It's Time again for Cross Country

Celtic09

In 4A, I really like Hallsville and Whitehouse.

In 3A, Spring Hill, Lindale, and Canton.

Who else should be competitive?

And by the way, for everyone working out right now, please be careful and stay hydrated. I know a lot of kids are working out at night, so wear something bright and watch out for cars!

Kaufman has returning runners should be a contender. Grady Frazier from TKGorman is running strong this summer, hopefully he will run several uil meets. I'm sure the Hallsville Kids will be ready! Whitehouse runners are putting in the miles. Looking forward to the Tyler/Lee meet!

In 4A, I really like Hallsville and Whitehouse.

In 3A, Spring Hill, Lindale, and Canton.

Who else should be competitive?

And by the way, for everyone working out right now, please be careful and stay hydrated. I know a lot of kids are working out at night, so wear something bright and watch out for cars!

• 2 weeks later...

Kaufman has returning runners should be a contender. Grady Frazier from TKGorman is running strong this summer, hopefully he will run several uil meets. I'm sure the Hallsville Kids will be ready! Whitehouse runners are putting in the miles. Looking forward to the Tyler/Lee meet!

Pleasant Grove has seen an increase in numbers for the past few years, I counted about 23 kids.

That many kids getting up before the light of day to do for a sport what most sports use for punishment is commendable.

Hats off to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallsville is gearing up for Spring Hill meet tomorrow are Lear Park! Young team this year, with only 1-2 seniors on the squad.

Look for Whitehouse to still be the 4A favorite, until somebody proves otherwise. Troy Hayden is the individual favorite coming off his State XC and Track qualifications from last year.

Kaufman, Spring Hill, and Canton are always strong 3A programs, and fun to watch compete!

Should be a fun season. May we all run For His Glory! (1 Corinthians 10:31)

• 2 weeks later...

Elkhart will be good. But the #2 and #3 runners both moved.

Still have Ham...

I got a chance to see them in Crockett, and they ran well. Didn't dominate the field like last year, but still won first place. Grapeland lost their #1 from last year (decided not to run her senior year) and still ran strong and took second.

Will Elkhart or Crockett be at SFA Saturday?

Not sure. I know Grapeland will be in Palestine, so maybe Crockett or Elkhart will be over there too. Neither school has a schedule posted online and I never got one from either school. I would like to see Elkhart at least go over to SFA, I think it would be a good measuring stick against some of the area competition this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Fairfield girls have a good group of young runners that will do well this year.

PG Hawks just got first in V and JV at N Lamar.

Freshmen are contributing, and will be a force for years to come.

Challenging the times of Will Berry is no small feat.

Good to hear about success up in Pleasant Grove! Will Barry is a great Legend to run after. Will PG be at Atlanta meet this Saturday?

PG Hawks just got first in V and JV at N Lamar.

Freshmen are contributing, and will be a force for years to come.

Challenging the times of Will Berry is no small feat.

• 4 weeks later...

Fairfield girls have a good group of young runners that will do well this year.

Congratulations to the Fairfield Girls on winning the Region III Meet with a team score of 55.

A young team consisting of 3 Freshman, 2 Soph., 1 Junior, and 1 Senior.

Good Luck at State!