might as well be a reason.

Let those who were nervous fend for themselves next time. Maybe they will fare okay. It is not Texas' concern.

At a time we should be elated for our schools, we are back stabbing. That was the downfall of the SWC. We either come together or separate. It needs to be sooner rather than later. I have no interest in being in a conference that is divided. If it 9 vs 1, then the one needs to leave. I am sure Texas can find an appropriate home, it will be happy. The question could your school. Some yes, others no.

I don't put any stock in what Chip/UTs puppet has to say. He's reported all week exactly what UT wanted out there. That we were all going West. UT has not always been the powerhouse they are now. Mack Brown and consistency is what got them to this level. And I will give them credit for an outstanding football team and a chess game well played this week. But their winning tradition is about to come second to Tech. I know from first hand info Tech is just going to take it out on the field. Feel sorry for UT in September. Those boys are ready to rip some heads off.

Who did you talk to? Mike Leach! :rofl: :rofl:

Back to the Villian role for Texas.

If this comes up again in the next ten years, I hope Texas acts like Nebraska and makes it own decision. It is obvious if we gave to a charity it would be for suspected purposes. If we are going to be the villiams, might as well be a reason.

Let those who were nervous fend for themselves next time. Maybe they will fare okay. It is not Texas' concern.

At a time we should be elated for our schools, we are back stabbing. That was the downfall of the SWC. We either come together or separate. It needs to be sooner rather than later. I have no interest in being in a conference that is divided. If it 9 vs 1, then the one needs to leave. I am sure Texas can find an appropriate home, it will be happy. The question could your school. Some yes, others no.

Interesting perspective.

All I have heard from national media is how Texas is the savior of the Little Big 12.

Of course, I don't worship at the altar of the burnedout orange calf.

All the schools did what they thought was the best for them, given what other schools were doing or in the process of doing.

Not sure why Tech hasn't agreed to the Little Big 12 yet.

I say add Memphis that was helped by FedEx saying that they would donate $10 million a year to a BCS conference that included Memphis (CEO son is QB for Memphis)

Then add TCU since they are so high and mighty good right now...that would get back to 12 teams and everythign is back to normal.

Memphis and Colorado are fairly comparable in most things. TCU right now is on par or better than Nebraska in some. Closer trips and gets back to 12 teams.

Memphis - no - Commuter School

TCU - no - School Size (I respect the program but feel it would be a disservice to TCU and the Conference in terms of energy [atmosphere] generated by the program).

I am not a TCU fan, but you add the other conference teams and you instantly create a buzz in the atmosphere of that school and town. Memphis would be another Baylor or Iowa State. I initially thought Boise St. but they joined another...who else os out there to add 2 more? Notre Dame would say no, plus I hate them anyway.

If you were to expand Notre Dame is my thought. They keep their tv stream of money.

I doubt that will ever happen, especially for them to come south....but much of their recruiting comes from the south...so never say never. Do you have any other options for expansion?

Arkansas, SMU, Colorado St., UH, UTEP? Colorado St. would be a good choice to replace CU.

ESPN allready had Texas in the Pac 10. That wasn't true espn Just makes stuff up and says SOURCES. ESPN has no credit anymore. The big 12 won't go anywhere to many teams would like to join for the money.

Who did you talk to? Mike Leach! :rofl: :rofl:

Good gosh..... H*** NO! He could never pull out a consistent win record against anyone. No way! EVER! Tubs will do it. And btw Hunter... you are one of the few delusional UT fans who does not know what to expect out of Tech in the next year or two. Most that know anything about football know that Tubs has proved himself in that area in the SEC. I'm done, because I'm fairly certain I may be going on with a middle schooler.

Good gosh..... H*** NO! He could never pull out a consistent win record against anyone. No way! EVER! Tubs will do it. And btw Hunter... you are one of the few delusional UT fans who does not know what to expect out of Tech in the next year or two. Most that know anything about football know that Tubs has proved himself in that area in the SEC. I'm done, because I'm fairly certain I may be going on with a middle schooler.

Great point! He will win the easy games every year and maybe have two big fluke wins in the next three or four years. I haven't seen him build an elite, national power team ever. We'll be having this same discussion in five years about Tech's next savior.

I doubt that will ever happen, especially for them to come south....but much of their recruiting comes from the south...so never say never. Do you have any other options for expansion?

Arkansas, SMU, Colorado St., UH, UTEP? Colorado St. would be a good choice to replace CU.

I am on the record saying I personally like 10 teams conferences. I might eject a couple of teams like Iowa State and bring in another school. I mentioned Notre Dame, who I acknowledge is a long shot. I have suggested Texas State grow into the conference with their student body of 31,000. I would be happy with Brigham Young. They are hugh in Utah and have a national audience being the national school for the Mormon faith. A game between Baylor and BYU would be classic.

I agree, I would rather keep a 10 team and do away with champ game. But, we all know an extra game brings extra $$$. Adding BYU and SMU would create a religiuos battle on an almost weekly battle! Add in Southwestern Assemblies of God in Waxahachie and we could have religious battles every weekend!!

I say no to SW Texas...I can't call them Texas State--it sounds too much like a movie college! They will NEVER be successful in DI sports.

There were actually two saviors Texas & A&M. Texas staying keep at least 4 teams in the conference. If A&M elected to go to SEC (if it were an option), the plan would not have worked.

Thank you A&M and Texas

They were working together, don't ever doubt that. It was all orchestrated. It got them both more money. They both have the right to form their own

TV networks. They both got rid of the dreaded Championship game that costs the Big 12 of several chances at a MNC. They both reduced the true competition by two. Texas is already there where all it has to do is beat OU and A&M is a heck of alot closer to competing a for a Little 10 title than it was in the SEC. Do you really think the legislature was going to allow them to split?

That is why coaches don't make the decision. Brown does not like to play anybody that has a chance of beating him. He even cancelled the game with Hawaii. He moaned and groaned about the series with Ohio State. All he has to do now is beat OU and then sell the media. Selling is what he does best. He has a dang kid to remind him to put his headset on the sidelines. They are on cockeyed half the time. Wind him up and watch him clap. The truth remains that he has won two conference championships in his life.

Who else does he have to beat? Your team? How many times has he beaten your team or are you too ashamed to say?