New Movie

pullhitter06

OMGosh! I wanna see this one so bad! I love comedies, and I love baseball... it's perfect... Fever Pitch was good, and so was The Rookie and For Love of the Game... Sandlot... the list goes on and on... lol. The trailers for this movie have been hilarious and I'm just hoping it doesn't pull a Madagascar on me (every funny thing in the movie was in the trailer). <That one disappointed me...

Originally posted by pullhitter06

never heard of it [Game 6], whats it about?

It's in limited release (like most good movies are) ... you have Larry The Cable Guy, Health Inspector on multiple screens in Tyler, but you have to drive to Dallas to see a good movie.

ANYWAY -- here is the plot synopsis, courtesy of allmovie.com:

A writer runs an obstacle course of neuroses as he prepares to debut an important new work in this comedy drama. Nicky Rogan (Michael Keaton) is a successful playwright who, after a series of hit comedies, is about to debut a deeply personal drama, and is more than a little nervous about how it will be received. Rogan has learned that notoriously tough critic Steven Schwimmer (Robert Downey Jr.) will be reviewing the opening night performance; a bad notice from Schwimmer sent Nicky's good friend and fellow writer Elliott (Griffin Dunne) into an emotional tailspin from which he's yet to recover. Rogan also has reason to believe that Peter Redmond (Harris Yulin), the play's leading man, may have a serious health problem that could sideline the show. Rogan is being dogged by personal anxieties as well — his wife, Lillian (Catherine O'Hara), is leaving him, he's having an affair with Joanne (Bebe Neuwirth), who is bankrolling the show, his father (Tom Aldredge) is in failing health, and the life-long Boston Red Sox fan is panicking as his heroes are being trounced by the New York Mets in game six of the World Series. Game Six was the first original screenplay from noted novelist and playwright Don DeLillo; the film premiered at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival. — Mark Deming

game68yq.jpg

Originally posted by rabbitts&canes
Originally posted by TxEaglecaller

I think he meant having Heder play as Napolean Dynamite in the movie

yes that's what i meant.

oops... lol. he does have the "Napolean" sound in the movie still... may not be the same, but... oh, well... lol.

Originally posted by rabbitts&canes

i wish they'd let the napolean character play in it

Yeh, and put Kip and Uncle Rico in there too.

Originally posted by cheaptrick77

It's in limited release (like most good movies are) ... you have Larry The Cable Guy, Health Inspector on multiple screens in Tyler, but you have to drive to Dallas to see a good movie.

Thank you for smoking still hasnt come to college station, but larry the cable guy has been here for about 2 weeks. :mad::mad::mad:

Originally posted by pullhitter06

never heard of it [Game 6], whats it about?

It's in limited release (like most good movies are) ..

This makes no sense to me! Why would the release of a "good movie" be limited to a certain geographical area or limited to a certain number of screens?:yawn:

Originally posted by SAPACK1

Why would the release of a "good movie" be limited to a certain geographical area or limited to a certain number of screens?:yawn:

. . . because this is a business & more people will flock to Larry The Cable Guy: Health Inspector than Game 6 or Thank You For Smoking :thumbdown:

$$$

. . . because this is a business & more people will flock to Larry The Cable Guy: Health Inspector than Game 6 or Thank You For Smoking :thumbdown:

$$$

EXACTLY. im still pretty upset that Thank You For Smoking hasnt made its way to college station.

It will get here soon enough...we only have one theater right now (even though it is huge) so some of the lower budget movies take a while to get here.

When the new one in Bryan opens up there should be enough screens where they'll work out having say all top 20-25 grossing movies in a given week.

I think this is another one of those movies that you really wouldnt laugh at it if you werent there with your friends. Everything is funny with friends. Kinda like Napolean D. Its funny when people quote i, and funny in some parts of the movie, but for the most part it was kinda. . . . idk, just not really entertaining.