Celina vs Henderson

bigorange

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I say nethg about CELINA LOSING, I think not! I said its a tough road 4 the Bobcats, & I don't think u wud disagree with that.

Sorry, guess I am misreading into your post. Yes, I do agree, very tough road for the Bobcats. This time of year, its supposed to be a tough road for any contender. I think this game could go either way. Thats the kind of games that make the playoffs so fun. No cupcakes left on the bakery shelf from here on out.

I went to 3adownlow and someone posted Henderson's game against Gilmer in which Gilmer put on youtube . Some of ya'll ought to go see some of the post these people are putting up. They are laughable to say the least. You talk about some armchair q.b.'s! I don't know why they are not in meetings with coach Ford telling him what to do....:rolleyes:

I went to 3adownlow and someone posted Henderson's game against Gilmer in which Gilmer put on youtube . Some of ya'll ought to go see some of the post these people are putting up. They are laughable to say the least. You talk about some armchair q.b.'s! I don't know why they are not in meetings with coach Ford telling him what to do....:rolleyes:

Oh, you are so right about the armchair quarterbacks in Celina. The most vociferous ones have never played High School football. I watched the Henderson game against Carthage, last night, and Henderson looks to be very dangerous. The quarterback is far ahead of any quarterback Celina has played against, this year. Celina has not played any team this good, all year. They point to Prestonwood, a private school, but they barely got by that team, 34-33, and PW didn't have a running game and has a somewhat soft defense, but give Celina credit where credit is due. They came back from a 12 point deficit in the last 5 minutes, on PW's home field, although the private school fans aren't nearly as fanatical. That school also concentrates on academics.

Celina is always a good team and program, but they put together a soft schedule, each year, hoping when they go 10-0, the Celina people won't notice losing in the playoffs. There was a 2 year exception to that rule in 2008 and 2009. They played Whitehouse, Arlington Heights and Daingerfield in non-district. Also, TCA Addison was decent. In district, they got spanked by Prosper both years, 33-7 and 38-14. After that, Butch Ford wasn't going to add that many losses(9) in 2 years, on his overall record, ever again.

For the record, Gilmer spanked Celina something like 45-17 in 2003, at Eagle Mustang stadium in Richardson, TX. No-one in Celina ever talks about that game.

Also, a misinformed poster, last evening, indicated that the Carthage 2008 squad was the only team that could have beaten Celina, at that time. Actually, the state championship game, that year, was in the quarterfinal between Carthage and Gilmer, with the Bulldogs winning 31-28. Prosper won the Div 1 title that year, and defeated Celina 33-7 in the regular season. Of course, no-one could have beaten Celina, since they were the only team that could have improved as the season progressed.

Oh, you are so right about the armchair quarterbacks in Celina. The most vociferous ones have never played High School football. I watched the Henderson game against Carthage, last night, and Henderson looks to be very dangerous. The quarterback is far ahead of any quarterback Celina has played against, this year. Celina has not played any team this good, all year. They point to Prestonwood, a private school, but they barely got by that team, 34-33, and PW didn't have a running game and has a somewhat soft defense, but give Celina credit where credit is due. They came back from a 12 point deficit in the last 5 minutes, on PW's home field, although the private school fans aren't nearly as fanatical. That school also concentrates on academics.

Celina is always a good team and program, but they put together a soft schedule, each year, hoping when they go 10-0, the Celina people won't notice losing in the playoffs. There was a 2 year exception to that rule in 2008 and 2009. They played Whitehouse, Arlington Heights and Daingerfield in non-district. Also, TCA Addison was decent. In district, they got spanked by Prosper both years, 33-7 and 38-14. After that, Butch Ford wasn't going to add that many losses(9) in 2 years, on his overall record, ever again.

For the record, Gilmer spanked Celina something like 45-17 in 2003, at Eagle Mustang stadium in Richardson, TX. No-one in Celina ever talks about that game.

Also, a misinformed poster, last evening, indicated that the Carthage 2008 squad was the only team that could have beaten Celina, at that time. Actually, the state championship game, that year, was in the quarterfinal between Carthage and Gilmer, with the Bulldogs winning 31-28. Prosper won the Div 1 title that year, and defeated Celina 33-7 in the regular season. Of course, no-one could have beaten Celina, since they were the only team that could have improved as the season progressed.

If this doesn't tell the truth I guess i've never seen it. Great post on telling it like it is. With that being said I will tell you there have been some changes since the Carthage game...I will not get into details let's wait till friday...

CELINA!!!!!

Come on Hamp, and others. Give some feedback. These forums are for thoughtful expression. It's no fun with just point spreads, scores and one word posts. Tell me why you think Celina will win. I believe they definitely could win, but I just don't think Celina has played good enough competition to prepare for games like these. They need some breaks to pull this one out. A team must have superior personnel to wait until playoff time to go against a good team. Sanger and Lovejoy were really not very good, were they? If you don't think playing Gilmer, Carthage, Pittsburg, Liberty Eylau and Kilgore last year, had anything to do with Henderson winning the championship, I must beg to differ. Who has Celina played to prepare them for the remainder of the playoffs? I could be wrong, but I don't think the G.A. Moore scheduling philosophy works well in 3A, even though the playoffs are watered down with the 2 divisions.

although the private school fans aren't nearly as fanatical.

According to who? Ask Michael Irvin if the Prestonwood fans are fanatical. I would say they are since he was thrown out of the Prestonwood/Celina 8th grade game. And that's 8th grade.

That school also concentrates on academics.

So, Henderson doesn't concentrate on academics? They only focus on athletics? I don't think that's the image Henderson or any East Texas school wants to portray.

You contradict yourself in the same sentance. If their schedule is so soft, then why do you consider them a good team? Celina has no control over their district. It's not their fault that Anna, Bonham, and Commerce are bad teams.

Why would this game even be mentioned or talked about? It's not even relavent to the game with Henderson.

Celina is a good team and good program. History details that. Carthage and Gilmer are both excellent programs with a long history of winning. Henderson is well on their way to the same kind of historic run. We can sit here and talk smack back and forth and there will be no winner. You won't change the opinion of Celina fans like Celina fans won't change your mind about your team. The game Friday night should be a good one. Celina by 3.

If this doesn't tell the truth I guess i've never seen it. Great post on telling it like it is. With that being said I will tell you there have been some changes since the Carthage game...I will not get into details let's wait till friday...

Just currious on what information you and Morroney have on the athletic pedigree of the Celina posters? You seem to think most have never played the game. You and Morroey apparently played in HS.........thus making you the experts. WOW. Nothng like being uninformed. Often in error and never in doubt for you Lion boys LOL

You contradict yourself in the same sentance. If their schedule is so soft, then why do you consider them a good team? Celina has no control over their district. It's not their fault that Anna, Bonham, and Commerce are bad teams.

Why would this game even be mentioned or talked about? It's not even relavent to the game with Henderson.

Celina is a good team and good program. History details that. Carthage and Gilmer are both excellent programs with a long history of winning. Henderson is well on their way to the same kind of historic run. We can sit here and talk smack back and forth and there will be no winner. You won't change the opinion of Celina fans like Celina fans won't change your mind about your team. The game Friday night should be a good one. Celina by 3.

There are no contradictions and no smack talking that I can see. Are you saying a team with a soft schedule cannot be a good team and a good program? I just don't get why the coaches of an excellent football program like Celina would want to play a soft schedule? I think it decreases the boys' chances when they get to the playoffs. Is there some rule about mentioning the Gilmer game of 2003? I am not trying to change any Celina fan's opinion and I wasn't talking about Henderson's academics. Not sure how you reached that conclusion. I can't predict who is going to win and I really can't tell who is the better team. Guess we will see on Friday night. I can't make it to the game but I will certainly be paying attention to the score.

Just currious on what information you and Morroney have on the athletic pedigree of the Celina posters? You seem to think most have never played the game. You and Morroey apparently played in HS.........thus making you the experts. WOW. Nothng like being uninformed. Often in error and never in doubt for you Lion boys LOL

First of all I don't think Morroney lives in Henderson.....Second of all I did play HS football as well as in college...I recognize a "wanna" be when I see one. Never said I was an expert in anything on SDC...Now I was never a coach but I do know a little about football...Sorry if that upsets you..

Wow! Great post, enigma! Not one word on why you think the better team is Celina and facts to back it up. I agree, we really don't know your Football experience, only deduction from your posts. Where else in my posts, am I uninformed?